forum

[resolved] osu! micro freezing/stuttering when in fullscreen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bearsome
Problem Details: Hello! I've been having this issue a lot lately. Basically, when I play the game in fullscreen mode, during a song it can microfreeze for less than a second every minute or so. It's really annoying and prevents me from completing any song. To add to this, I tried playing in windowed and there the issue does not occur, but windowed mode adds a lot of latency.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I can't really provide it since it's hard to capture a micro freeze.

osu! version: 20160821beta
Nathanael
If you're using Windows 10, use the compatibility mode in options.
Topic Starter
Bearsome
I'll try and report back, thanks!
Nathanael
Alright. I'll wait for feedback.
Topic Starter
Bearsome
Compatibility mode worked, thanks a lot!
CleonKasemGamer
Sorry if this a very VERY late question since I recently got it 1 month ago and it starts to bug me out when im trying to pass 5 star map. Anyways im in Windows 7 and when I like try to fc or something my entire osu! game lag and froze. Just used compability mode and its still lagging

Plz help
I tried minimizing the screen and it still (kinda) freezes
Stellamaris

CleonKasemGamer wrote:

Sorry if this a very VERY late question since I recently got it 1 month ago and it starts to bug me out when im trying to pass 5 star map. Anyways im in Windows 7 and when I like try to fc or something my entire osu! game lag and froze. Just used compability mode and its still lagging

Plz help
I tried minimizing the screen and it still (kinda) freezes
windows 7 tends to lag alot more on osu, it's a version issue.
to pretty much confirm this, i have osu on my laptop.
My laptop has an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @1.60GHz 1.80GHz with 4GB ram
I don't exactly remember what my PC has, but my Windows 7 PC had better specs; a GeForce GTX580, the rest idk but it had a better processor, CPU, and 8GB ram

my laptop on windows 10 runs osu! better than a windows 7 PC with at least three times more power.

What I did to MINIMIZE the microstutters and lag, was put my Frame Limiter to Power Saving, put the game to Fullscreen, Render at native resolution, and generally just lower the resolution until i had a stable 120fps.