forum

[Archived] Stable40 / Stable (Latest) Performance Issues

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pentinor
Performance issues across all builds but fallback is noticeably better. Using compatibility mode fixes the problem.

PC Specs.
i7-2600
980ti (drivers up to date version 361.91)
win7
Dual Monitors 1920x1080 x2
Osu! running at 1920x1080 fullscreen with frame limit set to unlimited during gameplay

Havent played in awhile but 1300+ fps and 4.2 latency used to be standard for me during gameplay. Now fps is around 140-180 and latency is all over the place jumping from 5.5-7 and sometimes up to 8. Fallback build is slightly better. 500fps during gameplay but latency is still pushing 6+. Turning on compatibility seems to fix it the problem across all builds.
KornFlakes

FrzR wrote:

PC Specifications:
Intel Core i3-3220
GTX 650 Ti
8GB DDR3
Windows 10 Professional

I have issues with latency, in which osu! on Stable(Latest) as well with other builds does not go completely full screen, but on Stable(fallback) seems to have no issues with latency at all. My attempts on solving the issue is restarting the PC, and run osu! afterwards but still the latency issue still occurs in the later hours of usage, probably when browsers are opened etc.

I noticed when the game is not completely go on fullscreen, changing the Windows volume through leopard commands, the volume meter appears on the upper right while when it's on the intended fullscreen it does not appear like other games running on fullscreen. Example image provided below. Thank you very much.

Having the exact same problem. Mouse is delayed, feels laggy compared to fallback. It's bad enough for me to fail a lot.

i5-4710mq
Nvidia 860m
Win10
[Hiiro Sakaki]
PC Specification :
Intel Core i5-4200H
GTX 960M
8GO DDR3
Win 7 64Bits

I used to be at stable 240 fps on the Stable build, but with the implementation of the forced compatibilty mode with Nvidia GPU, my FPS are not stable and are around 80-90 while having latency. This does not happen on FallBack. (Ps : I play with Fullscreen, borderless mode brings latency)
verto
Taiko gameplay is really choppy, like it is running on 30fps, even though the counter is well over that. With DT it has the same symptoms but worse.
Fullscreen, reduce dropped frames option does nothing.

Fps limiter doesn't work, only produces different problems like notes lagging back and forth while scrolling.
Vsync is the only limiter that works, but even that has lower performance on DT and does random back and forth lags once in a while.

This occurs on my laptop as well, although it has lower specs.

I don't seem to have a gl_info.txt file.

Tried cutting edge and stable as well, though I've had this problem for a really long time now.

log: http://puu.sh/nkgp6/360e1c8ab3.log
ikram98
I play Mania and i feel choppy on some beatmap but only on the beginning, it make me fail.

It was because my offset goes so high, now it run normally.
farsdewibs0n
My game is lagging in osu! mode (other modes works perfectly fine, maybe lag when combos around 240+ in CtB, arond 500 in Mania, and a lot of misses in Taiko which jums to 5 fps)
When I spectate/Replay/Auto, it runs smoothly on 350+fps
My driver is up to date
CPU:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @2.20GHz (4 CPUs)
RAM: 4096 GB
DirectX version: 11
Display: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (Memory of 2135 MB)
Render: AMD Radeon HD 8500M (Memory of 3836 MB)
lit120
i got lag during playing osu! std mode only. including playing with DT mod on on high BPMs. when i watched a replay, seems ok, but watching someone playing on 2

i'm playing with 800x600 res. from 1366x768 (using laptop), no letterbox

specs:
  1. Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  2. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
  3. RAM: 4096MB
  4. DirectX Version: DirectX 11
  5. Render: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M
farsdewibs0n

lit120 wrote:

i got lag during playing osu! std mode only. including playing with DT mod on on high BPMs. when i watched a replay, seems ok, but watching someone playing on 2

i'm playing with 800x600 res. from 1366x768 (using laptop), no letterbox

specs:
  1. Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  2. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
  3. RAM: 4096MB
  4. DirectX Version: DirectX 11
  5. Render: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M

Have you enable "reduce dropped frames" and "check issue"
helion
My last post from 4 months ago: p/4618660

Decided to check the lastest/experimental builds again. Lag spikes seem to be gone, but there's still significant input lag compared to fallback which feels smooth and direct. (Both full-screened, no frame limiter.)

Not a performance issue, but there's also the thing about non-fallback not being able to launch on non-primary monitors anymore. It seems like this is a known issue (not sure actually, since that post is 9 months old), but I won't switch before this is fixed because doing it manually every launch is a pain in the neck.
raupy
The performance issues just got worse. Like, when moving my mouse in the menu kinda quick even leads to fps drops and it's absolutely unplayable.
i7 4770k
GTX 780#
2560x1440 fullscreen
16gb ram

performance.log: http://pastebin.com/CKTJtScp
Yutsuten
The problem I am having:
- My problem don't occur regularly, only sometimes. Something like 1 time per day, and I play about 30~40 minutes per day. In gameplay, and for no logical reason, my game just freezes for seconds (something between 2 and 4 sec). When the game recover from the freeze, I get a lot of misses (and often lose the game).
- My compatibility mode is currently turned off. Haven't tried turning it on.
- I have 2 GPUs: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce 820M. According to "runtime.log" in my Logs folder, the game is running with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. (I'll try to change it to run with the GeForce)
- I'm running on full-screen mode.

I'm looking for the "gl_info.txt" on my osu! folder, but I cannot find it...
I'm on Stable (Latest) now, and I'll switch to Cutting Edge to see if the issue persists. Any notice I'll post the performance.log !

EDIT
I got the freeze while playing on Cutting Edge. It was kind of different of what I'm used to, it was like a combo of lags.
Here the information on performance.log: http://pastebin.com/0dQVUdTL
Grizzlywolf
Problem: Lag spikes(random short freezes, they are random but they cost me a lot)
Compatibilty mode: On or off, there is no difference
Specs: Only having this issue on my laptop(4gb ram, Celeron 1005m, integrated gpu(Intel HD)
I'm running fullscreen, this issue started happening about 5 months ago, I think. Tried reinstalling osu.
I can't provide gl_info, since that file doesn't exist in my folder. There are many people reporting this issue from what I've seen. Please, for fucks sake, fix this already.
- Marii -
In CtB mode, the catcher is "invisible". The fruits still appear, but it's just that the catcher is missing.

EDIT: I discovered that there is a bug with different skins, but with the default skin, it's fine.
-Squishy
my retry and watch again buttons are gone all of a sudden and nothing happens when i click around the area

some of my skins have this issue while other skins don't
this only happened after the update a few days ago
Grizzlywolf
Seriously guys, do you need some fucking logs or something maybe? I am willing to cooperate just say what you need. Just fucking notice us and stop my fucking osu from lagging!
endou10ma
the Latest update have problems for me.
-After clearing a map on std,the screen stays black and will not go back to menu screen,the only way i can get out of there is by using task manager ive had compability mode switched on and off,this doesnt resolve the problem.
-at the song selection screen.the cursor is not moving around smoothly
-if i turned compability mode off,when im playing a beatmap,the cursor sometimes doesn't respond,ths ends up making misses for me
oh and sorry for my english
Draethon
Computer Stats (Provided by DXDiag)

System Info
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.0GHz (osu! is using both)
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5602MB RAM
-
Display Info
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 8210
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9834)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Display Memory: 3296 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 2801 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown

Stable (Latest)

- What kind of performance problems are you seeing? Low framerate throughout the game? Lag spikes? How often? How long do the spikes last?
My performance problems are with lag spikes. 1 - 4 lag spikes for a minute.

- Is compatibility mode turned on in options? Can you turn it off?
It has always been off.

- What GPU are you running on? Do you have two GPUs in your PC? Have you tried both?
As far as I know of, it only has one GPU. (AMD Radeon HD 8210)

- Are you running fullscreen? If not, please try this before posting.
I've always had it on full screen.

- Switch to cutting edge and wait for the lag spikes, then include performance.log from the Logs folder in your osu! folder.
Link to file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2tk8gruwc73e ... e.log?dl=0 (must download file to view - please message me to get a copy and paste instead)

- Video showing exactly what you are experiencing.
Will provide later.
yumikuchan

endou10ma wrote:

-After clearing a map on std,the screen stays black and will not go back to menu screen,the only way i can get out of there is by using task manager ive had compability mode switched on and off,this doesnt resolve the problem.
I'm having the same problem, but the way i get out is alt + F4 and the song i just played doesn't save the score. Also, i tried switching to cutting edge but it seems normal.
MoarteKontis
I just did the update, and now i cannot use my keyboard.
Anyone else having this issue?
KnightlyAurora
I'm trying to play my beatmaps after updating to the most recent update, and what keeps happening is that the song lags behind the beatmapping and it's severely throwing me off.
My Angel Jessey
Windows 10
AMD Radeon 2600 PRO
Intel Pentium 3 2,8GHz
1024MB RAM

Stable (Latest).
In every skin game wont render sliderbody and I cant fix it.

Debug_DisableSliderRendering is 0 and ForceSliderRender = 1.
Also when I'm turning compatibility off, problem not solving. (same thing at fullscreen)
sebbyrocks

yukarichanxx wrote:

When i update my osu! and i open i always see white scree :angry:

Me too :cry:
gosai
-low framerate after few beatmaps played
-Compatibilty mode turned off
- I'm running on one of my 2 GPU : Intel(R) HD graphics 5500 and i tried both of them and it's laggy with both , 2nd GPU= AMD Radeon M255
-I'm running fullscreen

the only solution is to restart my osu when i reach 14 ms of input lag even when i'm restarting my game i can't get my max of fps .

thx
Deivedux
I've some performance issues since holiday:fps drop, high input latency...everything basic, but really annoying. I even use compatibility mode and disabled snaking sliders, but nothing much changed. They most annoying thing, is the input latency. I thought that this game has to be a rhythm based game and I don't have to "guess" if I'm aiming correctly or not. With it I can't get better at this game, only farm more pp and hope that other people think that I play good.

Processor Type: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU
Processor Speed: 1.80GHz
Memory size: 4096 MB RAM
Graphics card: Intel 1999
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AlexMcMercer
pls help every time i change my osu to Stable (Latest) it kept reverting back to the fall back version help
Wolftyui
Ingame lags when i play with Stabil Latest version.Pls help me ._.
nUbpro1
Specs:
8GB Ram
3.5GHz 8-core processor from AMD
GTX 660 Superclocked

So my Osu! is running at a terrible framerate and giving false readings for the framerate display in the bottom right. It says somewhere around 210 (which wasn't a problem until today for some reason, I always hit or exceeded the 240 mark on Unlimited gameplay), but is obviously somewhere around maybe 45-ish frames. That's just what it looks like to the eyes at least. I've tried literally everything: configuring the .cfg file, tweaking every setting in Osu!, and even a clean fresh install. Still nothing. I have even reset Osu!to its default profile in the Nvidia Control Panel, but still nothing works.

I also deleted my personal .cfg file to see if Osu! would recreate the files, which it did, but it said I was running a version of Win8.1 which is poppycock, because I upgraded to win10 a week ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers a couple days after that, but it still wasn't a problem until today. Also tried the default skin and it's just as bad. As it stands, I really hope this is fixed because i know my friend has trouble with the latest release and has to use the version right before this one. That's not the issue for me though because I've tried the stable fallback version and it doesn't work either. All i want is to break 100k by the end of this summer and I'm 103.6k right now plus I'm leaving for 8 days tomorrow :(.

P.S. I just want to reiterate that this has never been a problem before, and when setting my framerate to unlimited when I had the option before, i would get an excess of 800 frames.

Edit #1: tried to force my pre-rendered frames to 4 in the Nvidia control panel, as a multiple of 240 to hopefully fix the issue, but no solution yet.

could someone list the commands for the user .cfg file?? I'm sure i could whip a solution together if I could only change the values to actual commands.
nUbpro1

NightWolf wrote:

Ingame lags when i play with Stabil Latest version.Pls help me ._.
Might want to go into your personal .cfg file and edit some stuff. Go inti where your Osu! file is, locate the file that says "name of your computer".cfg and open it and find these two commands with Ctr + F:

FrameSync
and
FrameSyncGL

pro tip, just type in "frame" and jump 'til you find the files. Change both of the files to 1, so it should look something like "FrameSync = 1" etc.. Also disable VSync in any program that may be able to limit Osu!'s limelight, such as the Nvidia control panel, or EVGA Precision or something like that. If not that works for you friend, then you're in the same boat as me bud. Buckle up because doesn't look like this issue is being fixed any time soon. This thread was made 8 months ago :/
Desta3202
- Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.80 Ghz
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Single language Windows 8 64-bit

why beatmaps video on my laptop lag ?, whereas previously smooth course?

plzz help me... :( :(
nUbpro1
Just an update. I've fixed my issue with the framerate lag and improper readings. If anyone has problems in this are and has Windows 10, either 32 or 64-bit, go to the xbox app and disable the game DVR. Even though you may not have ever opened it, it still is on by default. Worked for me.

Edit #1: This don't do it.
ChampionChaos
We are well aware that there are performance issues for a minority of users out there using our new OpenGL-only release. If you are, try closing it and report back if it helps.

First, check if you are running any of this software:
- F.lux
- Shadowplay (disable desktop recording mode)
- Raptr

I don't have or run these programs

Please post here if it affects you, with AS MUCH detail as possible.

Minimum you should post:
- What kind of performance problems are you seeing? Low framerate throughout the game? Lag spikes? How often? How long do the spikes last?

I have massive lag spikes where ms usually goes up to 1000ms and it makes me fail,these lag spikes have been happening randomly,it can happen to have 2 in one song,or i can play 15min without them

I have tried playing with and without compability mode and i still have lag spikes in either case

- What GPU are you running on? Do you have two GPUs in your PC? Have you tried both?

Only one gpu,Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Even when i am in fullscreen or not i still have lag spikes

https://youtu.be/TPNdDWB9Du4

Since i don't know how to post performance logs and things like that this is all i can do.
linkuan
Latest stable release.

Monitor is 60hz
Resolution is 1280x720 Running in fullscreen.
Intel HD Graphics
Pentium 4 3.20GHz
Windows 7 SP1
Framerate set to unlimited

The framerate is stable at 80fps during gameplay. The only problem with this OpenGL-only versions is an input delay, not in the mouse but the keyboard. It happens very often during gameplay, without custom skins, graphics settings all off, no video nor storyboard, and dim at 100%. With compatibility mode both enabled or disabled.

For now I'm using the fallback version, but it would be better to just use the latest.
class3f
peppy, I want to ask,, reactivate my account which OSU_player 209,, .. :( :( :( :( :(

I'm sorry peppy've made a lot of accounts :( :( :( :(

please remove the osu account named watanukiSAMA79 ;)
mambila2001
Monitor is 75hz
1280x1024
Nvidia GT 620
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz > overclocked to 2.88
Windows 10
Framerate unlimited

could not play Stable, sets to fallback. 10 FPS since the update
Multiface
Dunno if it just came recently since I haven't been playing that much, but I've been feeling sudden stutter. These stutters came up randomly, last for a split of a second, which gives a visual delay and pause the bar movement (CTB). These stutters can sometime be game-changing, as the pause both messes up my rhythm and mess up the catcher's movement, and having this in a middle of a jump means you'll not reach the fruit in time. While I can cope with it, I can certainly use a quality of life improvement, in case anyone knows how to fix this
On a side note, just once, recently, osu gave me insane stutter that lasted until restart. These stutters last 3-5 secs and always happens at the same time for any song (means that if you replay the same song, 100% it will stutter at the same spot).

I'm running a MSI laptop. Specs:
Intel i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz;
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 950M
Windows 10.
I play on fullscreen mode.
Ima_Villionaire
I downloaded the new update and the game continues to crash on startup. I legit can't do anything before it stops responding. Any one have any ideas on what I should do?
albio
- F.lux: don't know what it is
- Shadowplay: i activate this only when i have to record something then i turn it off because it causes some lag
- Raptr: don't know what it is

Minimum you should post:
everything started when i tried some program from a happysticks video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFIbap_h4s) "FixMyPen" aware of the fact that it was for tablets i tried it, even if i play with a mouse. my latency jumped to a standard 6ms and 4000 reports/sec; also while i play, the game keeps stuttering. I thought it was because of the program messed up everything (it probably did) so i reinstalled win 10 fresh new. it did solve the problem, but for a week only, then it got messed up again.
the reason why i'm posting this here is that on the fallback version the problem disappear, both with directx and opengl. also cutting edge has the problem.
i also noticed that very often on latest, fps don't reach 240 (on menus) and hardly keeps on 144 Hz (in game, i play with unlimited fps)
but the fallback isn't as good as the latest in terms of stability, so i'd like a solution :(

about settings and system:

- Is compatibility mode turned on in options? Can you turn it off? compatibility made no changes
- What GPU are you running on? Do you have two GPUs in your PC? Have you tried both? only one
- Are you running fullscreen? If not, please try this before posting. fullscreen and letterbox, tried every combination, no changes

processor: AMD A10 5800k
graphics: GTX 760
ram: 8GB 1660 Hz
mouse & keyboard: octane kit
monitor: 144 Hz 1920x1080
slyphnier
probably someone already posted the issue
well i am another person that have various issue with latest version
the major issue is that it forcing me on "full screen"
letter box option seems not working properly

other than that (which i consider minor) basically my setting is wiped upon updated to latest version, but this is kinda common when updating to major version
... i also database error (this notice show up after i roll back to previous stable )
havent look for more issue, but hopefully everything else is just fine
i hope dev. can take a look on "full screen issue"

win10-64bit
nvidia gtx780 (driver ver.368.81)
Manivela

peppy wrote:

We are well aware that there are performance issues for a minority of users out there using our new OpenGL-only release. If you are, try closing it and report back if it helps.

- F.lux
- Shadowplay (disable desktop recording mode)
- Raptr

Minimum you should post:

Extra things you can do:
- Provide gl_info.txt from your osu! folder.
- Switch to cutting edge and wait for the lag spikes, then include performance.log from the Logs folder in your osu! folder.

If you'd like to take the next step, join us on slack in #cuttingedge and we can try and give you help in real-time.
I recently bought a new laptop(msi gt72-2qe) and Osu! seems to have Issues on it, Everything else runs fine. I uninstalled all the software that came preinstalled except SCM.
Your questions:
-Im not running any of those programs.
-I get lag spikes randomly throughout a song It sometimes happens multiple times in a song and sometimes doesn't happen at all. they last about a second maybe even shorter.
-compatibility mode is turned off.
-running a gtx 980m and the onboard intel graphics(4th gen) but the game barely runs on the onboard card so thats not really an option.
-game is running fullscreen.

relevant?:
Im on a very poor Internet connection(like 0.1kbps up/2-3kbps down).I have about 3.6k songs and 20-30 skins, using a logitech g300 mouse and a wacom ctl-480 tablet.

things I have tried so far:
-turning all the performance affecting options off(sb,skins, etc.)
-changed some settings in the NVIDIA control panel that other people suggested in other posts.
-quit all the other programs on the computer(steam,battle.net, etc.)
-updated graphics driver
-updated sound card driver
-uninstalled sound card feature program thingy(nahimic)
-uninstalled and reinstalled osu!

Extra stuff:
-couldn't find gl_info.txt in my osu! folder
-couldn't catch the lag spike on ctrl+f11(it moves so fast), I can try recording a video of it if its necessary.
-performance.log(couldn't fit in a box had to link to dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvtl2or9jk4d5v1/performance.log?dl=0
-glview(wiki said to include this so...): https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x2lytntgk1st2v/glview-GeForce%20GTX%20980M_PCIe_SSE2-11.XML?dl=0

Tell me if there is anything else I can post here that would help.
KillerPanda
I am using none of those programs on the list and shadowplay is disabled
I use
CPU: AMD Phenon II x4 960T 3Gh
RAM: 4Gb ddr3 ram 803MHz
GPU: 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

The problem I am having is whenever i play a map i will typically get a lag spike that drops from 240-140 and it last for about a second or shorter, this happens at least once on every map. I took a video but when it lags it doesn't register that I press a key so it is if I was holding a key down instead, the music however doesn't slow down, stutter. Compatibility mode is turned off at the moment but with it on it still has the lag spike. I am only using my GTX 970 currently. I Usually do run on fullscreen except for recording, this problem occurs when fullscreen and when I'm not in fullscreen

I could not find gl_info.txt
https://mega.nz/#!TRFzGDhb!02fBTLjF2w-Hc2a9vMI5VFmnutT4E1MuWjc98YovoH8
Sorry its a download link.
I made a video and uploaded to Youtube but I get the lag spike at about 40 seconds, I don't know how to get a better quality video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJUTurb2Lig
show more