forum

[Archived] Osu! unlimited(gameplay) refreshes at 59hz and not 240 fps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nUbpro1
Problem Details:I updated to Windows 10 2 weeks ago with no problems, I un-installed and re-installed my nvidia drivers and everything was fine. But about a week ago, I noticed that instead of rendering at a constant 240fps while on unlimited(gameplay), it only refreshed at 59 hz, which is weird because prior to that day it never said hz, it was always "fps." I have an AMD 8-core 3.5 GHz processor, a GTX 660, and 8GB of RAM, and I updated from Windows 7. This was never an issue before. I switched to every version that was available, and it was constant throughout all versions, and nothing i did in my .cfg file worked either. Compatibility mode makes it worse. I've tried altering some settings in the Nvidia control panel, but to no avail. I've reinstalled Osu! 2 times and nothing works. I'm desperate here because It feels like no matter what framerate I set the limiter to, it just renders at 59 frames, and I can't play 4-5 star maps with 60 frames. I'm really trying to break 100k but I'm afraid that if this doesn't get fixed, I'll have to stop playing and I really don't want to do that.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:I can't provide any videos or screenshots sorry.

osu! version: 20160403.6
alecA
osu! has had that feature for a while actually. The 59hz is your monitor refresh rate. The FPS does not show during gameplay, but it does show when you're picking a beatmap, or if you pause the game. Hope that helps.
Jukkii
at 240 fps its supposed to do that and also if your monitor is 60 hz, there is NO difference between 60 and 240 fps since your monitor only refreshes 60 times per second and at the level you are playing hz and fps dont really matter since youre reading like AR8
Dntm8kmeeatu

-Jukke- wrote:

at 240 fps its supposed to do that and also if your monitor is 60 hz, there is NO difference between 60 and 240 fps since your monitor only refreshes 60 times per second and at the level you are playing hz and fps dont really matter since youre reading like AR8

There is a massive difference.

Even if your monitor only supports 60hz refresh, 240fps will feel WAY better than 60fps. Even though the monitor is showing a picture 60 times every second. A higher framerate will equal a more up to date recent frame when the monitor does refresh. Causing less input delay and smoother feeling.
Topic Starter
nUbpro1

AlecJumps wrote:

osu! has had that feature for a while actually. The 59hz is your monitor refresh rate. The FPS does not show during gameplay, but it does show when you're picking a beatmap, or if you pause the game. Hope that helps.
To my understanding, my moniter refreshes at 60hz. But yes the fps does display during gameplay. If I set it to Unlimited gameplay, it refreshes at "59/59 hz," which isn't playable. But when I switch to 240frames, it displays "240/240fps" but still only refreshes at around 60 frames. I'm sure it's not a problem with Osu! because the problem occurs throughout all versions including fallback, and this was never a problem before. But if anyone can think of a way windows 10 might be limiting my framerate, that'd be nice. I've disabled V-Sync in my nvidia control panel, and to my understanding, windows game bar or nvidia shadowplay aren't on. I just have no clue.