forum

[Archived] Delayed Clicks?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kingdookoo921
Its looking like my clicks are delayed and I dunno how. Its quite weird because i've NEVER had this happen before. I click on one note, but then the next doesn't click as iff its SUPER delayed, and I know im hitting the not too cause my cursor is over and and I click the mouse directly. Its quite Bizarre. If you look at this vid, my cursor is over the note and slightly enlarged after clicking on the last one, but for some reason, the next click doesn't register on the fifth note from the fourth note. Its REALLY weird and preventing me from getting an S on this song. I'm also not new to this game by anymeans. I'm proud of my rank and my time put into the game, its just, I've noticed this sort of as a running theme. Totally Bizarre like I said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3FIBROJzX8

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Are you sure you just aren't messing up and not hitting the notes correctly? Normally this is the case and is only a problem with new or lower ranking players. Unless you can provide proof that you did hit that key correctly, I'm just going to assume you missed and that's all there is to it.
Topic Starter
Kingdookoo921

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Are you sure you just aren't messing up and not hitting the notes correctly? Normally this is the case and is only a problem with new or lower ranking players. Unless you can provide proof that you did hit that key correctly, I'm just going to assume you missed and that's all there is too it.
No, I can't show my hand clicking on it, but I can tell you, that that is actually pretty consistant. Its happened multiple times on that song. Its possible it could be the map, but I assure you, I am clicking at the right time, its just not registering. I find this very annoying.
Ferox-
So you're clicking with the mouse? what about Z/X. they need love too :(
Topic Starter
Kingdookoo921

Ezikiel wrote:

So you're clicking with the mouse? what about Z/X. they need love too :(
I would use Z/X but I can't seem to get the hang of that. Also, I do use my Z/X alot, I usually emulate games that I cant get a hold of anymore, so they do get love, lol.
arcanep33nis
Im having the same exact problem, i use Tilde and 1. I feel as if im actually hitting the notes but its delayed and messes up my note streak. I dont think its anything to do with my keyboard.
peter0820
I like turtles
Topic Starter
Kingdookoo921

peter0820 wrote:

I like turtles
And I like Trains, but that's not the discussion here, lol.
Sandy Hoey

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Normally this is the case and is only a problem with new or lower ranking players. Unless you can provide proof that you did hit that key correctly, I'm just going to assume you missed and that's all there is to it.
This is most likely the case and will just come with experience the more you play. Make sure that you are clicking with the beat of the song and not always with what your eyes are telling you. One extreme way to do this is to start playing with hidden, which will force you to listen to the beat as opposed to just reading the notes.

You can also check if your global offset in the settings is changed. This is probably not the case since you are only missing a few notes, but it can't hurt to check.