forum

o!m PH 4K Summer Tournament 2016! [Ended!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
SurfChu85
Posting in behalf of Gravey-

This is to remind everyone that the Qualifying Mappool has been updated in lieu to comments on the older pool. To give you an idea on what has been changed, please read the beatmap description. It is also advised that you download the map pool as soon as possible since the qualifiers are going to be held this weekend.

Song List
Map ID    Artist - Title (Mapper/s)
946889 Gavin G - Reach Out (SurfChu85, FrenzyLi, Lenfried-)
946891 Ryu* - Mind Mapping (kors k remix) (Cusheen)
946890 odaxelagnia - Pianobreak (Lenfried-)
956129 Yamajet - Jump to the Future (KatayokuNoTori)

Links: osu! servers | Google Drive | Dropbox | puush

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused in your preparation for the qualifiers week. Rest assured, you are free to give inquiry regarding the tournament in case you have further clarifications. You can also use the tourney's Discord Server for those (and for more fun as well).

P.S. If ever there are offset issues in the mappool due to errors in compilation, please post on the mapset's thread or PM me so that I can issue a fix.
lenpai
Ninja'd by surf
Ew4n_old

trexex55 wrote:

Gravey- wrote:

Announcements

osu!mania Phillippines 4Key Tourney
Randomized Qualifying Pairs
===========================
April 23 2016 Saturday - UTC+8

1st batch | 1:00 - 2:00 PM
* Mikelele & notapplicable
* scissorsf & meatmap

2nd batch | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
* Jsee & Jinyori
* Azure Equinox & arcwinolivirus

3rd batch | 3:00 - 4:00 PM
* Muttsulinii & _Ka0s_
* Umawu- & Harbringer16

4th batch | 4:00 - 5:00 PM
* JztCallMeRon & CronoRock27
* Tokiiwa & Otaku_Gamer_INF

April 24 2016 Sunday - UTC+8

1st batch | 1:00 - 2:00 PM
* epyonjan & A-Taco
* DJSuperNOVA & _Shirayukihime_ (PENDING)

2nd batch | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
* Makicchi & Malgedion
* HeyThread & kei101895

3rd batch | 3:00 - 4:00 PM
* Shiro-neechan & trexex55
* -BlueFire- & [ Migi ]

4th batch | 4:00 - 5:00 PM
* [ Libed ] & -Messenger-
* inverselina & Djmon

If you have allegation to the said schedules, you are free to request for a re-schedule. Pls contact us as soon as possible and don't forget to ask your pair about your re-schedule request!
yay! natapat kami sa 24th..
also, pakyu migi pak

Where can i watch live??
Topic Starter
Gravey-

Ew4n wrote:

Where can i watch live??
Twitch Live Stream Link!
Ew4n_old

Gravey- wrote:

Ew4n wrote:

Where can i watch live??
Twitch Live Stream Link!
Ok thank you
SurfChu85
Qualifying Day 1 Results:

Special Notes: Otaku_Gamer_INF still has to play the qualifiers.

MP Links
Qualifying Group 1: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/24366103
Qualifying Group 2: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/24366910
Qualifying Group 3: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/24367632
Qualifying Group 4: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/24368283
Topic Starter
Gravey-
AyeAries

Gravey- wrote:

this map is really shit in terms of SV's @_@
i think change this map >.<
lenpai

Shiro-neechan wrote:

Gravey- wrote:

that's the point of an SV pick :P
also i have to point out that Gravey- managed to FC the map without much practice if not, on sightread

also the pool is finalized and official, so no changes will be done even if better alternatives are to be raised
XeoStyle

Shiro-neechan wrote:

Shit ?
Good shit ?

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Btw if you can't read it, just lower your scrollspeed a little. And no, this is not a hard SV map pick eh.
SurfChu85

(btw, Electronic Sound Lab sightread FC is possible, just practice it.)
snexe
karukurenawi MMMM i love wash machine mascot mania osu mMmmmmMMMM
SurfChu85
Doing match schedules in behalf of Gravey-

Match Schedules

Rescheduling is still accepted, but you must provide us with the agreement between you and your opponent so that we can settle your timeslots. Playing outside the indicated timeslots is possible but streaming is not guaranteed! In an event of a simultaneous match, the better (where a TB is more probable) matchup will be streamed.
SurfChu85

Round of 16 Stats Report
Spoilerboxing this since this is kinda lengthy
Match Results

From the given exhibit, we see that the higher seeded players are pretty much in total dominance of the round. With a good amount of sweeps and 4-1's but the most surprising result is the Seed 5 (JztCallMeRon) vs Seed 12 (CronoRock27) match. Prior to the round, these two are the qualifying team mates, and managed to create really consistent scores leading to this round. JztCallMeRon called most of the accuracy picks and took advantage of a better rainbow 300 ratio on a good number of charts. CronoRock27's G-SYMPHONiCORE pick turned the tables and scored on two straight notecharts before JztCallMeRon broke his streak and eventually winning his match, 4-2.

Looking forward to the Quarterfinals Match-ups, we'll be seeing closer matches this time especially on the matches that involves people who are closely seeded, who knows, we might also see a few upsets.

You can keep track of the brackets on this link.

Picks and Bans

Most Picked Notechart: S-C-U feat. Qrispy Joybox - anemone (Starry-) [Special]

Of course, who'd never pick this on a match. Although this chart has pretty much enough stuff to make you choke, but a good amount of players can pretty much score on this really great and it all comes down to how the players handle themselves. Talk about confidence.

Most Banned Notechart: Shawn Wasabi - Marble Soda (Lenfried-) [test]

This one has everything you don't want to trip on. If you happen to do something a bit unpleasant somewhere in this chart, whether you released one of the LN's too early or you missed on the SV section, say goodbye to one point. This might be the reason why this is banned frequently.

Notable Stuff:
Cranky - La Campanella : Nu Rave (nowsmart) [4K MX] (4 bans and NOT EVEN A SINGLE PICK)
Yooh - Electronic Sound Lab (XeoStyle) [MX] (4 bans)
Topic Starter
Gravey-

Announcements

Match Schedules for the Quarterfinals that will be held this May 7 Saturday - 8 Sunday 2016 UTC+8

If you have concerns regarding the schedules, feel free to ask the staff. Pls be informed that re-scheduling is possible and if ever you requested for re-scheduling we can't assure you that on the other days disregard with our given match dates, there will be no guaranteed live-stream for your match.

SurfChu85

Quarterfinals Recap
Spoilerboxing this since this is kinda lengthy
Match Results

Similar to last week, the stronger players tend to dominate their match-up against their opponent, with four of the six matches being sweeps and only two matches with a 5-1. Something you might want to point out is that even for the close seeded matches, namely, the Seed 13 (-Messenger-) vs Seed 12 (CronoRock27) match on the loser's bracket, and the Seed 4 (scissorsf) vs Seed 5 (JztCallMeRon) match on the winner's bracket, both ending up as a 5-0 win for the players with the higher seeds. What may have made a difference is the skill level of the players relative to the mappool.

On the -Messenger- vs CronoRock27 match, you can see that CronoRock27 dominated all of the notecharts played during their match, with him leading by as much as 88501 points on ETIA. - Claiomh Solais (-SoraGami-) [4K Insane], which is one of the more formidable picks for a good amount of players left in the tourney. On the scissorsf vs JztCallMeRon match, we saw a closer match in terms of points, but on lapix - NEO GRAVITY (Aras25) [Lenfried's INFINITE] (which is scissorsf's pick) we see a wider gap from scissorsf's score (972,856) and JztCallMeRon's (948,553).

The Next Round

For convenience, let's look at the Winner's bracket first. As expected by many, we have Tokiiwa and scissorsf battling it out for a slot on the Winner's Bracket Finals, and _Shirayukihime_ and Muttsulinii for the other. Although not that much is expected from the match stated earlier, Tokiiwa vs scissorsf should still prove to be an exciting match to watch. On the other hand, _Shirayukihime_ (Seed 2) vs Muttsulinii (Seed 3) will be the third close-seeded match of the tournament, and given the semis pool, this match will really be exciting and this might actually go the distance.

We have two rounds of matches to be conducted on the loser's bracket for this weekend. On the first round, we might see the odds favoring the higher-seeded players, it might be because of some lower-seeded players being not able to keep up with their opponents in terms of skill level. Upsets are not ruled out though, since there might be players who are considered "late bloomers" and we might see their actual force now that the notecharts are significantly harder than the ones during the start of the elimination phase.

The second round features the winners of the matches conducted on the round explained earlier. If the higher-seeded players win their matches, we will be seeing -BlueFire- (Seed 6) vs DJSuperNOVA (Seed 7), while will be really interesting as to how these two will keep up with the pool, especially -BlueFire-, who admittedly, is not that much of a 4K player, and "might not perform that well", that though, is not an excuse for him. Given the same scenario, the other match will be JztCallMeRon (Seed 5) vs meatmap (Seed 8), which is another must-watch, and will be a battle of consistency. Upsets on the earlier round will make the loser's bracket crazier and one would need an insane amount of guts to be able to predict what will happen.

You can keep track of the brackets on this link. | The results spreadsheet can be found here.

Picks and Bans

Most Picked Notechart: Touyama Nao & Hanazawa Kana - Taisetsu no Tsukurikata (Asterisk remix) (N0thingSpecial) [Muu's MX] and ginhika - EOS ([A v a l o n]) [Shana's DayBreak] (4 picks each)

Both are known as the accuracy picks of the round, players would obviously take the opportunity to get a point from these two charts, and probably "intimidate" the opponent by saying "O sige, accuracy pick pa, di yan tatalab sa akin." (Accuracy picks won't work on me, man.)

Most Banned Notechart: Cardboard Box - Infernoplextratone (pikechu) [Challenge] (5 bans)

For this one, I invited Lenfried-, one of the map selectors for this tourney to give his insight.

infernoplextratone due to it's insane amount of uncomfortable pattern at a whopping 256 bpm makes this one of the hardest charts in the pool. The chart may have not suited most of the player's skillsets making it the more favorable map to ban, the match-ups is also something to consider.

Notable Stuff:
The mere fact that the picks and bans are very diverse, that IS notable. One thing that disturbs me though, is that the players may have forgotten that ginkiha - eastward (Rizqy) [Another] exists in the pool
Topic Starter
Gravey-
OsuMe65
SurfChu85

Finals Week 1 Schedule

As much as we want to allow rescheduling, due to the nature of how matches will be conducted for this round, we cannot accept re-schedules so as to not jeopardize the uniformity of the coverage for this tournament.

Finals Week 1 Mappool

Semifinals Recap

clicky!
Match Results

Okay, so like the past weeks, we have defaults, we have sweeps, practically the same things. Though, we had a match that had led to a forfeit due to keyboard issues (See Match 19). Nothing really that special, but we did see a few surprises like Tokiiwa failing to sweep his match vs scissorsf, and -BlueFire- getting a few points off CronoRock27 back on the special Monday matches. That's pretty much it on for this set of matches. If you're asking for the match of the week, it would be -BlueFire- vs CronoRock27

Picks and Bans

*7 matches were conducted for this round

Most Picked Notechart: Nanahira - Kankitsurui Shoujo (SurfChu85) [4K Lemon! Collab] (6 Picks, 1 Ignore)

Okay, before I get too excited, lemme get Lenfried- to speak.

As expected, Kankitsurui Shoujo ended up as the most picked map partly because it is easy and maybe because it's Nanahira. (Okay, I'll butt in) Well, this notechart is considered the "easy gimmick" pick of the pool, with your generic 180bpm jumpstreams which actually come out as dense than expected, then you have those nifty SV changes applied by yours truly. (Hey, before you complain, Lenfried- was the one who added this to the pool.) Even with that, the chart is pretty much easy and can become a formidable pick, and let me reiterate, Nanahira!

Most Banned Notechart: aaaa - Bokutachi no Tabi to Epilogue.[Long ver.] (Daikyi) [Final Voyage] (4 bans), and Orange Wolke vs Double L - Great Spirits Remix Eff.DL (FaL3C_ChoBo) [4K FaL3C] (4 bans)

Okay, let me give the keyboard back to Lenfried- (and with some input from Halogen-)

For aaaa, the length of the map, being above 5 minutes and the 250 bpm jumpstream diff spike at the end is more than enough to make people carelessly drop combos (plus a high risk of losing a good score as well.) For Great Spirits, the constant barrage of SV's varying from speedups to jump and the inclusion of LNs mixed in with tricky chords make this map both tricky and hard to read

Similar to last week, the picks and bans are quite diverse to point out other notable stuff.

Other vital links: Brackets | Match Results
SurfChu85

Tournament Recap

Because it's quite late for a recap for the last two weeks.

WARNING: Wall of Text
The Qualifiers

And the tournament started with 32 people. These people who aim to be one of the best 4K players in the archipelago. But before they even reach the tournament proper, four notecharts were thrown at them to filter out the ones who do not make the cut... with a twist. The organizers have placed a very evil stipulation on the qualifying round which forces the players to be placed on a randomized pair and will basically carry each other to the next round. A good amount of tournament favorites failed to pass through, most surprisingly, arcwinolivirus, who is one of the osu!mania 4K Superstars in the country. We also saw a handful of new names who passed through the qualifiers, namely -Messenger-, Malgedion, and CronoRock27.

Qualifying Stats can be found here.

Round of 16

Full Round Recap found here.

The sweet sixteen. People tend to call the tournament proper's first round as the "Round of Accuracy". Quite obvious given the mappools. As expected, the upper seeds got the most of the ability to win their match and get their wins, relegating their opponents to the loser's bracket.

Quarterfinals

Similar to the Round of 16, nothing special really happened during this round. With the people expected to win their matches and move on to the next round. Unfortunately, [ Migi ], -Messenger-, _Ka0s_, and [ Libed ] were sent home after losing two matches in the tourney proper.

Semi-finals

Things now start to get interesting. Loser's Round 2 and 3 went pretty much as expected, maybe except for one player, CronoRock27, pulling off two upsets during the week, and moved on to the next weekend of competition. The Winner's Bracket went the obvious route, and had Tokiiwa and Nikana (formerly known as Muttsulinii) facing off on their Bracket's final.

Finals Week 1

And there were six... or should I say four left since there were two matches that went by the way of default. The matches went again as expected with Tokiiwa getting the first seat on the grand finals. scissorsf and Nikana (formerly known as Muttsulinii, if you missed my note earlier) facing off for the other spot, and Nikana, eventually getting that spot after taking advantage of the pressure scissorsf had due to him choking a lot during his plays on their match.

The Grand Finals

I think I have nothing to say here now. The figure says it all.

Other vital links: Brackets | Match Results

Mappick Trends

Written by Lenfried-

DISCLAIMER: Input will not be provided on Finals due to the lack of matches
The variety of skillsets out participants provide in this tournament has been pretty noticeable, and is shown by what has been banned. Contrary to the hate LN charts get, most of the bans are more focused on rigid patterns, technical music, and SV-heavy charts. This is heavily expressed during the Round of 16, with Last Star in The Universe, La Campanella, and Marble Soda alongside a few other maps got the most bans. During the Quarterfinals, most of the bans focused on Infernoplextratone and quite less on furioso melodia and TRICKL4SH 220. The sense of not wanting to play marathon songs start to kick in during the Semifinals, whose more favored bans are Bokutachi no Tabi to Epilogue, Great Spirits Remix, and Katayoku No Tori, all known to be the more lengthy charts of the round. The general skillsets the players possess mostly take accuracy maps with chords and also for comfortable jumpstreams: anemone and ANiMA during the Round of 16; Taisetsu no Tsukurikata and EOS for Quarterfinals; and Rengoku Teien and Kankitsurui Shoujo. Players may have not paid much attention to difficulty was given to the chord based maps as there was a bit of variety in the jumpstreams.

That is all from me. Thanks to all of the players and spectators who followed the tournament from the very start. Hanggang sa susunod, paalam!
Seijiro
Locking since the tournament is over (asked by the OP)