forum

Rate the Mapping Technique - Cross Triangle Jumps

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
23.68%
28.95%
26.32%
14.47%
1 - Hate them!
6.58%
Total votes: 76
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Cross Triangle Jumps

Cross screen jumps that are based with triangles.

Example: Tojo Nozomi (CV.Kusuda Aina) - Love Live! NOZOMI Mix Songs Compilation [Spiritual Amethyst] 07:18:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1)

Topic Starter
Sonnyc
This is one of the jumping techniques that I like since it has got an organized form. Also it feels nice in play-wise since the flow is balanced enough. Sometimes these seem to be used as some PP jumps.

If the naming wasn't nice enough, recommendations are appreciated.
riffy
An interesting approach to very common jump pattern, works well when fits with the music being mapped. This, however, does not happen too often.
chainpullz
Too reminiscent of hexagrids. Upsets my stomach just looking at it. :? :? :?

Another thing to note is the flow is more or less along the same axis across the entire jump set which can be a bit limitting. Jump sets that change the axis of motion (or direction in the case of rotational flow) after 4 beats tend to be better in most situations due to how music tends to be structured since the feel you get from the directional change can emphasize the next strong beat without a need for changes in spacing.
WingSilent
Looks fine, but painful to play, especially when they have a larger spacing.
Bara-
Back and forth jumps are always nice, and seeing as both parts are in a triangle, it also makes it aesthetically pleasing
Didn't Fort also use this in his Gameover map?
N0thingSpecial

chainpullz wrote:

Too reminiscent of hexagrids. Upsets my stomach just looking at it. :? :? :?

Another thing to note is the flow is more or less along the same axis across the entire jump set which can be a bit limitting. Jump sets that change the axis of motion (or direction in the case of rotational flow) after 4 beats tend to be better in most situations due to how music tends to be structured since the feel you get from the directional change can emphasize the next strong beat without a need for changes in spacing.
I find this pattern very fitting in repetitive part of the songs like in dnb
Pachiru
That seems pretty hard to read, but tbh it's nice to watch >w<
Topic Starter
Sonnyc

Pachiru wrote:

Maybe it's because I've lowered the ar temporarily so the pattern could get visible at one screenshot.
Pachiru

Sonnyc wrote:

Pachiru wrote:

Maybe it's because I've lowered the ar temporarily so the pattern could get visible at one screenshot.
i didn't noticed that sorry, i'm kinda baka