forum

The Flashbulb - Hymn To The Unobtainable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mismagius
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on sábado, 3 de março de 2018 at 03:28:21

Artist: The Flashbulb
Title: Hymn To The Unobtainable
Tags: nothing is real ambient benn jordan idm experimental yellowmanul
BPM: 142
Filesize: 6308kb
Play Time: 02:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,58 stars, 169 notes)
  2. Insane (4,54 stars, 662 notes)
  3. Light Insane (3,82 stars, 565 notes)
  4. Manul's Hard (3,04 stars, 424 notes)
  5. Normal (1,95 stars, 274 notes)
Download: The Flashbulb - Hymn To The Unobtainable
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Nothing Is Real (2014)
Track 1 - Track 2
Dawns
cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7cs5.7
YellowManul
man it's good
Sad Cum
Man I really liked this one. I have never seen anything quite like it. In addition I feel like you really managed to pour a bit of yourself into the map.
Also it reminded me to finally listen to 'Nothing is Real', big thank.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Thank you so much for that comment! It really means a lot :D
Please do, by the way. It's probably one of the best albums I've ever heard.
DeletedUser_4329079
Great map, I love The Flashbulb
Hollow Delta
You asked for test plays / feedback, and I'm bored, so might as well do something productive.

I thought the patterns with the sliders were spot on. They looked really nice and played very well relative to the song. Great rhythm choices too, you added variation while still making sense. Every combo felt like something new.
It felt awkward without the hit sounds, but I'm aware you didn't apply that yet, so that criticism doesn't count.
Besides that, my one negative criticism is the jumps weren't structured very well. The streams and the sliders looked beautiful, but the jumps stuck out to me. It wasn't because they were hard, it's just the angle didn't fit in with the rest of the map. Maybe for the jumps you could go for a harder pattern instead of a wider one.

Edit: You asked for specific jumps. 00:26:173 (3) - 00:30:187 (2) - 01:00:821 (7,8) -

Overall, I thought it was a well-structured, fun map. I wish you the best of luck.
Izzywing
Super cool song.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7057975 <-- sightread

Had a lot of fun with this. Played it a couple more times after the sightread as well, although I didn't really improve between runs lol.

Something that's part of my playstyle is that whenever I see stream-jumps I single tap those two notes (then continue alternating from there) and this bpm feels perfect for that, so those parts were a lot of fun.

This map is a bit out of my comfort zone in general as you can tell by my terrible accuracy. I struggled the most of the 1/8 kick sliders that were the part of the streams (not really sure why I was missing so much on those), in generally I could read the map fine, just couldn't actually perform it.

Big fan of this. If I suck at a map but it's still a lot of fun, that's a good sign.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Bubblun wrote:

You asked for test plays / feedback, and I'm bored, so might as well do something productive.

I thought the patterns with the sliders were spot on. They looked really nice and played very well relative to the song. Great rhythm choices too, you added variation while still making sense. Every combo felt like something new. Thank you! This was one of my biggest intentions with the map - recreating the ways that the song makes a variation on the drums on each measure, be it on intensity, drum pattern, or just general rhythm.
It felt awkward without the hit sounds, but I'm aware you didn't apply that yet, so that criticism doesn't count. Yeah, this is probably gonna take a while because I'm looking for some high quality drum hitsounding, and I'm not sure if osu! drumset does that well enough
Besides that, my one negative criticism is the jumps weren't structured very well. The streams and the sliders looked beautiful, but the jumps stuck out to me. It wasn't because they were hard, it's just the angle didn't fit in with the rest of the map. Maybe for the jumps you could go for a harder pattern instead of a wider one. Hm... It may be because I wanted them to flow in certain ways so they actually fit with the song while giving a challenge and creating bigger patterns. I'm not too good at the technical stuff, so atm I can't really see ways to make them shorter while being harder and still following the song >: Will take a look at them though and definitely keep an eye.

Edit: You asked for specific jumps. 00:26:173 (3) - 00:30:187 (2) - 01:00:821 (7,8) -

Overall, I thought it was a well-structured, fun map. I wish you the best of luck.

Hobbes2 wrote:

Super cool song.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7057975 <-- sightread

Had a lot of fun with this. Played it a couple more times after the sightread as well, although I didn't really improve between runs lol. Nice! One of the things I really want to do in my maps is to give them a replay factor, making the player want to play the map again after the first time, not just play once and then throw it away. Good to know I managed to do that with at least one person!

Something that's part of my playstyle is that whenever I see stream-jumps I single tap those two notes (then continue alternating from there) and this bpm feels perfect for that, so those parts were a lot of fun.

This map is a bit out of my comfort zone in general as you can tell by my terrible accuracy. I struggled the most of the 1/8 kick sliders that were the part of the streams (not really sure why I was missing so much on those), in generally I could read the map fine, just couldn't actually perform it.
Big fan of this. If I suck at a map but it's still a lot of fun, that's a good sign.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Really happy to hear about this and looking to improve the map as much as possible.
Irreversible
Really well mapped. I rarely see maps where different spacings within one stream play good, but this was honestly a surprise. Sometimes it felt slightly offputting though ( 00:30:399 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - for example, I was moving too fast and then got interrupted by the slower spacing) and there were some other minor issues, but I think once you want to push this forward, definitely call me for a mod.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Irreversible wrote:

Really well mapped. I rarely see maps where different spacings within one stream play good, but this was honestly a surprise. Sometimes it felt slightly offputting though ( 00:30:399 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - for example, I was moving too fast and then got interrupted by the slower spacing) and there were some other minor issues, but I think once you want to push this forward, definitely call me for a mod.
Thanks a lot! Places like the one you mentioned and stuff like 01:35:892 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - still feel like they could be improved IMO, so I'm looking around to see what I can do with these.

I'll definitely call you when this is finished! Good to know you enjoyed it :D
wa_
Hey, m4m from BR queue!

I hope every suggestion is clear. It's 4:30 AM and I spent about 3,5 hours on modding this and I found only rather minor things...

[General]
  1. It seems HP drain distribution throughout the mapset could be improved, Normal's HP is higher than Hard's. I suggest 4 for Normal, 5 for Hard and 6 for Insane.
[Easy]

• This diff doesn't need any improvements, everything seems clearly easy to read. Maybe it can be considered as repetitive (imho you overused combo pattern consisting of 2/1 and 1/1 sliders) but at least you provided nice slider shapes and placement ideas.
[Normal]
  1. 01:56:173 (2) - Add a new combo.
  2. 02:43:920 (2,3) - Possibly try to make these circles parallel to 02:42:652 (1)?

That's what I found in this difficulty, it's just like Easy but you're allowed to do some more interesting things...
[Hard]
  1. I don't really get some new combo usage, sometimes you spam NCs on every short slider in a measure, sometimes you don't.
  2. In addition to NCs, shouldn't the last part (starting from 02:42:652 (1)) have new combos every measure just like it was made in other difficulties?
  3. 00:34:413 (3) - Try to increase spacing between this circle and 00:34:624 (4), now it's kinda confusing since lower spacing may suggest 1/4 between these objects.
  4. 01:16:032 (1) - There's a lack of drum emphasizement, the sound at 01:16:455 really deserves to be clickable and you tend to map (almost) every drum sound. Try to replace it with 3/4 slider + circle, it shouldn't be too hard to change.
  5. 01:48:990 (1,1,1) - This is actually very hard to sightread, players probably won't know how long are these sliders even with approach circles especially with the second slider which starts at yellow tick. Is this even allowed for Hard difficulty? You should rearrange this pattern :p
  6. 02:47:723 (5) - Use the same shape as in 02:44:765 (1,2,4)?

Despite fact I'm getting random 100s from missing sliderends, It's a very solid Hard difficulty, good job!
[Insane]
  1. 00:32:511 (3,4,5) - Hm, I'm getting confusing while playing this circle/pattern, I'm always thinking this is placed at red tick after 1/2 slider; consider making spacing equal for this pattern.
  2. 01:26:596 (1) - Add a new combo, the crash sound is worth of additional emphasizing. Also, you put NCs consistently on every measure of the song or even more densely, so why it shouldn't have a NC?
  3. 01:57:335 (5) - This circle isn't stacked to anything in the song, it shouldn't be clickable. Consider removing this object + moving the next slider up to keep consistent spacing.
  4. 02:08:849 (1,2,3,4,5) - I feel this four has completely overdone spacing compared to actual drums which are barely audible. There's probably no sound at 02:09:166 (2) which is the cause. I suggest to remove that circle so this pattern would be separated into slider and triple.

As people before said, all these 1/4 notes with changing speed are playing so smoothly and nice even if I don't really like any kind of streamjumps. I very like the concept of increasing spacing (like at 00:20:152 (3,4)), this is how variable spacing at streams should be done – I was surprised I had no big problems with these streams. Yeah, it's hard to SS but full combo shouldn't be too hard ;) And I have to say – I am so impressed with aesthetics you implemented into this mapset (not only this diff)!
This map deserves a star! ミ☆
Topic Starter
Mismagius

wa_ wrote:

Hey, m4m from BR queue!

I hope every suggestion is clear. It's 4:30 AM and I spent about 3,5 hours on modding this and I found only rather minor things...

[General]
  1. It seems HP drain distribution throughout the mapset could be improved, Normal's HP is higher than Hard's. I suggest 4 for Normal, 5 for Hard and 6 for Insane. applied for my diffs
[Easy]

• This diff doesn't need any improvements, everything seems clearly easy to read. Maybe it can be considered as repetitive (imho you overused combo pattern consisting of 2/1 and 1/1 sliders) but at least you provided nice slider shapes and placement ideas. yeah, it ended up being a bit too repetitive imo. sadly
    can't do much considering the song is really complex & most of the good/varying rhythms are 1/4
[Normal]
  1. 01:56:173 (2) - Add a new combo. done
  2. 02:43:920 (2,3) - Possibly try to make these circles parallel to 02:42:652 (1)? done

That's what I found in this difficulty, it's just like Easy but you're allowed to do some more interesting things...
[Insane]
  1. 00:32:511 (3,4,5) - Hm, I'm getting confusing while playing this circle/pattern, I'm always thinking this is placed at red tick after 1/2 slider; consider making spacing equal for this pattern. idk how to fix it because this spacing was used all the time in the diff, moved them a bit closer i guess
  2. 01:26:596 (1) - Add a new combo, the crash sound is worth of additional emphasizing. Also, you put NCs consistently on every measure of the song or even more densely, so why it shouldn't have a NC? oops, fixed
  3. 01:57:335 (5) - This circle isn't stacked to anything in the song, it shouldn't be clickable. Consider removing this object + moving the next slider up to keep consistent spacing. fixed
  4. 02:08:849 (1,2,3,4,5) - I feel this four has completely overdone spacing compared to actual drums which are barely audible. There's probably no sound at 02:09:166 (2) which is the cause. I suggest to remove that circle so this pattern would be separated into slider and triple. done

As people before said, all these 1/4 notes with changing speed are playing so smoothly and nice even if I don't really like any kind of streamjumps. I very like the concept of increasing spacing (like at 00:20:152 (3,4)), this is how variable spacing at streams should be done – I was surprised I had no big problems with these streams. Yeah, it's hard to SS but full combo shouldn't be too hard ;) And I have to say – I am so impressed with aesthetics you implemented into this mapset (not only this diff)!
This map deserves a star! ミ☆
Thanks a lot for the help, applied everything!
Phos-
Hey, m4m as requested

[Easy]
  1. 00:38:004 (1) - I don't really like the look of this slider as I think it goes against the style you have going in this map. You could curve the half of the slider so it looks like this, which gives a much better impression to the player.
  2. 01:41:385 (1) - This slider ends 1/4 early, which is bad because it can easily throw players off - especially newer players. I'm not sure whether or not this was intentional, but if even if you're doing it to emphasise the sound on this 1/4 note, then I'd disagree because newer players will find it much easier to stick to the drum sounds you've been mapping to.
  3. 01:59:554 (2,1) - Like my first suggestion, I think these sliders are out of place, they seem a bit bland as well. Maybe it would look nicer if you added some anchor points to them, like this for example.
  4. 02:40:539 (1,1) - Perhaps you could rearrange these notes to form a blanket; it'd look nicer that way.
[Normal]
  1. 00:45:399 (3,4) - I would change the rhythm on these two sliders. (3) has the active note on a red tick, whilst (4) has the active note on a white tick, which can be confusing for the average normal player.
  2. 01:54:061 (1) - This slider is a bit too long. It's the only slider of its length in the map, and it's on a relatively intense section of the song, which is bad since the player won't have much to do. I'd break this slider up into some other rhythms.
  3. 02:42:652 (1) - I'd curve this slider as well. It's inconsistent because it's the only straight slider in this slow section which is following the high pitched bells.
[Manul's Hard]
  1. Hmm. Generally speaking, I really dislike your usage of repeater sliders here. Take 00:49:624 (1,1,1) - for example. During a players first attempt, they're very likely to break here due to there being no indication of the rhythm asides from an approach circle. This happens a lot of times throughout the map, and I doubt that the average hard player will be able to react to these notes properly. Overall, the whole concept of repeater sliders in this difficulty is one that I'm not sure about.
  2. 00:26:596 (4,5,1) - You could make (1) straight as well so that it's consistent with the previous two sliders, enhancing the pattern's structure.
  3. 00:35:469 (6,2) - I'd get rid of this overlap to improve aesthetics here.
  4. 01:15:399 (1,1) - This pattern looks very confusing and out of place, it's the only set of sliders in the difficulty that really look like this, and players might have trouble reading it.
  5. 01:17:723 (5,1) - You could blanket these two notes as well to improve general aesthetic.
  6. 01:34:624 (5,1) - You could ctrl+g (1) for a smooth zig-zag pattern, which I think will flow well.
  7. 01:36:737 (2) - This slider ends on a relatively powerful beat. To emphasise it, I would delete this slider and have 01:36:314 (1) - do one more repeat. Then, you can place a circle on the red tick where this slider used to end. Like this.
  8. 02:23:638 (1,2) - The way (2) starts on a blue tick can be pretty hard to read. You can alleviate this problem by having 02:23:638 (1) - become a 1/2 slider, as the rhythm will be much more predictable that way.
[Insane]
  1. 01:54:061 (1) - This slider overlaps with the hp bar on the default skin, which looks crude and can cause readability issues. It just doesn't look nice, so I would change this slider a bit.
  2. 01:57:863 (2) - I'd add an extra repeat onto this slider so it represents the music better, since I can clearly hear another 1/8 happening here. It'll play better as well, since the player won't have to cursor idle on 01:58:180 (3) - waiting to hit it. (or worse; misread the note and hit it early because they expected the repeat slider to end later.)
Overall, this was a very well mapped set. The structure is good, and the aesthetics go well with the song and are consistent throughout. My only concern with this would be the readability of the sliders on Manul's Hard difficulty. That being said, I wish you good luck with this ~
fieryrage
im bored

diff top
  • 00:18:568 (6,1) - would be pretty cool if you could somehow blanket these two
    00:24:483 (7) - wouldn't it be better to just keep the sort of cut stream that you introduced 00:20:258 (4) - here throughout the map? idk just feels weird having it on some instances and not on others when the rhythm is essentially the same
    00:33:356 (1,2) - i can understand the first slider but i dont think the second one is 1/8
    00:40:117 (1,3) - kind of an ugly overlap, maybe move it right a bit more?
    00:52:159 (8,9,10) - Hey Please Make This Symmetrical Triangle??
    00:59:131 (1,2) - spacing here is kinda big for what it's supposed to represent imo
    01:05:258 (9,10,1) - cool blanket but its pretty bad for playability imo, even doing something like this would help a lot
    01:09:694 (1,2) - move sliderend of 2 up a bit cuz its triggering me
    01:14:976 (5,6) - not rly a huge fan of introducing this sort of pattern this late into the song tbh
    01:15:399 (1,2) - wher the claps at like the rest of these
    01:26:596 (1,3) - idk if you were trying to blanket these but if u were this is off
    01:32:300 (1,2) - make the sliders point the same direction, needlessly confusing imo (also the stream after it is kinda spaced out for no reason)
    01:40:751 (1) - nc not necessary here
    01:49:201 (1) - move nc 01:49:413 (2) - here instead
    01:51:103 (1,2) - these two notes have more emphasis, maybe move 01:51:314 (3) - this or space out the triple cuz rn it feels kinda weird having these the same emphasis
    01:53:638 (8,9,10) - bro what
    02:01:666 (1) - remove nc (altho i think you did this because of the finishes)
    02:09:694 (5,6,1,2,3) - kind of a drastic spacing change compared to the rest of the map, there's no real 1/4 jumps besides the two pointed out; the 5-6-1 is fine but 1-2-3 is pretty noticeable, idk i'd personally nerf it
    02:15:187 (1) - feels like the 1/8 note is on the blue tick instead of the white tick here
    02:16:032 (1) - y are the hitsounds like 0% here
    02:23:110 (4) - this should be 1/8 as well to keep consistency with the parts before it
    02:25:539 (4,5) - this plays soawkwARDLY tho
    02:31:138 (3,4) - maybe space this out a bit more?
yea thats all i got
i cant mod breakcore or whatever this is lul
defiance
hi m4m
[General]
  1. I personally think the easy and normal should nc on 2 downbeats, not 1. Your combos are fairly small on both diffs (especially on easy where there is usually 2 or 3 max)

[Easy]
    1. 00:24:483 (2) - i would suggest moving this a little bit down so the exit from 00:23:216 (1) - looks nicer, x:334 y:20 looks better imo
    2. 01:00:399 (2,3,1) - the overlapping here kinda seems really inconsistent on how you put the rest of your patterns, maybe try some, possibly a different object arrangement would work better for consistency?
    [Normal]
    1. 02:34:201 (1) - x:341 y:260 seems like a lot cleaner placement since the kind of "curve" through that whole pattern is a bit ehh
    [Hard]
    1. meh, i think the od is too similar to the normal, 6.5 maybe?
    2. 00:48:356 (7) - nc?
    3. 01:30:399 (5) - ctrl + g, it looks like all your 1/4 gaps
    4. 01:50:152 (1) - is the nc necessary here?
    5. 01:50:680 (1) - ^
    6. 01:53:638 (1) - ^
    7. 02:40:117 (9) - ctrl + g to put emphasis on 02:40:539 (1) -
    [Insane]
    1. I personally really dislike where the first streams are placed, maybe you could place them more in the middle because after the spinner it seems quite far. especially if you spin counterclockwise
    2. 00:28:603 (4,5,6,7) - this pattern just looks weird, 4,5 is stacked and 6,7 not makes it looks kind of ugly
    3. 00:51:525 (4,5,6,7,8) - this would be better if you would space 5 from 4 the way the rest of the stream is spaced, 0.8 vs 1.30x
    4. 00:59:976 (2) - this antiflow is quite harsh, maybe reduce the distance a bit more?
    5. 01:14:976 (5,6) - considering how all the other streams are i don't think these should be stacked, might confuse the player
very nice map good luck!
Topic Starter
Mismagius

-Faded- wrote:

Hey, m4m as requested

[Easy]
  1. 00:38:004 (1) - I don't really like the look of this slider as I think it goes against the style you have going in this map. You could curve the half of the slider so it looks like this, which gives a much better impression to the player. done
  2. 01:41:385 (1) - This slider ends 1/4 early, which is bad because it can easily throw players off - especially newer players. I'm not sure whether or not this was intentional, but if even if you're doing it to emphasise the sound on this 1/4 note, then I'd disagree because newer players will find it much easier to stick to the drum sounds you've been mapping to. there's no sound at the white tick there, but i'll have to change it since it's so inconsistent.
  3. 01:59:554 (2,1) - Like my first suggestion, I think these sliders are out of place, they seem a bit bland as well. Maybe it would look nicer if you added some anchor points to them, like this for example. won't change this one for now because i like it as it currently is, but will look into using this pattern elsewhere because it looks cool
  4. 02:40:539 (1,1) - Perhaps you could rearrange these notes to form a blanket; it'd look nicer that way. hmmm, in this case i think it's better to prioritize flow instead of blanketing
[Normal]
  1. 00:45:399 (3,4) - I would change the rhythm on these two sliders. (3) has the active note on a red tick, whilst (4) has the active note on a white tick, which can be confusing for the average normal player. while i understand this may be rhythmically not correct from an emphasis point of view, i believe it's the most intuitive option for this rhythm in a normal diff
  2. 01:54:061 (1) - This slider is a bit too long. It's the only slider of its length in the map, and it's on a relatively intense section of the song, which is bad since the player won't have much to do. I'd break this slider up into some other rhythms. this one is intentional! i used it on pretty much all diffs because i reeeeeally wanted to give emphasis to the background sound. i may change this later, but i really like how it turned out to be.
  3. 02:42:652 (1) - I'd curve this slider as well. It's inconsistent because it's the only straight slider in this slow section which is following the high pitched bells. done, also hitsounded the bell section because i forgot to

[Insane]
  1. 01:54:061 (1) - This slider overlaps with the hp bar on the default skin, which looks crude and can cause readability issues. It just doesn't look nice, so I would change this slider a bit. eh, it's pretty much a 5px overlap at most, & most people use custom skins nowadays. i'm really against changing hp overlaps because of that
  2. 01:57:863 (2) - I'd add an extra repeat onto this slider so it represents the music better, since I can clearly hear another 1/8 happening here. It'll play better as well, since the player won't have to cursor idle on 01:58:180 (3) - waiting to hit it. (or worse; misread the note and hit it early because they expected the repeat slider to end later.) this is pretty much a matter of slider leniency - with a shorter time between (2) and (3), it becomes extremely hard to not 100 on the repeat slider. this is just giving the players some leniency to hold the slider.
Overall, this was a very well mapped set. The structure is good, and the aesthetics go well with the song and are consistent throughout. My only concern with this would be the readability of the sliders on Manul's Hard difficulty. That being said, I wish you good luck with this ~
thanks a lot for the mod!

i'll check the other mods later today and get back to your maps as well, hopefully
Topic Starter
Mismagius

fieryrage wrote:

im bored

diff top
  • 00:18:568 (6,1) - would be pretty cool if you could somehow blanket these two wouldn't flow as well
    00:24:483 (7) - wouldn't it be better to just keep the sort of cut stream that you introduced 00:20:258 (4) - here throughout the map? idk just feels weird having it on some instances and not on others when the rhythm is essentially the same done
    00:33:356 (1,2) - i can understand the first slider but i dont think the second one is 1/8 it's a 5plet drumroll, not too hearable but it's there
    00:40:117 (1,3) - kind of an ugly overlap, maybe move it right a bit more? done
    00:52:159 (8,9,10) - Hey Please Make This Symmetrical Triangle?? (10) is a more intense sound than (9) so it makes sense to have it more spaced than (8,9)
    00:59:131 (1,2) - spacing here is kinda big for what it's supposed to represent imo fixed
    01:05:258 (9,10,1) - cool blanket but its pretty bad for playability imo, even doing something like this would help a lot but the point is to have a big jump from (10,1)
    01:09:694 (1,2) - move sliderend of 2 up a bit cuz its triggering me done
    01:14:976 (5,6) - not rly a huge fan of introducing this sort of pattern this late into the song tbh feels playable enough imo
    01:15:399 (1,2) - wher the claps at like the rest of these done
    01:26:596 (1,3) - idk if you were trying to blanket these but if u were this is off wasnt really trying but uhhh fixed enough to not make it too ugly
    01:32:300 (1,2) - make the sliders point the same direction, needlessly confusing imo (also the stream after it is kinda spaced out for no reason) both are intentional, it looks kinda ugly with both in the same direction and the stream needs to be emphasized enough here
    01:40:751 (1) - nc not necessary here oops
    01:49:201 (1) - move nc 01:49:413 (2) - here instead (1) currently is more intense than the next note though
    01:51:103 (1,2) - these two notes have more emphasis, maybe move 01:51:314 (3) - this or space out the triple cuz rn it feels kinda weird having these the same emphasis it's stacked because they're the same sound and also that's the best way to make it flow into the 1/4 sliderjumps later in the combo
    01:53:638 (8,9,10) - bro what plays well enough for me lol, there's a reason why i didn't want to make this a "conventional" map
    02:01:666 (1) - remove nc (altho i think you did this because of the finishes) yeah this whole section is nc spam
    02:09:694 (5,6,1,2,3) - kind of a drastic spacing change compared to the rest of the map, there's no real 1/4 jumps besides the two pointed out; the 5-6-1 is fine but 1-2-3 is pretty noticeable, idk i'd personally nerf it nerfed it a bit
    02:15:187 (1) - feels like the 1/8 note is on the blue tick instead of the white tick here fixed
    02:16:032 (1) - y are the hitsounds like 0% here following drums
    02:23:110 (4) - this should be 1/8 as well to keep consistency with the parts before it but there's no 1/8 there lol
    02:25:539 (4,5) - this plays soawkwARDLY tho huh, definitely felt right to me
    02:31:138 (3,4) - maybe space this out a bit more? done
yea thats all i got
i cant mod breakcore or whatever this is lul

osuskrub wrote:

hi m4m
[General]
  1. I personally think the easy and normal should nc on 2 downbeats, not 1. Your combos are fairly small on both diffs (especially on easy where there is usually 2 or 3 max) the problem is that there's a lot of emphasis on every measure start (usually with a strong 'finish' sound) so it's better to keep it emphasized that way

[Easy]
    1. 00:24:483 (2) - i would suggest moving this a little bit down so the exit from 00:23:216 (1) - looks nicer, x:334 y:20 looks better imo done
    2. 01:00:399 (2,3,1) - the overlapping here kinda seems really inconsistent on how you put the rest of your patterns, maybe try some, possibly a different object arrangement would work better for consistency? done
    [Normal]
    1. 02:34:201 (1) - x:341 y:260 seems like a lot cleaner placement since the kind of "curve" through that whole pattern is a bit ehh makes sense, applied
    [Insane]
    1. I personally really dislike where the first streams are placed, maybe you could place them more in the middle because after the spinner it seems quite far. especially if you spin counterclockwise cant do much about this, but tried to bring them a bit closer to the center
    2. 00:28:603 (4,5,6,7) - this pattern just looks weird, 4,5 is stacked and 6,7 not makes it looks kind of ugly what happens is that 4,5 is the exact same sound, while (6) is another one and (7) "goes back" to the same sound as 5's slider end, so that's why it does this slight back-and-forth movement
    3. 00:51:525 (4,5,6,7,8) - this would be better if you would space 5 from 4 the way the rest of the stream is spaced, 0.8 vs 1.30x nah, the intensity is different
    4. 00:59:976 (2) - this antiflow is quite harsh, maybe reduce the distance a bit more? done
    5. 01:14:976 (5,6) - considering how all the other streams are i don't think these should be stacked, might confuse the player since everyone's complaining i will consider changing it in the future
very nice map good luck!

thanks for the mods!
YellowManul
hello
wa_

wa_ wrote:

[Hard]
  1. I don't really get some new combo usage, sometimes you spam NCs on every short slider in a measure, sometimes you don't. i'm using NCs on every inconsistent short sliders o:
  2. In addition to NCs, shouldn't the last part (starting from 02:42:652 (1)) have new combos every measure just like it was made in other difficulties?
  3. 00:34:413 (3) - Try to increase spacing between this circle and 00:34:624 (4), now it's kinda confusing since lower spacing may suggest 1/4 between these objects. 1,9x is consistent spacing for 1/4 here
  4. 01:16:032 (1) - There's a lack of drum emphasizement, the sound at 01:16:455 really deserves to be clickable and you tend to map (almost) every drum sound. Try to replace it with 3/4 slider + circle, it shouldn't be too hard to change. fixed
  5. 01:48:990 (1,1,1) - This is actually very hard to sightread, players probably won't know how long are these sliders even with approach circles especially with the second slider which starts at yellow tick. Is this even allowed for Hard difficulty? You should rearrange this pattern :p fixed
  6. 02:47:723 (5) - Use the same shape as in 02:44:765 (1,2,4)? no thanks o:

Despite fact I'm getting random 100s from missing sliderends, It's a very solid Hard difficulty, good job! thanks! :)

-Faded-

-Faded- wrote:

[Manul's Hard]
  1. Hmm. Generally speaking, I really dislike your usage of repeater sliders here. Take 00:49:624 (1,1,1) - for example. During a players first attempt, they're very likely to break here due to there being no indication of the rhythm asides from an approach circle. This happens a lot of times throughout the map, and I doubt that the average hard player will be able to react to these notes properly. Overall, the whole concept of repeater sliders in this difficulty is one that I'm not sure about. not sure either but i like it anyways o; waitin for other modders talking about this
  2. 00:26:596 (4,5,1) - You could make (1) straight as well so that it's consistent with the previous two sliders, enhancing the pattern's structure. ok
  3. 00:35:469 (6,2) - I'd get rid of this overlap to improve aesthetics here. ^
  4. 01:15:399 (1,1) - This pattern looks very confusing and out of place, it's the only set of sliders in the difficulty that really look like this, and players might have trouble reading it. not agree o ^ o
  5. 01:17:723 (5,1) - You could blanket these two notes as well to improve general aesthetic. fixed
  6. 01:34:624 (5,1) - You could ctrl+g (1) for a smooth zig-zag pattern, which I think will flow well. i did this because i wanted to emphasize the sound so i'll keep it
  7. 01:36:737 (2) - This slider ends on a relatively powerful beat. To emphasise it, I would delete this slider and have 01:36:314 (1) - do one more repeat. Then, you can place a circle on the red tick where this slider used to end. Like this. sounds good, fixed
  8. 02:23:638 (1,2) - The way (2) starts on a blue tick can be pretty hard to read. You can alleviate this problem by having 02:23:638 (1) - become a 1/2 slider, as the rhythm will be much more predictable that way.
fixed

osuskrub

osuskrub wrote:

[Hard]
  1. meh, i think the od is too similar to the normal, 6.5 maybe? ok
  2. 00:48:356 (7) - nc? i explained NC politics in the first mod, so i'll keep it/b]
  3. 01:30:399 (5) - ctrl + g, it looks like all your 1/4 gaps [b]nah, i like it/b]
  4. 01:50:152 (1) - is the nc necessary here? [b]fixed
  5. 01:50:680 (1) - ^ ^
  6. 01:53:638 (1) - ^ it's necessary, yeah
  7. 02:40:117 (9) - ctrl + g to put emphasis on 02:40:539 (1) - it's ephasized enough and it flows akwardly with ctrl+g

thanks for the mod boys
will check NCs again later o:
diff
Izzywing
hi hi, big sorry for late :(

[insane]

00:22:265 (5) - what's this for? this kinda buzzing sound i hear happens all over the place and you only really map it here. Unless its to some sound I can't hear properly lol
00:25:117 (5,1) - this spacing feels awkwardly small, especially considering the usual emphasis of the downbeat finishes having this really slower movement after the stream is quite underwhelming
00:37:793 - would make a lot more sense if this is clickable imo. Consider 2 circles as opposed to a slider. also applies to the future ones if applied like 01:11:385 (6) -
00:41:596 (1,2) - not a fan of these 1/8 sliders, they dont really match the music, since 00:41:701 - is overmapped. Theres a sound on 00:41:596 - though.
00:42:018 (5) - could use some emphasis via different spacing or something along those lines
00:43:497 (6,7,8,9) - Hm...consider something like this to more accurately portray the drums - http://puu.sh/yxHWm/d0a024248c.jpg
01:14:976 (5,6,7) - not a fan since having the start of the stream's movement be on the blue tick makes it very awkward to play for most players (since theyd expect to start the movement on their dominant tapping finger). Also doesn't make sense musically since 01:15:187 (7) - should be the point of emphasis
01:33:779 (2,3,4) - maybe clean up the visual spacing
01:49:201 (1) - maybe buffer this by lowering a reverse, makes this pattern a lot friendlier
01:53:638 (8,9,10) - holy, this jump is quite big and quite sudden, i would seriously consider nerfing this because as it is, it's a big point of frustration for most players having to land this suddenly massive jump after the map having much lower 1/4 jump patterns before

Love the progression in difficulty as the song itself picks up gradually in intensity. Fun map!

[Manul]

00:24:694 (1) - buzzsliders aren't super common in hard diffs with rhythm like this, consider shortening this by one repeat to buffer it and make it easier to land. You did it 00:41:596 (1) - anyway c:
00:49:624 (1,1,1) - same for these. and 01:15:399 (1) - ...you get the idea
00:51:948 (1) - remove nc?

overall a fine map, buffer your 1/8 sliders and go over your NCs again and make sure theyre good

[normal]

raise the stack leniency so that everything isnt perfect stacking with HR (unless...thats intentional? kinda weird tho lol)

01:04:201 (2) - change to a circle to break up this 1/2 chain, its quite long for a normal
01:47:089 (3) - similarly, this note isnt necessary
01:56:173 (1,2,3) - despite maintaining DS this pattern breaks the visual spacing and it looks a bit messy because of it

Easy is ok

Spread is somewhat questionable, although it is probably fine because the hard utilizes some relatively complex 1/4 rhythms. Still, the insane has very challenging 1/4 patterns with spaced 1/4 and challenging rhythms, so the gap between the hard and the insane may post a threat to the set's rankability. I'll get some opinions.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Hobbes2 wrote:

hi hi, big sorry for late :(

[insane]

00:22:265 (5) - what's this for? this kinda buzzing sound i hear happens all over the place and you only really map it here. Unless its to some sound I can't hear properly lol huh, there's a "slight" drumroll here
00:25:117 (5,1) - this spacing feels awkwardly small, especially considering the usual emphasis of the downbeat finishes having this really slower movement after the stream is quite underwhelming fixed
00:37:793 - would make a lot more sense if this is clickable imo. Consider 2 circles as opposed to a slider. also applies to the future ones if applied like 01:11:385 (6) - talked about these ones with a bunch of mappers/players when i started mapping this, most of them preferred it like this because of how it flows better and doesn't really feel too awkward to play
00:41:596 (1,2) - not a fan of these 1/8 sliders, they dont really match the music, since 00:41:701 - is overmapped. Theres a sound on 00:41:596 - though. eh, can't say i agree. while it can be a bit overmapped, i like that it creates a more intuitive rhythm than if there was only 1/8 slider
00:42:018 (5) - could use some emphasis via different spacing or something along those lines done
00:43:497 (6,7,8,9) - Hm...consider something like this to more accurately portray the drums - http://puu.sh/yxHWm/d0a024248c.jpg i like as it is because (6) has a strong beat first and goes down to symbolize the weaker beat. (7) is the opposite since the strong beat is at the sliderend. 8 and 9 are less emphasized, so they are more tilted to be kinda-horizontal sliders.
01:14:976 (5,6,7) - not a fan since having the start of the stream's movement be on the blue tick makes it very awkward to play for most players (since theyd expect to start the movement on their dominant tapping finger). Also doesn't make sense musically since 01:15:187 (7) - should be the point of emphasis musically, it does make sense - (5,6) are basically the same sound, that's why they are stacked, and (7) is where the rhythm picks up, so there's movement. since everyone complained about this one i'll change tho..
01:33:779 (2,3,4) - maybe clean up the visual spacing if you mean the overlaps, done
01:49:201 (1) - maybe buffer this by lowering a reverse, makes this pattern a lot friendlier in this case the slider flows directly into the note and the bpm is rather low (~140 1/8) so i think it'd harm more than help in this case, not to mention the rhythm would feel incomplete
01:53:638 (8,9,10) - holy, this jump is quite big and quite sudden, i would seriously consider nerfing this because as it is, it's a big point of frustration for most players having to land this suddenly massive jump after the map having much lower 1/4 jump patterns before that's exactly the point of it, it's supposed to be the grand crescendo or whatever you call it in music. also, it feels really comfortable to me to play this, and pretty much none of the testplayers around 4-5 digits missed here (worst i've seen was an acc choke)

Love the progression in difficulty as the song itself picks up gradually in intensity. Fun map!

[Manul]

00:24:694 (1) - buzzsliders aren't super common in hard diffs with rhythm like this, consider shortening this by one repeat to buffer it and make it easier to land. You did it 00:41:596 (1) - anyway c:
00:49:624 (1,1,1) - same for these. and 01:15:399 (1) - ...you get the idea
00:51:948 (1) - remove nc?

overall a fine map, buffer your 1/8 sliders and go over your NCs again and make sure theyre good

[normal]

raise the stack leniency so that everything isnt perfect stacking with HR (unless...thats intentional? kinda weird tho lol) thats unrankable oops fixed

01:04:201 (2) - change to a circle to break up this 1/2 chain, its quite long for a normal ok
01:47:089 (3) - similarly, this note isnt necessary done
01:56:173 (1,2,3) - despite maintaining DS this pattern breaks the visual spacing and it looks a bit messy because of it fixed? i think

Easy is ok

Spread is somewhat questionable, although it is probably fine because the hard utilizes some relatively complex 1/4 rhythms. Still, the insane has very challenging 1/4 patterns with spaced 1/4 and challenging rhythms, so the gap between the hard and the insane may post a threat to the set's rankability. I'll get some opinions. x: idk if the set would work as well with another difficulty..
YellowManul
[Manul]

00:24:694 (1) - buzzsliders aren't super common in hard diffs with rhythm like this, consider shortening this by one repeat to buffer it and make it easier to land. You did it 00:41:596 (1) - anyway c: done
00:49:624 (1,1,1) - same for these. and 01:15:399 (1) - ...you get the idea ^
00:51:948 (1) - remove nc? i did nc for all non-repeatable sliders (by repeats), if someone have questions about this one in the next mode i'll probably fix it to normal state, but now let's it stay as it is owo'

thanks for the mod!

diff: http://puu.sh/yyjbb/12a2c62104.rar
show more