forum

dj TAKA feat. AiMEE - True Blue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Natsu
Beatmap Link:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/917430

So, I have a high doubt about the difficulty spread in this mapset the gap between each diff is a bit huge.

What you guys think about the spread? is fine? is bad? or what you think is the best way to proceed with this beatmap?

I was thinking about boost hard and normal diff and tell the mapper to map an easy, but there can be another options, so I want to hear more opinions.
Sonnyc
Since the mapper decided to use 3 difficulties in this mapset, I guess it was inevitable that the spread being wide.

Normal: Mostly 1/1 rhythm along seldom 1/2 usage. Relatively close spacing with cs3.
Hard: Several 1/2 with several 1/4 usage. No jumps, distance snapping heavily mapped.
Insane: Lots of 1/4, but the rhythm is a little complicated. Several jumps including ones from 1/4.

Maybe the rhythm density from normal to hard went a liiiitle bigger than expected. Reducing some 1/4 rhythms in hard might be possible if the gap from normal to hard is really a problem, but I honestly think the current spread is fine enough since insane is highly complicated, and normal is quite simple. (Though it feels really marginal, considering it's a 3 diff spread.)

Boosting NH and adding an easy might work too, but I'm not for this option since the normal feels to be designed as the lowest difficulty. Close object spacings will be that sign.
Kibbleru
agree with sonnyc

spread looks fine to me,

entire mapset seems like a rhythm based mapset rather than jump based, the few jumps in insane i cant really even call them jumps.

the rhythm progression looks pretty good to me though.
Topic Starter
Natsu
btw guys, need more feedback here, anyone? ><
HappyRocket88

Sonnyc wrote:

Boosting NH and adding an easy might work too, but I'm not for this option since the normal feels to be designed as the lowest difficulty. Close object spacings will be that sign.
Totally agree. Normal plays as an Easy diff so that's why the gap of the Normal and the Hard is somehow questionable. Perhaps following the DS of the Hard to avoid those "little" jumps would fit here.
Topic Starter
Natsu
well, yeah the spread is ¨fine¨, but my doubt is until which point this will be acceptable, because we can make really large spreads, just an example with the star rating for an easy explain, we can have intervals 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc.. so my main doubt is you think the current spread is acceptable? because in the beatmap thread we have a BN and a QAT not happy with the current spread. So that make me doubt alot..

@HappyRocket88 and yeah normal diff is more like an easy actually, also the rhythm is really complex at hard diff.

Anyways more opinions pls!
Topic Starter
Natsu
we done here too!