forum

[Archived] Beatmap Thumbnail

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trost
Problem Details: I want to know how to change the thumbnail of this beatmap if possible

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Bara-
It takes the BG from one of the BGs, so all diffs from the same set have the same thumbnail. Having different BGs per map will thus cause it to be different. The BGs will be different, thumbnails will not
Starrodkirby86
I think this worked back in the day, but correct me if I'm wrong – do a full upload for your beatmap on the difficulty you want the thumbnail's background to be, and after a period of time, your thumbnail should update, ideally. That is, if you don't want that particular background to be your thumbnail. :P
Topic Starter
Trost
Will try that out

Edit: tried to do a full upload with only this background and waited 8 hours but thumbnail still has not changed

Maybe I have to wait a day or so...who knows
Starrodkirby86
The thumbnail changed online, so at this point, you'll just need to clear your in-game cache.

That's inside your osu! folder -> Data -> bt. Data is a hidden folder, so make sure you can see hidden files and folders on your computer. Then go to the file that's your beatmap's set ID and delete that.
-Atri-
Yeah i got the same problems, and it's on my unsubmitted maps, even more worse, Some of my it said some of my unsubmitted maps were "ranked"

Notice there's some maps were only mapped for few seconds

IDK is it the right place to put this down
Starrodkirby86

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Yeah i got the same problems, and it's on my unsubmitted maps, even more worse, Some of my it said some of my unsubmitted maps were "ranked"

Notice there's some maps were only mapped for few seconds

IDK is it the right place to put this down
Close enough. Though maybe it'd be more effective as its own topic, haha.

You probably have a number prefixed on your song folder's name. Also, if you look at your .osu files, BeatmapID and BeatmapSetID are probably not 0 and -1 respectively...

Follow this topic here and try things out. Be sure to back up your map just in case.

EDIT: Or... That's what I'd normally think. :P But maybe this problem is related to an osu! database that's a bit scrambled. I recalled that letting osu! redo its osu!.db may fix it.