forum

[Archived] Bizarre problem I have never experienced before.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ferox-
So this morning I was playing Osu! like normal. Then I tried to play a beatmap on Mania. What resulted was a loading screen of eternity. After I alt tabbed to try to close it, my whole computer froze up and I had to use the power button to force shutdown. I then proceeded to restart my computer and start Osu! back up. I tried to play a map on standard but that resulted in a loading screen of eternity as well. This time when I alt-tabbed it didn't freeze, I then proceeded to close the game by using the "close window" button on the taskbar, which forced me out of the loading screen. After that I tried numerous things to get it to work (reinstalling, repairing osu, etc.) but none of them have worked as of the time of me posting this topic. I'm pretty sure this is because of a corrupted beatmap which caused this, but it should've been fixed when I reinstalled it. It's not my computer, but it has been running very slowly since this happened. Pls help, I don't want all of that time spent clicking circles to go to waste.

EDIT: After I tried doing everything to make it work I somehow got standard to work, but none of the other game modes work, they just give me a loading screen of eternity. I have also updated Osu! to the fallback stable version, but it still isn't working.
NeVMiku
Try pressing Shift while starting osu! and check the "Commpatibility Mode" box under Renderer. See if that helps.

You should get a window like this:

If not then try right clicking the shortcut > Properties > Compatibility Tab and then enable Compatibility Mode.

Also please provide more specs of your PC. And stuff like: has this happened before? Your graphics card? What Windows are you using? When did this start happening? etc.
Topic Starter
Ferox-

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Try pressing Shift while starting osu! and check the "Commpatibility Mode" box under Renderer. See if that helps.
You should get a window like this:

If not then try right clicking the shortcut > Properties > Compatibility Tab and then enable Compatibility Mode.
Also please provide more specs of your PC. And stuff like: has this happened before? Your graphics card? What Windows are you using? When did this start happening? etc.

Compatibility Mode didn't work.
PC Specs are as follows:
CPU: 2.8 GHz Intel I3
GPU: GeForce 9500 GT
8 GB RAM
Also, the title says "Bizarre problem I have never experienced before"
I am using Windows 7
The the topic clearly states that it started happening this morning.
Sorry if I sound rude, I just get irritated when people ask questions when the answer is right in front of their face.

EDIT: .-. It was my skin this entire time, it had some files that were missing so it couldn't load the gamemodes correctly. Sorry if I caused a bit of trouble.
TheVileOne
It would be help to have a skin to test with so this problem can be fixed.