forum

[Archived] Cursor auto locks sliders....

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpaceCato
Problem Details: I don't really know how to explain it but when I hit slider notes, my cursor kinda locks on to the slider and moves on its own. This only happens for sliders.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
Adorn
Uh, make sure your mods are all turned off on the song select screen!
Topic Starter
SpaceCato
No mods are on :/
o x
Can you provide a video of this somehow
Topic Starter
SpaceCato
Sorry, I can't
Kao
You can ask another person to record with a phone maybe
Then upload in http://streamable.com
Lokimir
I'm actually having the same issue.
Not only is it locking on to the sliders but it causes the cursor to.. hm.. "hit a wall" I guess. The cursor will also "wiggle" around or just act disobedient.
After going through some replays to try and see it for myself I realized that it's kinda hard to spot. I have gone through all the options settings, made sure no mods were turned on and have made sure that osu is up to date.
Also, I don't know if it matters, but I'm using a mouse.
Kao
@Lokimir
Try enabling raw input or setting sensitivity to 1.00x or both
But "hitting a wall" do you mean the cursor stops moving at some point? (Maybe it can't reach the rightmost/leftmost part of the screen?)
Try changing resolutions if that's the case. Also try seeing if "Automatically confine cursor in osu!" helps
Try setting the game in windowed or fullscreen mode and see if that changes anything
Lokimir
@Kao
Sorry I was a bit unclear about the wall. What I mean about hitting a wall is that the cursor will stop moving (regardless of screen position) with my mouse movement. Another way this will happen is if I move the mouse diagonally up-right it can sometimes go straight up or to the left instead as if it's hitting a wall.

I had already tried the raw input and sensitivity settings and they didn't do anything. I just tried the other recommendations that you had for me and they didn't help either.
I tried straight installing osu again, but that didn't work. So I think I will try uninstalling osu first, then reinstalling it again? Kind of at a loss as to what else there is to do.

Also, I'm using a Raor Ouroboros mouse. Not sure if the razor synapse could be causing issues? But I don't think it's too likely since this only started happening recently.
Upskirt
Edit : Let me think about it.

Try blowing into the sensor of the mouse to clear any dust.

Are you running multi-monitors?
Kao
I think I've seen people having problems with Razer synapse, and reinstalling them helped (I don't really like Razer)
Do you have another mouse nearby? Try using another mouse.
Or you could also try plugging to another port and see if it helps

Do you also have a tablet plugged in? Try pressing f10 to disable mouse clicks