forum

You must wait 24 hours!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
Can we please change this rule so that it requires 24 hours between the original nominators first bubble (if popped the first bubble after the most recent pop).

I don't see why there should be additional wait time if a nominator rebubbles the map. There has already been time for other BNs to check the map and offer a differing opinion should there be one. It's just a waste of everyone's time :\
ZiRoX

Xexxar wrote:

Can we please change this rule so that it requires 24 hours between the original nominators first bubble (if popped the first bubble after the most recent pop).

I don't see why there should be additional wait time if a nominator rebubbles the map. There has already been time for other BNs to check the map and offer a differing opinion should there be one. It's just a waste of everyone's time :\
If you rebubbled, it's either because the changes were major or you didn't recheck them with the original bubbler. There's the chance the original bubbler or any other BN might not agree with those changes, so a new 24 hour span makes sense in those cases.
Monstrata
This rule is unnecessary too imo. BN's are already hard enough to come by, 95% of the time you'll never even have to follow this rule because getting two icons in under 24 hours isn't feasible unless you're a popular mapper or a BN yourself.

On top of that, getting a random mod from a 3rd BN in between those 24 hours (basically a BN who checks bubbled maps of their own volition) is even rarer. I'm pretty sure people who bubble-pop in order to delay the process either stalked the mapset beforehand (raises the question why they didn't post their concerns earlier?), have a grudge against the mapper (which only promotes toxic BN behavior), or want to look smart / want to reject another BN's opinion.

This rule is good, however, in at least delaying speed-ranking a bit, and forcing mappers and BN's to take time and not rush a mapset.

It's still mostly unnecessary, so I'd support removing or amending the rule.
Karen
i agree with mr monstrata
Aurele
The rule itself is a good idea to slow down the process and to prevent speed-ranking. However, waiting another 24 hours after a rebubble shouldn't be an issue because another BN already had an intervention on the map and the modding process of the map.

The rule should only apply on the first original nominator.

(and I'm also seconding Monstrata)
Nozhomi
Totally agree with Gabe here. I second that.