forum

Keeping your grip?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spagett
I use grip tape on my tablet pen (I have a Wacom Bamboo, really great!), and sometimes I still find my fingers slipping on jumps on 7* and 8* maps, so I'm wondering the pro's and con's of how you guys hold it to possibly improve my own grip as well as to provide insight for others.
gooder101
Mayby you should get used to 6* maps jumps before going into 7 and 8* your aim won't look good as long as jumps are too fast for you.
Or just keep on doing what you do and it might work out on It's own at some point.
Cheers.
Jukkii
here's a tip. don't play 7* and 8*. youre like 26k or so you cant really "play" 7-8* maps.
passing a map like airman does not count as being able to play 7*. play from 5* to maybe some 6* at most for now. and dont retry spam too much. with those youll be able to build consistency and you wont lose your grip as much. (consistency is basically being able to keep prolonged concentration or the opposite for a long time and being able to play for a long period of time without changing hand positions and not losing grip.)
Topic Starter
Spagett

gooder101 wrote:

Mayby you should get used to 6* maps jumps before going into 7 and 8* your aim won't look good as long as jumps are too fast for you.
Or just keep on doing what you do and it might work out on It's own at some point.
Cheers.

-Jukke- wrote:

here's a tip. don't play 7* and 8*. youre like 26k or so you cant really "play" 7-8* maps.
passing a map like airman does not count as being able to play 7*. play from 5* to maybe some 6* at most for now. and dont retry spam too much. with those youll be able to build consistency and you wont lose your grip as much. (consistency is basically being able to keep prolonged concentration or the opposite for a long time and being able to play for a long period of time without changing hand positions and not losing grip.)
I appreciate both of your responses, but what you've told me so far is "Don't play hard maps." But the question I asked was "How do I hold a tablet pen?". I know my skill, and I can assure I'm not limited to only airman. I've played and passed numerous maps. However, I'm not here to debate my qualifications, I just want to know how to hold a pen so I don't slip.
Jukkii
Did you read what i wrote about consistency? When you build up consistency you will find a way to hold your pen so it wont slip, u had the same problema and i fixed it. Become consistent and go for FCs, not passes
Just do that and it will be solved. You already use tape so there is really l easy fix that works like magic and makes your pem not slip.
Good luck
repr1se
One hand is better at gripping than the other. Use that hand to grip.

you know what i'm talking about
Topic Starter
Spagett

-Jukke- wrote:

Become consistent and go for FCs, not passes
I just want to know how to hold the pen. I appreciate the supplementary information, and I surely will listen to what you're saying, but unless you have advice on only holding the pen, then I'll have to ask you to message my inbox with more of your advice. It's valuable and I'm more than happy to listen, but this thread should be for information pertinent to holding the pen.

But seriously, message more of your advice to me.