forum

[Archived] osu! crashed immediately after previewing in OBS.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
themuk
Just when I wanted to stream some tappa taps, I can't. Oh-su? More like Oh-no. FeelsBadMan.

Problem Details:-

Just as the title says, as soon as I tried to preview stream in OBS, my osu crashed instantly. Been googling about, but ended up back to square 1. So I've decided to post a thread instead. Oh, and I'm using a laptop.

Explaining more into details :-
I'm NOT running both OBS (64-bit) and osu as administrator, though I've tried it but no luck. I was running Stable (Latest) at first and changed to cutting edge hoping the problem would fix. Running either fullscreen or not also did not help. Wanted to change the renderer in osu, only to find out that the settings to change between OpenGL and DirectX are not there anymore. The crash happened instantly when previewing/recording (and stream too I'd guess) in OBS. I have streamed before with no problem whatsoever. The only changes I could think of since my previously successful stream is that I'm not using my tablet (not having it connected), but I highly doubt that's the issue here.

Edit 1 : Running in compatibility mode windowed or fullscreen doesn't cause osu to crash but OBS is not picking up anything.

Edit 2 : I tried using Stable (fallback) and surprisingly osu didn't crash when using OBS and the capture works. The catch is that the audio and video are not in sync for some reason. And obviously, I'm not gonna stay with fallback just to stream.

Specs :-

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
GPU: GeForce GTX 970M

Log: -

Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x57b7551a
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57898e09
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000f28b0
Faulting process ID: 0x20ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fefe35482e32
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: fdbd2f44-8223-464f-8956-ba66146000af
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

osu! version: b20160819cuttingedge
Lacrimosa
Did you try running osu! in Compatibility mode? Does it keep crashing?
Topic Starter
themuk

Nikosbks wrote:

Did you try running osu! in Compatibility mode? Does it keep crashing?
Thank you for the reply. I just tried that with windowed and fullscreen. It seems that it's not crashing, but nothing showed up in OBS, it's pretty much just a black screen.
Topic Starter
themuk
I guess I'm stuck with no solution? :/
muza
Which OBS are you using and is it the latest version? I had this problem once when I was using an older version of OBS Studio. Updating to 0.15.2 fixed this problem for me.
Topic Starter
themuk

muza wrote:

Which OBS are you using and is it the latest version? I had this problem once when I was using an older version of OBS Studio. Updating to 0.15.2 fixed this problem for me.
I'm using original OBS (v0.658b). Give me a moment to install and try using OBS Studio and I'll get back to you.
Topic Starter
themuk
It seems that with OBS Studio, I can stream with no problem. Though I'm getting slightly lower fps with OBS Studio, but I'm sure a little optimisation would do the trick. Time to transition to OBS Studio I guess. Thank you for the replies.