forum

[Archived] Audio desync issues on ThinkPad T420, offset does not fix.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AilurusNOx
Problem Details: I play osu!mania, and I just purchased myself a new laptop, since then I've had severe audio desync between osu! and my sound card, hitsounds are entirely out of sync from when I hit a key. The Universal offset is set to 0, and no matter how much I change it back and forth, it causes even more desync and it just does not sound right at all. Even changing hit position, playing on the default skin, etc, none of it works the way it should. I have a Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD sound card in a Lenovo T420 14" laptop with Windows 7 Home 64-bit, and I play with your average pair of earbuds plugged in to the 3.5mm headphone jack. I don't know why it's doing it, but it's so annoying.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://i.imgur.com/2wH53gh.jpg (The offset is set to zero (0) mind you, and even if I move it forwards, or backwards, it remains just as desynced if not even worse)

osu! version: 20160422.1cuttingedge
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure any external sound alteration programs like surround sound or bass boost is disabled. Also, make sure to have your fps limiter set to Unlimited (F7)
Topic Starter
AilurusNOx
I double checked the settings, my sample rate is 16-bit 44.1kHz, not a single effect is enabled, and frame limiter is set to unlimited. I don't think it's an FPS or Vsync issue, as Vsync is disabled on my NVIDIA NVS 4200M.
Lacrimosa
Are you sure you are not running any sound processing software? Read this.