forum

Greatest Idea Mafia II - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyxa
Also farto played really fucking well, I'm surprised he was werewolf honestly.
Amianki
He had the advantage of being able to scumhunt genuinely without having associatives that could screw him over. It's a lot easier to look town in that sense.
fartownik
AND I WOULD'VE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, MEDDLING ACE TIMING

Seriously, 4 Mafia and 1 Werewolf? Never in the world I would assume there's another Mafia out there. I guess this was the hardest possible game for me to play as scum. Alone, with 4 Mafia players from the other faction and all the Town against me.

And what, I was ACTUALLY right about Ace Timing being the Mafia Seer (I said Werewolf Seer) even though I've only brought that thought here to frame him into the lynch so he doesn't Seer me during the Night. If I was more persistent about his lynch I would've won this game easily, especially with the fact that he'd flip scum which would give me another infinity of towncred, but I couldn't really know that he's scum. My only mistake in this game was probably assuming that I'm the last scum standing. If I haven't done that I may have actually seen Ace's scumness and be more town-persistent in his lynch or actually Copscan him during the Night.

One more thing, playing a lone Werewolf is nothing but risk. I had to risk every Night, I knew I could die at any time, especially after claiming the Cop, but I've still done those things since that was the only way to have a chance of winning. I accidentally made myself look too Town D1 and I was afraid Mafia would've killed me N1 already (for being Town), didn't happen though, but I really had to claim my result to get rid of SNB so he didn't kill me during N2, it was too risky to keep him alive even for the Town kills he could've given me.

This game was crazy. Probably the most fun game I've ever played here up to this point. All of those plot twists deserve their own M. Night Shyamalan movie.
fartownik

Zexion wrote:

I'm fucking nervous right now. I know it's WIFOM but if Slaini is actually a SK he will most likely target me and that would make my role a complete waste. (I would rage so hard if I get killed in any way)
xD
fartownik

fartownik wrote:

I was actually thinking about fakeclaiming my 3rd card One-Shot Townie. Good that I didn't do it seeing as AT has it as one of his. Worth waiting with the claim.

he had the same idea as I did as scum
Zexion

fartownik wrote:

Zexion wrote:

I'm fucking nervous right now. I know it's WIFOM but if Slaini is actually a SK he will most likely target me and that would make my role a complete waste. (I would rage so hard if I get killed in any way)
xD
HEY THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED... half of it, tho. And please don't tell me you were totally OK with Slaini's "claim" back then.

I even left a plan in case I died, but your scanning of SNB yet again made me fai againl. Why do I suck so much playing as scum ;_;
Zexion
FTR I raged a lot after dying.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Yeah, anything's possible in Greatest Idea Mafia, since the minimum ammount of town required to start is that of half the playerlist, but as i said, there was no way of you to know Ace was mafia, you could've assumed easily there was still another mafia (it'd make sense for the doc to block the kill on you after being outed as a cop) so your play and lynch D3 were perfectly fine and safe, it was just bad luck that the 4th maf was ace and not NH.

As you said tho, the fate of this game relied on N3's night actions :P just not in the way you think it would.

And im surprised with your scumhunting skills, honestly, had you been a vig instead of a werewolf, you'd probably have destroyed the mafia team and got a win to brag about with it.

I'll still give you an honorable mention for single handledly destroying the opposing faction when town was all being lost in the mist they created.
Ace Timing
I honestly didn't expect farto being werewolf.
Amianki
Gotta love those games where town wins more from the anti-town factions just crushing each other than anything else.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Role PMs are up, forgot to mention, i was laughing so much when people were speculating pikachu :)
fartownik
Yeah, now I remember that I actually guessed NH by PMing you D1 =D
fartownik
(tried to guess)*
Topic Starter
Sakura
Yeah and Tess guessed Navizel, it was hilarious to read tbh.
Topic Starter
Sakura
On another note, i'd have been totally fine making both masons confirmed town to each other, but i was going by the role PMs posted in the GIM wiki, this also includes the doc's protect blocking all night kills instead of 1 on the target. If i ever make a closed setup that's multiball, and it has masons on it, masons will be town only.
GuyInFreezer
Man fartownik is that how you repay a favor :P
Chamelo
Oh wow
Sorry for the absence, everything was chaos when university starts.

Zexion wrote:

Also WTF Chamelo lied when being town?
I'd rather lied and get away than being honest and get lynched.
Zexion

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Oh wow
Sorry for the absence, everything was chaos when university starts.

Zexion wrote:

Also WTF Chamelo lied when being town?
I'd rather lied and get away than being honest and get lynched.
Chances are you wouldn't have gotten lynched because we would have to waste day just to confirm your role. On the other hand, you would be the prime target for both scum factions so I guess it was a good play.

Still, why would you choose that role if it had so may bad stuff associated with it.
Chamelo
Because Town Reloader is nowhere better than unlynchable.

But actually I should chose two unlynchable cards and discard reloader to avoid WIFOM in the first place. :P
fartownik
If I ever write a novel, it will be based on this game's plot

/gravedigger
Zexion
About a year later... I'm still mad.