forum

[Archived] A beeping sound appears upon opening of osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
Problem Details:
Well, basically I had to replace my front audio and usb panel today because it was broken, so with the new panel, I was testing everything, audio was all fine, but when opening osu! it started to do a beeping sound non-stop that wouldn't cease even when osu! was already closed, I had to restart the PC fully.

I have tried watching videos, skype, discord, teamspeak, even McOsu (practice client) and they all work well, but as soon I open osu, the beeping sound appears and it doesn't go away until I restart the PC, I don't get why that happens.

osu! version: 20160929.2cuttingedge
Natahotra
Have you tried switching from cuttingedge to stable, seeing if that fixes anything?
also, are your audio drivers up-to-date?
Topic Starter
Frc

Knife Party wrote:

Have you tried switching from cuttingedge to stable, seeing if that fixes anything?
also, are your audio drivers up-to-date?

Tried Stable latest, no fix. My audio drivers are up to date according to Windows.

I only noticed the beeping only shows during 1 second when I start up the PC, then NEVER shows up again until I open osu, then it doesn't go away until I restart PC...

Also I think it's worth mentioning I opened a old January 2016 osu! client and the beeping doesn't appear this time, though a much fainter sound (like a whistle) is heard until i tab out