forum

[Archived] Double Time causing fail on the end spinner

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Recath
Problem Details:

I have an issue that seems to only be on a specific map. Without Double Time there's no issue but when I'm playing with the double time mod I gain an extra combo out of nowhere and lose right at the end. I believe this is because it ends with a spinner. Why is this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmB8nClpVf8

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
This issue has been reported before with the same map. I still can't reproduce this... I tried it again with and without DT but in both cases I completed the song and I encountered no issue.
t/450135
Topic Starter
Recath

Nikosbks wrote:

This issue has been reported before with the same map. I still can't reproduce this... I tried it again with and without DT but in both cases I completed the song and I encountered no issue.
t/450135
I'll try restarting the game and redownloading the beatmap later on, I'll say what happens then
Topic Starter
Recath

Nikosbks wrote:

t/450135
Problem still occurs. refreshed, restarted, re-downloaded
non one c
Pretty stange.
I tryed it on 2 computers and everything normal for me.
Topic Starter
Recath

NoNiC wrote:

Pretty stange.
I tryed it on 2 computers and everything normal for me.
After a long pain in the ass rar file for my skins and the maps I actually got it to work after uninstalling the whole game. Basically something either in the options disturbed the song or a file had bad data. I believe very much this was a error in the game files but it's fixed. If anything is having trouble it's probably time to re-download the game and see what happens.
VeilStar
I'm pretty sure this happens when the last note of the map is past the end of the song mp3's length - which can happen when you have an offset (either local or universal) set.

If the last note of the beatmap is say 10ms before the song mp3 end and you have a universal offset of -9ms, using DT might make it fail while it doesn't without mods because 10 / 1.5 = 6.67, and 6.67-9 = -2.33. Which means the last note of the map would be hit when the mp3 has already ended. While without mods the last note would be hit 1ms before the mp3 ends.

With that said, do you have a universal offset set?