forum

[resolved] I am tired of this sudden Lag while playing!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xVex
So

i have this problem now since i started playing Osu and i tried evertything VSync 120 Fps,Unlimited, set a custom Frame Rate : Nothing Worked and I have not seen any solution for this sh*t. The Game just freezes while i am playing a Song.

I woudl be happy if anyone coudl have a solution for it

Pls ;_;
Vuelo Eluko
what are your system specs? run malwarebytes/ccleaner/chkdsk/defrag? use stable fallback version? update your drivers? idk personally the only lag issues i've had were related to shoddy updates to the game and were fixed by rolling back, and chkdsk/defrag would probably only reduce lag in the menu's

anyway wrong forum go to 5 for more replies
Pawsu
Here's a helpful link that goes over some common issues and solutions: http://help.ppy.sh/article/43/im-experi ... uring-play
If this doesn't help, what are your specs? What are you running? Tried fullscreen? Disabled detail settings?
Frolski

Frolski wrote:

Causes of lag spikes:

1. overheating, high core/PC temperature:

- not properly set cooler;
- old thermal grease;

2. programs working in the background:

- antivirus;
- live drivers updates;
- other programs coming with drivers for your PC;
- recently installed programs;

3. old graphic/PC drivers

4. resolution in osu!

5. osu! version

How to avoid lag spikes:

1. Make sure your PC is not overheating.
2. Make sure you turned off every unnecessary program working in background, also it's highly recommended to turn off your antivirus, or even uninstall it.
3. Make sure your drivers are up to date.
4. Try switching to fullscreen and different resolutions.
5. Try switching to different version of osu!
TheVileOne
All of these spikes are recorded in a performance.log in your Logs folder. You can also see what kind of spike it is in cutting edge with ctrl F11. If it's a white spoike then probably something external to the game causing it.
Topic Starter
xVex

TheVileOne wrote:

All of these spikes are recorded in a performance.log in your Logs folder. You can also see what kind of spike it is in cutting edge with ctrl F11. If it's a white spoike then probably something external to the game causing it.
Prozessor:Pentium D 3.40Ghz
Ram:4gb
64 Bit win 7

So actually this helped me. It was an white spike and i deinstalled some programms that might cause this issue and for now its working perfectly .. i hope it stays like that.

Thank you for all the help