forum

[Archived] Cursor lag? [Stops moving]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Thank you SO, SO MUCH of even tryinna help me, I'll try it and edit when I know if it helps.

EDIT 1: I've played like 10 maps, and so far it has worked all fine. Aaarght I have so much hope I'll die if it doesnt work..

EDIT 2: It just stopped once after right around 20 or so plays.. But I think this still might have helped it. Thanks a lot, I'll keep on testing.

EDIT 3: Well, it still happens, and I'm not sure if that changed anything or if I just hoped so much. It still happens like, 1-2 times in every 5 plays.
Bandison
Try playing on fullscreen on native resolution.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Have already tried that too, didnt change anything.

I'm really confused, why is nothing helping..

EDIT: I didnt play osu for couple days, and now I'm back on, and this "lag" is making my playing literally impossible. It just happened two times in 15 seconds. I'm not sure why it's sometimes so little, and sometimes it's making the game unplayable, but all help would really be nice..
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Hjelp.. Please..
Topic Starter
-E M N-
PLEASE. I'm not giving up yet. I'm gonna keep on bumping this until I get my answers.
RvNovae
Have you tried playing on different release streams like beta, CE or fallback?
Bandison

-E M N- wrote:

Have already tried that too, didnt change anything.

I'm really confused, why is nothing helping..

EDIT: I didnt play osu for couple days, and now I'm back on, and this "lag" is making my playing literally impossible. It just happened two times in 15 seconds. I'm not sure why it's sometimes so little, and sometimes it's making the game unplayable, but all help would really be nice..
Disable all graphic shit, try compatibility mode.
Topic Starter
-E M N-

Olivarus wrote:

Have you tried playing on different release streams like beta, CE or fallback?
Well I tried both ce and fb. It seemed to happen less, but that was probably just my imagination + hope.

Solyder wrote:

Disable all graphic shit, try compatibility mode.
It's not about that, there isnt any real lag etc. But compatibility mode doesnt have any effect.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
bumpity bump..
Topic Starter
-E M N-
bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Bumping. Again. Such wow.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Bump.

I just really want help, and this is the fourth bump I'll make in a row. Please. I want to play.

Just as a quick update if someone is interested, I feel like it's not happening just so often now. Finally I've started to get pp again, when I dont break my combo on every single map because of cursor lag.. But it still happens often.

There was just couple days ago a post that was about the same problem as I'm having, so uhm.. Yeah. It happens to others, not just me. I've seen like 6 posts about it, and heard at least 10 people talk about how they've had the problem, but it just has suddenly disappeared at some point.

Sooo.. Yeah. Bump.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
This is the last bump I'll ever make. So, uhm, if no one really cares to help me, fine. I'll just give up and live with it then, I guess.
Caput Mortuum
Stop bumping

Have you tried using another mouse? Maybe it's a hardware problem. Yes, I've read your post. You don't move your cursor furiously for three straight minutes except in osu. Or try to limit the framerate.

or just play mania :^)
-[Shady]-
I get that issue sometimes, and I'm pretty confident it's a mouse issue on my end so changing the mouse might help you
Topic Starter
-E M N-

Mein Gauche wrote:

Stop bumping

Have you tried using another mouse? Maybe it's a hardware problem. Yes, I've read your post. You don't move your cursor furiously for three straight minutes except in osu. Or try to limit the framerate.
I indeed said I'm gonna stop bumping, so uhm.. Yeeeeeah..

I have tried using 3 different mouses, and it's been happening with all of them, so no: not a mouse problem, or then I have just have very, very bad luck. I tried using a tablet too, and my cursor had one weird stop in the middle of a movement, but I can blame that just on my bad tablet, so can't confirm that.

Limiting framerate = No difference.

Thanks a lot for help tho.
Caput Mortuum
That's too bad. I can't find another solution though. I'll go back here later.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Yeah okay thanks. I'm really thankful that so many people at least tried to help me. I know it has been an issue with many players, and there really hasn't been a solution that would've worked for everyone, so I'll just keep on trying I guess.

Thank you. Like, really.
aceticke
I see the problem, osu! and your computer have 2 seperate cursors your computer's is influencing the osu! one. In your gif can you see the white cursor at the top? That is what is bugging osu!. Try this method:

Right-click osu! and click open file location. Then scroll down and open repair osu!. Then check the Compatibility Mode option and click start osu!. If this fixes nothing, then run repair osu! again and click repair osu!.

Hope this helps!

:D
Topic Starter
-E M N-
No, that isnt the thing. I realised just now it might be a bit confusing, but I'm watching a replay on that GIF, and it's just me stopping the GIF from recording, not an actual cursor while I was playing.

Sorry if I confused you, and thanks a lot for trying to help. :D
Pickkle
Alright, maybe you have a low spec PC? That's my guess. Something I would fix is playing at a low resolution
Arena
Same issue here, cursor jitter and often the game just drops frames, and of course the wonderful occasional "you did not press your key" going on (aka keyboard input not registering); this behaviour differs from update to update, so I'm not sure what's been changing, but it's breaking my game.

As far as I can see there is no non-osu-related fix for this.
HybridTomTOES
Hey I know this thread is kinda old but I found a way to fix this problem of yours since I'm also experiencing the same problem. All you have to do is to follow this steps. :arrow: :shock:
1. Open Control Panel
2. Go to System and Security
3. Go to Hardware and Sounds
4. Select Hardware and Devices
5. A troubleshooting window will pop up and click next, after that it will run a scan to detect problems on the hardware and devices your are using, after the scan click apply this fix and close the window and restart your computer (Optional: You can click next again to detect additional problems)
6. After you restart everything is in ship shape just play osu without any cursor hassle again! :idea:

HOPE THIS HELPS :) :D