forum

[Archived] No Sound in Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
Yeah, as the title says, whenever I get onto osu, there is no sound. I know that it isn't my speakers or headphones as YouTube and other websites' audio works fine. I've already tried uninstalling then reinstalling osu, but it hasn't helped at all.

I've seen that this is a common issue that has been going on for years, and I'm surprised that it still hasn't been fixed.
Lacrimosa
Reinstalling the game is not a solution.

Have you check if osu! is muted in the volume mixer?

Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
Yes, I checked but it doesn't even appear in the volume mixer...
Lacrimosa
Hmm what version are you using?
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
I updated it to the latest version literally a couple of minutes ago ^^
Lacrimosa
Ugh... I don't know what it may be. Give a try and repair osu!. Hold shift and double click the osu! icon on your desktop, osu! configuration should pop up, then just hit the repair button.
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
Hmm... I tried it but it still didn't fix anything...
Well this is an annoying bug :T

Anyone else got a possible solution?
meii18
Are the master,music and effects volume lowered to 0%?
Just move the little 'wheel' from the middle of the mouse so you will increase the volume of the master,music and effects
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
No, all are at 100%
meii18
Well seems that it's because of output device?
<- My apologies for having it in romanian (Dispozitiv de iesire - Output Device)
If not, maybe it's something not in order with osu! though
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
I don't think it's that either as I never changed the output settings..
I tried changing them around now but none of the others work. The speakers work fine everywhere else just not on osu, so I'm sure the problem lies with osu and not my device
Pawsu
Do make sure your output device is correct -

Quoting from VeilStar from another thread -

VeilStar wrote:

Make sure that you have your sound device selected in the options menu and that the master volume isn't at 0% if you haven't already.

I don't see any reason for osu! specifically to not have any sound if those settings are correct. The sound devices list should be the same as you can find in the Sound window in the windows control panel. If you're still having issues, can you take a screenshot of the Sound window found in the windows cp? I vaguely recall someone having an issue with their sound in osu! due to 2 of their sound devices having identical names.
DavidBAMF
Check your output devices and select the one that osu! is on in the audio section

Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
I have tried both options for me, and neither work. Both are at max volume.

rockinbobber31
Make sure you have the correct devices set as default in your sound settings.
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
Yeah that isn't the problem either ^^''
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
bumping up bc i still haven't found a solution Dx
Lacrimosa

Wolf4ever8 wrote:

Does this only occur on osu! ? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers?
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8

Nikosbks wrote:

Wolf4ever8 wrote:

Does this only occur on osu! ? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers?
Yes, it only happens in Osu!
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
I'm at a loss as to why this thread has been put into 'Resolved Issues' when I still haven't been able to find a solution
:T
Pawsu
All posts in Help get moved (archived) after 3 months of inactivity. It'll get put back when a moderator sees it.
Topic Starter
Wolf4ever8
Oh right, apologies then ^

Also bumping, still have this issue D: