forum

[resolved] Osu! lag spikes

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kao
See if changing frame limiter helps in reducing dropped frames,
Is your current resolution native to your monitor?
Topic Starter
Vastii
Nothing changed with frame limiter
Yes, native
Kao
Try running in compatibility mode and see if you notice any changes in performance
Does the spike happen in beatmaps with videos, or storyboards? Try playing another beatmap if this is the case, or disable the SB/video
Try disabling shaders if it's enabled

Does the problem persist in osu! Latest version?
Topic Starter
Vastii
Compatibility mode make game little like laggy and game still lag spikes but little less ammount of them
Osu! Cutting Edge - Latest version, I tried other versions but same like on cutting edge
Shaders and everything what can lag game is disabled
Kao
Make sure your drivers are updated and at the latest version
Enabling/Disabling enhancements in your driver settings might help
Topic Starter
Vastii
Drivers installed yesterday, it's up to date
Everything in control panel is set to performance not image quality
Kao
Is osu! Set to run with Integrated graphics? Try changing it to run with your GPU, or the other way around
Topic Starter
Vastii
Integrated graphics is disabled in Device Manager, only main GPU is active
Kao
Could you provide a screenshot of your task manger while in processes tab?
Make sure "show all processes" is checked
Topic Starter
Vastii
Kao
The bottommost process has a CPU usage of 98%, if I am seeing this correctly,
Most common causes of this are viruses, try scanning your PC for any malware or virus

Also, see if the Handle of this process is high (right click the columns, add coulmns and select "Handles")
Topic Starter
Vastii
It's process what say's how much % of cpu is free to use, explaining i had 2% cpu used at taking screenshot moment ;p
Kao
Have you recently installed osu in a new drive? This might seem like a last resort, but try fixing osu
Hold shift and open osu! And try to make changes
By chance, if osu! Is installed in a flash drive, install it on your local drive
Topic Starter
Vastii
Nope, I installed osu like always after format
Kao
This might be a long shot, try enabling Windows Aero just too see if this would affect the performance.
Does the spike happen more often? Does it happen more on SB load heavy beatmaps or with videos?
Does the spike happen whenever you play only or does it also happen in the menu, or anywhere else?
Topic Starter
Vastii
Nothing
Didn't noticed difference with aero on/off, I deleted all videos from maps, SB are off
Only in game, menu and rest are free from lag spikes
Kao
Have you tried making the game resolution lower?
Try switching to a lower one, see if this helps

Have you recently changed anything in the nvdia control panel?
Try changing it to quality or balanced mode

I still don't think the lag happens because of a lack in resources, something must be in conflict in your gameplay
Try installing osu! In another location and see if the lag is gone

Also, try temporarily disabling your tablet drivers if they might be the cause of the lag

Update your directx, sometimes the cause of common errors.

Try running osu with the GPU or without, (right click osu, "Run with graphics processor")

If you have any power usage program that modifies how much performance is used make sure it is enough for osu! To run correctly
Topic Starter
Vastii
Tried lower res. before posting here, it's not working but game was working at 1920x1080 at 10 perfectly, I don't see reason where should be conflict here.
Only threaded optimization (off) and other **** to most performance.
How to play without tablet driver ? *.*
DirectX is up to date
I Dont have programs like that, that idea with running with gpu doesn't make a difference still lag spikes.
It's annoying because it's totally random, it can lag 2 times in tv size or let me play something long like 15 min...
Kao
Have you enabled threaded optimization? Did it cause problems?
It should be on by default
Topic Starter
Vastii
Disabled because i saw somewhere on forum it can help but nothing :x
But if it's off lags are less
Kao
Looks like I couldn't solve your problem
go to this thread and report your problem following the instructions in the OP, or access the osu!public Slack and report your problem in the #cuttingedge channel for real time help for your problem
Not used much anymore
Topic Starter
Vastii
#Resolved
Installing Windows 10 resolved my problem, idk what could be a cause of lags on Windows 7....
Kao
Could it just be just your drivers acting up?
I can't say for sure

My laptop has Home Premium and had a lot of problems, not only in osu! But the os itself
Not sure if it's going to help but Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 2 is better IMO
Topic Starter
Vastii
Don't think so, I installed only graphic driver and run Osu, same when I do on 7 was lagging here nothing. Version of drivers are some for both systems
Kao
Turning on compatibility mode would disable directx and rely on your cpu rather than gpu (not pretty sure)
This might've be the cause in less lag and spikes
That's what I can think of
Topic Starter
Vastii
Compatibility mode just was making me laggy like on 40 fps, idk what could be reason of lags on Windows 7, mby that was just system fault on my pc configuration :(
Kao
Many users have reported that theirs went to specifically 40 fps as well, and what made it fix was installing windows 10, lots of them being going to from 10 to 7, then they were forced to go back
I'm just saying that it's really odd, I think it has to do with drivers, or something really common

Going to fetch said threads
Threads with ~40 fps
  1. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/516235
  2. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/510220
  3. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/508278
Threads that installing to windows 10 fixed it for them
... can't find them

OT: This is pretty hectic