forum

TO-MAS feat. Chima - FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lanturn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on March 12, 2017 at 11:23:48 PM

Artist: TO-MAS feat. Chima
Title: FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP
Source: フリップフラッパーズ
Tags: FLAPPERS ED ENDING featuring
BPM: 117
Filesize: 14404kb
Play Time: 05:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. 1.71 (1.71 stars, 171 notes)
Download: TO-MAS feat. Chima - FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This map contains many 1s and 7s.
SB / Map by Lanturn

(Star Rating changes ruined the map, the map was originally 1.71* when this was ranked)
Izzywing
so i'll just say cs7 is NOT what i was expecting LOL

1.17 :thinking:

I was going to mod this but I have LITERALLY NOTHING to point out.

so uh... take some stars I guess.

Just so I'm not totally useless, 02:02:142 (1) - might be a bit too long for the difficulty (I don't really know what the target audience of this map is lol)

On a similar note, 04:53:424 (1,1) and 04:59:577 (1,1) - - miiiight be unrankable under the spinner recovery time rules, but I don't think it'll be a problem because it's two spinners.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Hmm, maybe I'll just rename to Extra?

This map doesn't follow very many guidelines lol.

Spinners should hopefully be fine.
Modorenai
Hi! from my queue

Oh, this map sure is "unique" xd I'm not sure how I'm supposed to mod this since it focuses really really really really much on symmetry so I'm sorry it's so short

[General]
add "flip flappers" and "flipflappers" to the tags
Solodifficulty can have a custom name
[Normal]
I think the slidervelocity is a bit fast since it's hard to follow with such small circles and I guess you're trying to make this a 1.17 fest, so idk 17 spinners and 117 sliders where xd

00:35:988 (1,2) - make it flow as 1's curve implies hint
00:38:040 (3,1) - bad overlap
00:52:399 (1,2,3,4) - this flow seems wierd
01:08:809 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - these sliders are out of sync with the rest of the map
01:27:269 (3,2) - bad overlap
01:29:322 (1,3) - ^
01:31:373 (3,2) - ^
01:55:988 (2) - CRTL+J
02:49:322 (1) - What's Code Geass doing here? xd
04:10:347 (3,1) - bad overlap
04:41:116 (1,2,3,4) - make CRTL+J of 04:37:013 (1,2,3,4)
04:53:424 (1,1) - it gets more intense here so maybe add more circles? try this rhythm
04:59:577 (1,1) - ^ this spintime seems really long with the previous spinners

Again, sorry for short mod but this map is quite gimmicky for me to mod, so I can't give any proper feedback

Good luck ranking it, though! ;)
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Moderanai:
SPOILER

Modorenai wrote:

Hi! from my queue

Oh, this map sure is "unique" xd I'm not sure how I'm supposed to mod this since it focuses really really really really much on symmetry so I'm sorry it's so short

[General]
add "flip flappers" and "flipflappers" to the tags Flip is already in the title, and flapeprs is already in the tags. I don't see a reason to use flipflappers though, since the title is spaced officially.
Solodifficulty can have a custom name might have another diff coming, name is temporary.
[Normal]
I think the slidervelocity is a bit fast since it's hard to follow with such small circles and I guess you're trying to make this a 1.17 fest, so idk 17 spinners and 117 sliders where xd This was for 171 total objects and also 777 combo. If I had 17 circles/spinners, the slider would still be at 137, so 157 kinda works since the length is 5:07.

00:35:988 (1,2) - make it flow as 1's curve implies hint This actually ruins the symmetry and the future DS.
00:38:040 (3,1) - bad overlap It vanishes before the upcoming note slides underneath it actually.
00:52:399 (1,2,3,4) - this flow seems wierd Honestly, I think it flows kinda nicely. More than the rest of the map at least lol.
01:08:809 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - these sliders are out of sync with the rest of the map Actually, the first two sink, while the next ones kinda rise. I ran out of space though so I had to put the last (3) below it. I still like the 'free' look of the bird (picture far distance seagulls)
01:27:269 (3,2) - bad overlap
01:29:322 (1,3) - ^
01:31:373 (3,2) - ^ All of these vanish during gameplay before the next notes come up.
01:55:988 (2) - CRTL+J Sure, and with the upcoming slider as well.
02:49:322 (1) - What's Code Geass doing here? xd R3
04:10:347 (3,1) - bad overlap wrong ones?
04:41:116 (1,2,3,4) - make CRTL+J of 04:37:013 (1,2,3,4) Hmm, maybe if more suggest this. I like the added variety the next few notes give so I want to somewhat keep this.
04:53:424 (1,1) - it gets more intense here so maybe add more circles? try this rhythm
04:59:577 (1,1) - ^ this spintime seems really long with the previous spinners can't remove or add anything from these last few suggestions for obvious reasons. Gotta keep this 17 theme.

Again, sorry for short mod but this map is quite gimmicky for me to mod, so I can't give any proper feedback

Good luck ranking it, though! ;)

Thanks for the mod!
Ashton
How is anyone supposed to give a sufficient mod on a map that is copy-pasted nearly everywhere (I do this also, so i'm not saying it's bad) ?

The only MODS I can see people making are flow ones, which aren't even that good. I don't know what i'm trying to say through this, but I thought it was worth mentioning. (you might wanna skip the whole modding process seeing RLC did it and I guess it's the new fad)
Topic Starter
Lanturn
If on the odd chance someone does have a thing or two to say, that's sweet. I've still got like 35 planned days before I want to rank this anyways. XD

A flow mod is still a mod. I'd accept any input. Including yours just now. Thanks for stopping by :P
Buster
can i GD?
Gaia
grats on rank!! (´∇ノ`*)ノ
Topic Starter
Lanturn
we did it!
Zero__wind
sorry for the delay

just, impressed...
don't really know how to mod this map, just some hitsounding stuff
01:03:681 (2) - maybe normal sample instead?
02:43:168 (2) - normal sample at the reversing point as the beat shares quite the same sound with the drum at its end?
02:47:270 (2) - ^
02:57:527 (1,2) - ^
03:34:449 (4) - missing hitsounds
03:41:629 (1) - try a normal sample at reversing point for the bassdrum
04:53:424 (1) - a soft clap at end seems to fit the music better imo

plz rank this, it's pure art ☆
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Zero__wind wrote:

sorry for the delay

just, impressed...
don't really know how to mod this map, just some hitsounding stuff
01:03:681 (2) - maybe normal sample instead? oh nice. I like this.
02:43:168 (2) - normal sample at the reversing point as the beat shares quite the same sound with the drum at its end?
02:47:270 (2) - ^
02:57:527 (1,2) - ^ Yeah, you're right. Changed all four of these back to N (auto)
03:34:449 (4) - missing hitsounds oops. Added clap on tail.
03:41:629 (1) - try a normal sample at reversing point for the bassdrum I went with a whistle here since I did so at 01:39:578 (2) -
04:53:424 (1) - a soft clap at end seems to fit the music better imo yeah that works. Thanks!

plz rank this, it's pure art ☆
Thanks for the hitsound mod Zero. Fixed pretty much everything from it :)

Finishing a quick SB, and then it should be completely ready.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
And SB finished... Not bad for something quickly thrown together >_<
Monstrata
Slider Tickrate isn't 1.71... literally unrankable.

01:44:193 (2) - If you care, this is 1.19 with stacking enabled.
03:46:244 (2) - ^1.15
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Monstrata wrote:

Slider Tickrate isn't 1.71... literally unrankable.

01:44:193 (2) - If you care, this is 1.19 with stacking enabled.
03:46:244 (2) - ^1.15
Rip this map.

I did solve the stacking thing with leniency 1 thanks to you. o/

All updated now.
Zero__wind
I'd say the SB is pretty nice!
just maybe we should enable the epilepsy warning for it as the intro animation can be kinda flahsy

nothing else to complain about
call me when you're ready
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Will do after work then. Thanks Zero!

and updated!
Zero__wind
Good
Bubble #1
Ashton
this map is just a bunch of abstract shapes thrown together with copy paste missing a lot of important beats, you are literaly just mapping the basic 1/1 when there are a lot more beats that could have been mapped. Seeing this is CS 7, i'm guessing your meaning this to be played by not beginners, so there's no need in missing a bunch of beat. Your coming up wiith random abstract shapes and copy pasting them, for an easy rank. Yes, some shapes actually look interesting and cool, but other times the slider shapes look awkward like 00:23:681 (1,2,3,4) - these ones. There's really no reason for them to be shaped like that, considering your previous abstract shapes were symmetrical. I like the concept of the map, but you can certainly make the rhythm more dense, and well, make it less boring. right now it's literally just cool abstracted slider shapes with honestly most of the time they are super undermapped or completely ignoring the song.

00:29:322 - here there's a pretty distinctive beat here, along with 00:31:373 - 00:45:732 - 00:47:783 - this list can go on and one

tldr; map isn't made for beginners, because cs7 and beginners/noobies don't play and cant play cs7 properly, which means you shouldn't keep rhythm simple - your missing a ton of beats, pretty much, 01:17:014 (1,2) - if you look at this pattern, your missing beats 01:17:527 - here (which is pretty loud) 01:19:578 01:19:578 - and here, this happens through your whole map, also, 01:17:014 - this is clickable while 01:18:552 - this isn't?? 01:18:552 - this note is way more intense then the actual clickable one, so this should be clickable. And as pointed out before, you miss the beats completely 01:17:527 - here.

your map should look like 03:31:372 (1,2,3,4) - this, not 03:29:321 (3) - this. Not a bunch of sliderart spam.

keep in mind this happens through your whole map
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Canadian Baka wrote:

this map is just a bunch of abstract shapes thrown together with copy paste missing a lot of important beats, you are literaly just mapping the basic 1/1 when there are a lot more beats that could have been mapped. Seeing this is CS 7, i'm guessing your meaning this to be played by not beginners, so there's no need in missing a bunch of beat. Your coming up wiith random abstract shapes and copy pasting them, for an easy rank. Yes, some shapes actually look interesting and cool, but other times the slider shapes look awkward like 00:23:681 (1,2,3,4) - these ones. There's really no reason for them to be shaped like that, considering your previous abstract shapes were symmetrical. I like the concept of the map, but you can certainly make the rhythm more dense, and well, make it less boring. right now it's literally just cool abstracted slider shapes with honestly most of the time they are super undermapped or completely ignoring the song.

First off, I mentioned this earlier, but this map doesn't follow any sort of difficulty level using the current system. It does however, have a consistent difficulty of whatever it is. Meaning if you can play part of this map, you should be able to play the whole thing. Which ironically isn't what most maps do these days. They'll usually have one part with a super high spike of difficulty for the free PPs lol. If I was to go by difficulty on this set. The rhythm would be at the Easy level, the note placement on the map would be in the Easy/Normal range, and the CS is not actually in the ruleset believe it or not, though it would probably be recommended for hard or above if it was. The nice thing about single diff / marathon sets is that it doesn't need to be a specific difficulty (Easy/Normal/Hard etc) since there isn't another map in the set to create a spread, so I'm free to create my own piece as long as it's consistent enough.

About 00:23:681 (1,2,3,4) - These are tbh one of the more interesting shapes in the map. The little hook they have and how it shoots them off into the next slider is pretty fun to play. I know you were just giving an example, but there's a reason to that one at the very least ;)

00:29:322 - here there's a pretty distinctive beat here, along with 00:31:373 - 00:45:732 - 00:47:783 - this list can go on and one

About 00:29:322 - and the rest there. This uses the vocals to emphasize them. At the start the vocals feel more active so it warrants a stronger beat. when it gets to the 2/1 sliders, the vocals feel a bit more calm and held a longer, and the reverse slider afterwards uses the red nodes to bounce the vocals on its return while still maintaining a rhythm that gets calmer each time

tldr; map isn't made for beginners, because cs7 and beginners/noobies don't play and cant play cs7 properly, which means you shouldn't keep rhythm simple - your missing a ton of beats, pretty much, 01:17:014 (1,2) - if you look at this pattern, your missing beats 01:17:527 - here (which is pretty loud) 01:19:578 01:19:578 - and here, this happens through your whole map, also, 01:17:014 - this is clickable while 01:18:552 - this isn't?? 01:18:552 - this note is way more intense then the actual clickable one, so this should be clickable. And as pointed out before, you miss the beats completely 01:17:527 - here.

your map should look like 03:31:372 (1,2,3,4) - this, not 03:29:321 (3) - this. Not a bunch of sliderart spam.

Actually the 3:31 here is the runt of the litter as it should have matched the other three if I was going to make it consistent. Aside this though, the longer sliders are actually used in opposite of what you think they should be. Instead of mapping to the fast 1/2 vocals through 1/1 sliders or yikes, 1/2 sliders, the slider ticks do the job here. obviously this won't convince you, so another reason is the synth thingy playing in the background which are long held sounds. Add the 'feeling' I got when I was making this map (before I made changes with the gimmick) and this is how I believe it should be played. For the dominant note / clickable note thing. Sure I could go that way, but why can't it be the way I put it. The above has some fairly decent explanations why I did so as well.

keep in mind this happens through your whole map
I made this map with a gimmick in mind (though the gimmick came about halfway into making this lol), so there are a few inconsistencies. However, these inconsistencies are not so huge that they would affect the quality of the map to make or break them. Since this is a slider heavy map, I went and used a bit of variety throughout the whole thing. one could say that the variety of the sliders will actually make sliders somewhat difficult to play in conjunction with the High CS.

Thanks for the opinions on the map. Hopefully this answers mostly everything :?
Ashton
Tbh the only effort I see you put into this map is sliders and copy pasting, good job on rank tho (it all seems very lazy) mostly because you undermap a lot of parts. Keep in mind even easies in normal mapsets have a more complex rhythm
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Using symmetry is a pretty common mapping technique. There are plenty of excellent mappers who make their whole maps by doing so. Gero is one of my favorite mappers because of how well he executes his symmetry mapping.

The only one who knows how much effort I put into this is myself. The most I can give you is an idea of it if you're interested.

I try to keep symmetry while maintaining a perfect 1.17 DS outside of the few stacked notes, adjusting rhythms, and then having to remap/move a bunch to fit the symmetry back in to get that 1.71 SR, 777 combo, and 171 notes. Quite a few sliders also took 5-10 mins to get perfectly because of this at some points, especially when I had to go back and readjust some while still attempting to keep symmetry. Basically this means symmetry was used as an additional challenge, not used to be lazy lol. I could have made this map 10x faster if I just mapped randomly since it would be simple adjustments to keep 1.17 DS. Fixing one problem chains into the next 20-30 notes that need to be fixed.

I also went and added an optional storyboard which actually took me a good few hours to finish.. and some because I forgot to save after like 30 minutes of work lol.

As I mentioned earlier, the difficulty level wasn't the main focus of the map. Even if some parts feel undermapped, there are reasons and it does them consistently enough. I don't really have anything else to say about it.

This map for me was more of a challenge to map than a generic insane difficulty to be honest. I'm not expecting the majority of people to actually figure out or appreciate the stuff I did in this, but if a few people do, (this stuff would apply more towards mappers) then I'm perfectly happy.

I dunno. I'm not trying to convince you or anything, but I wanted to at least point out that I did actually put effort into this map, and I'm not aiming for some easy rank because of this. Also, I'm pretty sure more people will actually come in saying the same thing as you, so I might as well post this early to avoid headaches later on.

Typing at 5am in the morning doesn't really help either. Anyways, hopefully this provides a little more insight into what I did with the map :?
Ashton
I have nothing against the map lol

It's a cool mapping style, but honestly one I personally as a player don't find very appealing or fun... others probably will tho

good job
Monstrata
We fixed some minor visuals. This is art.

Bubble #2. Well done!
Topic Starter
Lanturn
thanks Monstrata :D
Gordon123
good luck owo
show more