forum

[Archived] Sound stopped working?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DiJko
I've tried to figure out how to fix this on my own, but nothing has worked. My game was working perfectly fine and then one day all of the sound cut out. It still runs fine now, I just can't hear the music or any beatmap sounds. My audio drivers are up to date and the game hasn't been muted in the volume mixer. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I have the music/effects/master volume at 100 in the game as well, but still nothing. I have sound everywhere else except in the game. Any ideas on what happened?

osu! version: 20161227.2
Kao
Can you go to \Songs\ and play one of the mp3 files there, does it play?
If it plays, you might want to fix your database or repair permissions
Move the file osu!.db out of osu!

You can go to settings and click on the Repair folder permissions option like so,
Topic Starter
DiJko
The mp3 files play, but when i moved the osu!.db file and checked repair folder permissions, nothing changed
Kao
Do you hear the menu sounds?
If not, go to settings and find "Audio Output" you can also type this out.

When you find Audio Output, change it to Default.
If it doesn't work with Default, switch it to Speakers.

If it works with Speakers but not Default, then your speakers isn't set as the default output.
Read this for instructions how to set Speakers to default.
Topic Starter
DiJko
I plugged in another pair of headphones to the speaker port on the front of my pc (my other headphones use a usb port on the back) and the sound works just fine. but my usb headphones are the default device and it used to work normally on that one, im just confused as to why it works for one pair of headphones and not the other
Starrodkirby86
Could it be that osu! has a different Output Device than "default" or that of your commonly used headphones? In the Options menu for osu!, you can also change what audio device osu! will output its sound from.

Topic Starter
DiJko
it only plays sound from the headphones plugged into the speaker port. i tried the other options, but it only seems to work with the speaker setting. there's a default option, speaker option, and an option for my usb headphones, but even when that one is selected, there's still no sound