forum

Taiko switching to 4 fingers, tips?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ceilings
I've been playing with two fingers for a while (red on w, blue on numpad 3) and maps are getting a bit too fast for just one finger now. I used this tool and with only one finger it takes me about 1.7s for 20 hits, while with two fingers on the same hand it's around 1.4s and two fingers on two hands is 1s on average. So I tried switching to a kd dk spread but that requires me to "invert" my muscle memory for the left d and the right k and it's really difficult, I can't even clear 3* maps now. How can I get better at that?
o x
There are certain subforums for specific game modes! the taiko one is here. Don't create a new thread a mod will move this to the correct place! Just something to keep in mind for the future!
Edgar_Figaro
There are many ways to go about playing 1/4 patterns (unless you are talking about songs with high BPM fast singletaps) If you play a DDKK playstyle which it sounds like you do the way is of course to either trying and full alt everything or single tap with your dominant finger and alternate with the non-dominant finger (I personally use this style single tapping with my middle fingers and using my index fingers for alternating). If you do want to switch to a KDDK playstlye it's alot more advantageous to learn to full alt as otherwise you end up using one-hand alot and only using your off-hand for 1/4 patterns. But there are many different playstyles you can go for. Those are just a few I mentioned here but there is really no wrong way to play. You do need to learn to play with all 4 fingers and whichever way is most comfortable for you is what I'd suggest.

Looking at your top plays it looks like you have started playing Muzu's and low Onis. My only suggestion for you is resist all temtation to try and quickly single press doubles and triples which you should be seeing plenty of at your difficulty. It may work for now but when you get into harder songs your finger stamina won't be able to last.
Estaryo
im still wondering about your playstyle. would be good to know what keys you use for what

how to get better at using all fingers? the first thing to say is always the same: Practise Practise Practise.
how to do that? well you could begin with muzukashii diffs and incrase the bpm of that (it's always the same pattern ddd/kkk or doubles, so you should get it fast)
after that try your luck at low bpm oni's around 3 stars. that will take some time, so just try try and try.
ikin5050
you can always play dk dk? haha
anaceleste
I personally prefer df jk , as i am currently learning more advanced patterns - i believe it helps, but whatever you feel is correct, go with it!:D