forum

Switch for modes in Main Menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +44
Topic Starter
Kith190
TIME AGO:
Many new players join osu and go straight to play standard mode just cause they don't see taiko, catch the beat and mania. I asked to someone and they answered they didn't even know this modes existed. I ask if can you please show a switch between mods right in the main menu so that players have to make a choise. In this way they are forced to play standard and other mode's community are obviously smaller. Thanks!
NOW:
Same shit, different day, notthing changed and there are still the same issues, no clients were released and no patch were made, so I'd like to re porpouse those features:
- Switch between mods in the main menu! (As the thread name)

- CHANGE THE TUTORIAL PLS

- Mods individual editor would be pretty fine as someone suggested

Eraser wrote:

Also make something to indicate a mode specific map clearer... It breaks my soul everytime I see new players are playing autoconverts ;((((( maybe map grouping by mode as the default?
- Automatic game mod switch as someone suggested

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Also, please, make something with automatic Game Mode switching. Right now, if you just keep playing songs from different modes randomly or simply don't change the game to the mode beatmap is dedicated to, it won't change the game mode to this one.

From one side, someone who wants to play mainly X mode can be annoyed, if game changed it to Y mode simply because he played map from it, but it can be simply solved, like changing the Main Mode until you quit the song or leave the Results Screen after the song.

Why do I mention this?
Well, right now, if you just play song from some other game mode than chosen one, then after passing it, it doesn't give you +/-XXXX ranks, +/- accuracy % etc. Moreover, it glitches out instead and you randomly receive these +/-XXXX ranks in some places in game, sometimes more than once. Also, your rank can get bugged, both in Solo and Multiplayer, which will result in the false rank being shown.

It's annoying to keep changing the mode all the time, especially in mapsets that have diffs for multiple game modes, only because game doesn't detect and respond to it accurately, so you won't see how much ranks you gained, if you don't do this. Also, after just randomly playing map from other mode, you either need to accept that you can receive a glitch gift soon, or you have to manually change game modes forth and back, to kind of force the refresh (or whatever changing the modes triggers) and prevent the glitch from happening.
Luqanted
they are probably stupid for not knowing that there "modes" can be seen in the bottom. well we cant blame them.

also, i think someone already posted something very similar to this. just cant find it.
i kinda support anyway. i think it'll be better if there was like a somewhat command?
Pawsu
With osu!next (next.ppy.sh) I think a feature like this will be coming. ;)
Caput Mortuum
Also make something to indicate a mode specific map clearer... It breaks my soul everytime I see new players are playing autoconverts ;((((( maybe map grouping by mode as the default?
Luqanted
instead of the switching modes, why won't peppy make a intro for osu!? :v

like it's introducing the modes, mods, etc. but of course, there's a skin button lmao
Topic Starter
Kith190
I could even talk about the "tutorial" in his "converted" version.... have you ever tried it with a mode diffrent from standard??? Well I think that a switch section or scroll would be a nice point of start.
LastExceed
In the new client (osu!lazer) that switch is already present, so I guess we can close this request.
NaTha

LastExceed wrote:

In the new client (osu!lazer) that switch is already present, so I guess we can close this request.
osu lazer isnt even playable
Hareimu

NaTha wrote:

LastExceed wrote:

osu!lazer IS playable, you just played an early build in alpha state of how the game would look like in main menus and stuff that peppy posted.

Wait for the full build to come up
Pawsu

NaTha wrote:

LastExceed wrote:

it's a WIP, meaning it's a work in progress. it obviously aims to be completely functional
Scarlet Evans
Also, please, make something with automatic Game Mode switching. Right now, if you just keep playing songs from different modes randomly or simply don't change the game to the mode beatmap is dedicated to, it won't change the game mode to this one.

From one side, someone who wants to play mainly X mode can be annoyed, if game changed it to Y mode simply because he played map from it, but it can be simply solved, like changing the Main Mode until you quit the song or leave the Results Screen after the song.

Why do I mention this?
Well, right now, if you just play song from some other game mode than chosen one, then after passing it, it doesn't give you +/-XXXX ranks, +/- accuracy % etc. Moreover, it glitches out instead and you randomly receive these +/-XXXX ranks in some places in game, sometimes more than once. Also, your rank can get bugged, both in Solo and Multiplayer, which will result in the false rank being shown.

It's annoying to keep changing the mode all the time, especially in mapsets that have diffs for multiple game modes, only because game doesn't detect and respond to it accurately, so you won't see how much ranks you gained, if you don't do this. Also, after just randomly playing map from other mode, you either need to accept that you can receive a glitch gift soon, or you have to manually change game modes forth and back, to kind of force the refresh (or whatever changing the modes triggers) and prevent the glitch from happening.
Edgar_Figaro
I like this idea but also as a new player freindly feature of finding stuff you should have multiple filters without needing to type in the search bar. For instance I almost always have my maps sorted by difficulty but then I also have typed in Mode= and then the letter of gamemode I am wanting to play at the time. I think functionality like this being built into the filter would help newer players find the gamemode specific maps easier
My Angel Raphi
This would really add the missing essential element of a video game into osu!. Any selections that significantly change the gamestyle should be displayed distinctively on the main menu.
Topic Starter
Kith190
Guys, a few time ago you all told me about osu!next and osu!lazer, and new implementations... well since i didn't see a ******* change I'll reporpouse this thread ;D
_Meep_

Kith190 wrote:

Guys, a few time ago you all told me about osu!next and osu!lazer, and new implementations... well since i didn't see a ******* change I'll reporpouse this thread ;D
people arent robots
they fucking have to work and code all this shit so that we can have a good time
you're just lazy to go find what 'changes' are being made
Topic Starter
Kith190

_Meep_ wrote:

Kith190 wrote:

people arent robots
they fucking have to work and code all this shit so that we can have a good time
you're just lazy to go find what 'changes' are being made
You misunderstood, I am a dev too and I know well how long could it take to make even a little change, I just meant to say that what me and other people asked for wasn't done. I just wanted to put the attenction on this issue, no critics to the devs! Just to let other people notice this thread. I apologize if I hurt someone.
_Meep_
My bad then, felt like you just didnt notice anything at all
stuff like osu!lazer have been in the works thats why
apologies.