forum

[Archived] tablet input lag with dual monitor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-glug-
Problem Details: Ever since i bought a new monitor, ive been having alot of input lag on the second monitor, ive tried

Using fixmypen.exe
Use fullscreen
Set framerate to unlimited
plugged into another usb port
Reinstalled windows
Reinstalled osu!
used windowed
used letterboxing
disabled TabletOS
had a clean installation of the Wacom Drivers.

Im am using a CTH-480 and ive been trying to find a solution on the fourms. i also have input lag without osu opened but my mouse works perfectly fine. it is a tablet hardware issue or a OS issue? I forgot to mention that my second monitor is a 1920x1080 resolution, I think its something about my monitor
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
-glug-

Shiyuri wrote:

Are you using a laptop or a PC?
Have you set the new monitor to be the primary if you play osu! on it?
Does the input lag persist if you set the tablet to mouse mode?

If you don't have input lag without the 2nd monitor I don't think that it's a tablet hardware issue.
Yea, its from my second monitor, but my first monitor is fine, I use the monitor as my main screen cause my Laptop screen is broken. I have set my 2nd monitor as my Primary monitor. The lag still happens when I am using the mouse mode.
o x
Are you sure it isn't just latency between your laptop and second monitor? Since it is happening with your mouse as well that is what I would guess.

Also make sure that Raw Input is off in the osu!client. This may cause some latency. Settings>Input>Raw Input
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
-glug-

Shiyuri wrote:

If you have the possibilty, try to connect your monitor diffrently.
Like, if you connected your monitor via VGA to your laptop, try connecting the monitor via HDMI or reverse and see if it makes a difference.

And if your laptop monitor is broken anyways, try deactivating it on the resolution settings.
i disabled the second monito but i used the shortcut on the keyboard, i dunno if it was the proper way, ill check when i have the time

EDIT: im trying a hdmi cable and it seems to be working fine with other things but osu and the tablet. i think it might be a problem with my laptop.
Topic Starter
-glug-

Cawub wrote:

Are you sure it isn't just latency between your laptop and second monitor? Since it is happening with your mouse as well that is what I would guess.

Also make sure that Raw Input is off in the osu!client. This may cause some latency. Settings>Input>Raw Input
its not happening with my mouse as i said in my description but i tried disabling raw input and absolute raw input but if id disable RAW input it would make the input latency worse.
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
-glug-

Shiyuri wrote:

Please stick with the HDMI cable. Did you try the latest drivers only?
Try this one to see if it reduces input lag. You'll need to uninstall the old one first.

Thanks! it works but it feels weird now. I feel like my clicks are delayed now.
o x

Dark Light wrote:

I feel like my clicks are delayed now.
Try enabling OS TabletPC Support Options>Other>OS TabletPC Support
This might help out with the clicks.
Topic Starter
-glug-

Cawub wrote:

Dark Light wrote:

I feel like my clicks are delayed now.
Try enabling OS TabletPC Support Options>Other>OS TabletPC Support
This might help out with the clicks.
got that enabled, thanks it works perfectly fine now.