forum

Black ★ Rock Shooter (Dead Master) v0.8

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chompey
The Dead Master Project was recently revived and will receive a heavy re-work. Everything you currently see below my quote in this main post is outdated at the moment and anything is subject to change unless other-wise noted.

Chompey wrote:

So, it's been a bit over 2 years. Boy does time fly.

Ever since I quit Osu, I stopped working on this skin and beatmaps all together, not to mention my skills at photo editing weren't that spectacular back in that period of time. I decided to hop on Mediafire to upload something academic-related when I saw the amount of people who downloaded this skin. I was in shock by the amount of downloads. Like seriously, it was beyond 4 digits. I downloaded the skin myself as well and skimmed through its condition.

Oh my gosh was the font terrible and the effects cut-off and what not, euuugh.

I seriously regret leaving this skin as trash now, so I decided to come back to this thread and notify those who still use this skin that I swear I will update this skin this weekend and make it fucking glorious.

My deepest apologies to those who still use this beta version as well, because my gosh it really is terrible. I'll get to work on this skin asap after I return home Friday.

In the meantime, for those who see this and are interested in this project, they can feel free to throw out suggestions as to what they would like to see. Feel free to critique on how damn awful the skin currently is as well, because I 100% agree. Also if there is another Dead Master skin, please do say so. This will not influence me to stop this re-work, rather I will take notes of what the other skin does and do my best to avoid what he/she has done with their skin, so as to not make a duplicate.
Two skins are currently in development; Black Rock Shooter and Dead Master. This is the Dead Master thread, the Black Rock Shooter thread can be found here.

Skin Name: Dead Master
Creator: Chompey
Theme: The skin is based off of Black Rock Shooter's Dead Master.
Version: v0.8 Alpha
Tags: Dead Master Black Rock Shooter Green Skull
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?r0alyph8r0uguhx (Alpha 9.95mb)
Instructions: Extract the rar in your main Osu folder, the skin will go directly to the directory it should be in.

Comments: Well I certainly did cheap out with the new update, barely skimming midnight. I apologize for that, but I wanted to finish as much as I could for this next update. I plan on going beta (100% completion) in the next two days as well, so please drop back any feedback you have on my skin, thanks!

Known problems with their solutions: (Problems will be addressed and fixed, no exceptions).

SPOILER
★ Approach circle for some reason making playing slightly more difficult than it should be (maybe because of its thicker size).

Font is a mess; recommended to just change the font to something else entirely. Added a better font system, and it's looking snazzy.

Approach circle causes difficulty on some backgrounds for knowing when to hit the notes. This problem has been resolved.

Screenshots: (Take note that various things are still unskinned at the moment, that will change later on).

Dead Master, pretty much my favorite character from the BRS franchise. Not only do I love the transition of green and black, I love her style, figure, attire and overall look. This is why I chose her really, so I hope that all you DM lovers will enjoy this skin as much as I did making it for everyone in Osu!

Updates: v0.8 Alpha - Replaced most of the font with the new design in mind (this includes rankings, scores and defaults), added another comboburst, added mod and button designs, optimized some images and skinned some other things. IMPORTANT NOTE: The 100k, 300k and 300g images will be changed as soon as I find the appropriate pictures for them, for now the placeholder will be as such.

v0.5 Alpha- Added a 0hit and star/star2 image and optimized some combobursts. Skin is now available for download.

v0.4 - Added various new things such as the menu-button, cursor w/ trail, back button, experimental font (It's meh to me at the moment, I'll no doubt change it. But I'll probably do that after hearing suggestions from you people), a new panel (Still not done with it fully). I optimized some images but, I kinda forgot what they were hehe. Also added two screenshots.

v0.3 - Made some changes including hitcircle, approachcircle, combobursts, CTB figure, and some spinner optimizations.

v0.1 - Made a spinner and added a playfield and game-over screen. Also added a section-pass and fail.
atruong18
I finals will be in the 2nd week of June, so after that I will have more free time then than now.

If you have any suggestions for us, ideas or comments, just feel free to tell us.
MMzz
It's really hard to read "Retry" on the one snapshot >:
And when I read it it says "Betry"
Topic Starter
Chompey

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Don't worry that's just a placeholder. I'm experimenting through various other fonts and styles, for now that's just a picture of "one" of these experimentations, of which I don't approve of much either.

The spinner is a different story though. I'm pretty much satisfied with how it is, though I might change minor things later on.
MMzz

Chompey wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Don't worry that's just a placeholder. I'm experimenting through various other fonts and styles, for now that's just a picture of "one" of these experimentations, of which I don't approve of much either.

The spinner is a different story though. I'm pretty much satisfied with how it is, though I might change minor things later on.
The spinner is very nice :3
Rolled

MittenMasterzz wrote:

it's amazing never change it.

spinner is ridiculous too. moar
Nanao-kun
This looks great. How's the current progress?
Topic Starter
Chompey

Nanao-kun wrote:

This looks great. How's the current progress?
Tron gave up on the project with me. So I can't gaurantee a skin for BRS or BGS. I as well stopped skinning DM, but I'd hate to leave this unfinished considering I did make quite some progress, so all I can say is I can finish up DM. Sorry to disappoint you guys on the other 2 chars though...

EDIT: Also, in case you were wondering, no it does not take two freaking months to complete a skin. This should've been done in at most 2 weeks. But...ugh..I didn't think the project would just drop like that. But no matter, I will do my best to make sure I deliver the DM beta skin by the end of this week.
Nanao-kun
Can you give me some information as to how they were going to be made? We're the fonts going to be the same for each? We're they going to be fundamentally the same except with different color themes and characters?

I've always wanted to try my hand at a skin, particularly for BRS, but I can't move ahead without any information. Being completely original is too much of a step for me right now.

EDIT: I suppose I should wait for the alpha though, at least.

I don't have any experience though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help.
Topic Starter
Chompey

Nanao-kun wrote:

Can you give me some information as to how they were going to be made? We're the fonts going to be the same for each? We're they going to be fundamentally the same except with different color themes and characters?

I've always wanted to try my hand at a skin, particularly for BRS, but I can't move ahead without any information. Being completely original is too much of a step for me right now.

EDIT: I suppose I should wait for the alpha though, at least.

I don't have any experience though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help.
Well the general themes we were going for was as follows:

For Dead Master, a green/black theme with sharp-gothic type of font. For BRS, a blue/black theme with a modern-techno type of font.

So in other words, the BRS skin would have entirely different elements, it wasn't going to be just a color change with minor tweaks. If you want to give a try on it be my guest, I don't really have plans on doing an entire BRS skin myself, but I"m willing to help you out with it.

EDIT: If you want to talk about it, just add me on Skype or xfire. My username is xyrhoshi.
Nanao-kun

Chompey wrote:

Well the general themes we were going for was as follows:

For Dead Master, a green/black theme with sharp-gothic type of font. For BRS, a blue/black theme with a modern-techno type of font.

So in other words, the BRS skin would have entirely different elements, it wasn't going to be just a color change with minor tweaks. If you want to give a try on it be my guest, I don't really have plans on doing an entire BRS skin myself, but I"m willing to help you out with it.

EDIT: If you want to talk about it, just add me on Skype or xfire. My username is xyrhoshi.
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, I have neither a skype or xfire account. Well, I have a skype account but I haven't used it for a long time. I've only ever bothered to chat on IRC.

I somehow decided on using this for the menu-back thing.

And the two on the left for section pass and section fail. I'll probably change it though.

EDIT: No idea what I'm trying to accomplish here.

EDIT 7/24/10: I suddenly had a great idea. Not sure how many people will like it though.

EDIT: 7/24/10 A little later: God damn it, what part did cut I it off at before I resized it?!

EDIT: 7/24/10 A little more later: Oh wait, I didn't resize it in the first place. Teeheehee~

Woops. Didn't separate the face in half properly. I'll have to do it again.

Well, good news is I know how do it properly so it'll take less time then before.
Nanao-kun
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!
Missing numbers though.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow.
sveta-insane
looks great!
Topic Starter
Chompey
This is just a notice to those that Nanao-kun has decided to take charge in the BRS part of the skin series. So that means BRS and DM will both be released, though DM will be finished earlier. Also in case you haven't noticed, Alpha is out now. So please reply with some feedback on it, thanks.

EDIT: He made a seperate thread for it :I
Arusha Shuna
it's Black ★ Rock Shooter
not Black Rock ★ Shooter

good luck with the skin though! :> it's been quite sometime since your announcement of the skin
Topic Starter
Chompey

Arusha Shuna wrote:

it's Black ★ Rock Shooter
not Black Rock ★ Shooter

good luck with the skin though! :> it's been quite sometime since your announcement of the skin
Oh, my bad. Thanks for the insight, and thanks for the luck lol.
Topic Starter
Chompey
Just letting you folks know that version 0.8 is now out! Just a few more hours then I can get everything done and move to 1.0 Beta! Wooo!! -hype/excitement-
Nanao-kun
Looks like you finally decided to update.
Topic Starter
Chompey

Nanao-kun wrote:

Looks like you finally decided to update.
I may take my time updating, but I update big.
Firo Prochainezo
It's kinda difficult to see because of the colors, but it's still wonderful :D good job!
rouxe
^^ muy hermoso ¡¡ x3
Topic Starter
Chompey
So, it's been a bit over 2 years. Boy does time fly.

Ever since I quit Osu, I stopped working on this skin and beatmaps all together, not to mention my skills at photo editing weren't that spectacular back in that period of time. I decided to hop on Mediafire to upload something academic-related when I saw the amount of people who downloaded this skin. I was in shock by the amount of downloads. Like seriously, it was beyond 4 digits. I downloaded the skin myself as well and skimmed through its condition.

Oh my gosh was the font terrible and the effects cut-off and what not, euuugh.

I seriously regret leaving this skin as trash now, so I decided to come back to this thread and notify those who still use this skin that I swear I will update this skin this weekend and make it fucking glorious.

My deepest apologies to those who still use this beta version as well, because my gosh it really is terrible. I'll get to work on this skin asap after I return home Friday.

In the meantime, for those who see this and are interested in this project, they can feel free to throw out suggestions as to what they would like to see. Feel free to critique on how damn awful the skin currently is as well, because I 100% agree. Also if there is another Dead Master skin, please do say so. This will not influence me to stop this re-work, rather I will take notes of what the other skin does and do my best to avoid what he/she has done with their skin, so as to not make a duplicate.
SweettDevil
i did what it said in the description but it doesnt open !!! it stil shoes me a .rar folder
:((:((
- ArC -
Can you use some elements from TV anime version Dead Master(i like her outfit in TV more then in OVA)?
nurazrinzulkaffli
i love it
nurazrinzulkaffli
waaa...sugoi :)