forum

[Archived] Mouse issues (Unresponsive/Odd sensitivity)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Setiq
Problem Details: It started a few days ago, my mouse seemed to be a bit more unresponsive than usual, having a lower than usual sensitivity on certain sliders and inbetween some jumps. I didn't think much of it at first.
However now it seems to be almost completely unresponsive, the sensitivity seems to jump around in the middle of a song, I've checked my fps during this and it seems to be locked at a consistent 130fps. It will now also instead of going straight will curve when attempting to hit notes or do certain sliders, and exactly the opposite in some situations where I'm trying to curve it will go straight. Any help or advice would be very appreciated

Mouse: Razer Abyssus
DPI: 2200
Polling Rate: 500
In game Sensitivity 2.2x (I've tried varying my sensitivity as well it just seems to do the same)
Raw Input: Off(I've tried turning it on as well no help there)

As I said before any and all help on the subject would be very appreciated. I plan on getting a tablet in the near future, but as of now I have to deal with using a mouse, and it'd be very nice to actually be able to play efficiently.

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
FrzR
Have you done some testing on the mouse, not just the game? I recommend doing this kind of test where you check for jitter issues or the curve issue that you are experiencing.
Open paint and try to make several straight lines and curves. You can also use a ruler if you have if you really want to see if the cursor really makes curves by itself.

Mine, with a Logitech G402.
Topic Starter
Setiq
I've tested it on different games, it only seems to be weird on OSU! the mouse runs perfectly fine otherwise. From what I've heard this is happening to a few other people as well.
TheVileOne
Nothing has changed that could affect your mouse sensitivity in the build you are using. I would look for alternative causes if your input device suddenly doesn't have the same behaviour as it once did. Although I've heard some people claim that openGl and directx have differences concerning input. Maybe you changed your renderer without realizing it.
Topic Starter
Setiq
Update: I've bought a new computer, Changed my sensitivity, started running windowed, changed my theme from Aero to Standard, enabled raw imput and changed my ingame sensitivity to 1x. The combination of this has made the unusual movements (Curving, exc) go away, Now the only issue i'm having is it seems to not keep up with my mouse movements, it kind of drags behind them.
Trosk-

Setiq wrote:

Update: I've bought a new computer, Changed my sensitivity, started running windowed, changed my theme from Aero to Standard, enabled raw imput and changed my ingame sensitivity to 1x. The combination of this has made the unusual movements (Curving, exc) go away, Now the only issue i'm having is it seems to not keep up with my mouse movements, it kind of drags behind them.
Does it keep happening if you enable Full screen mode?

Topic Starter
Setiq
It's way worse in fullscreen. I keep it at 1024x768 as that seems to be the best. It just seems like it's not keeping up with the actual mouse, I put "Show location when I press the CTRL key and the IG cursor never follows the actual cursor. I'll be getting a tablet soon so I just have to deal with it for the time being
NeVMiku
Say, does your phone do slow motion video? If so can you please do a video where your hand is moving the mouse and the monitor in one frame? So that we can compare the movements of the two.
Topic Starter
Setiq
I don't have a phone at the time being, due to issues with water, I'll be getting a new phone soon, hopefully within the next few days. I'll record a handcam when I get it