forum

#Irish Channel Request

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,815
show more
Shinobi
Would love it ^.^
[Agito]
(Y)
Bara-
Wow
Many stars
Good luck with getting your own channel!
The attention here shows you deserve it (in my opinion)
Barra
A chairde,

There are so many things I want to discuss on this thread but I'll try keep my rant short enough:

1. It is incredibly difficult to gather any number of Irish players into a community and this would easily help create a better community. Especially since I used to have to look around who was online in my country just to see who to talk to and in turn made friends with international students but left out a lot of Irish players who came to talk to me and try to join the community because even these forums are tedious to use.

2. Irish is a very real, non English language. It is what I grew up speaking and working with so I undoubtedly love the idea of being able to speak, chat and communicate in my native language. The language is used by everyone who goes through our education system so it would of great use either way to all.

3. There are plenty of dedicated Irish members online the majority of the time to offer moderation of the chat in the Irish language, myself included so I don't think there would be a problem searching for mods.

4. I have had conversations in Irish with some of the Irish player in this thread in lobbies and was told I would be muted for not speaking English so an Irish channel alternative would be good. If this isn't a good enough reason we can easily make ourselves better known by speaking the language in the channels together more frequently if you wanted to see the use the channel would be to us?

5. It's a recognised EU language out of 24 languages. It is also 1 of 10 recognised EU languages not currently hosted as a channel on the client and not hosted as an in-game language for use which many Irish users would use and contribute in translations for client use.

In general: We are very much a country thriving with a language in revival from thousands of years of oppression. The channel is great in joining our language and community further and allowing us to communicate in a language native to our country and by star vote it's quite clear there is a desire for the channel to be set up.

"Ní neart go cur le chéile" - There's no strength without unity.

le grá mór daoibh,

Barra (Obligoblivion)
Topic Starter
Demon

Obligoblivion wrote:

A chairde,

There are so many things I want to discuss on this thread but I'll try keep my rant short enough:

1. It is incredibly difficult to gather any number of Irish players into a community and this would easily help create a better community. Especially since I used to have to look around who was online in my country just to see who to talk to and in turn made friends with international students but left out a lot of Irish players who came to talk to me and try to join the community because even these forums are tedious to use.

2. Irish is a very real, non English language. It is what I grew up speaking and working with so I undoubtedly love the idea of being able to speak, chat and communicate in my native language. The language is used by everyone who goes through our education system so it would of great use either way to all.

3. There are plenty of dedicated Irish members online the majority of the time to offer moderation of the chat in the Irish language, myself included so I don't think there would be a problem searching for mods.

4. I have had conversations in Irish with some of the Irish player in this thread in lobbies and was told I would be muted for not speaking English so an Irish channel alternative would be good. If this isn't a good enough reason we can easily make ourselves better known by speaking the language in the channels together more frequently if you wanted to see the use the channel would be to us?

5. It's a recognised EU language out of 24 languages. It is also 1 of 10 recognised EU languages not currently hosted as a channel on the client and not hosted as an in-game language for use which many Irish users would use and contribute in translations for client use.

In general: We are very much a country thriving with a language in revival from thousands of years of oppression. The channel is great in joining our language and community further and allowing us to communicate in a language native to our country and by star vote it's quite clear there is a desire for the channel to be set up.

"Ní neart go cur le chéile" - There's no strength without unity.

le grá mór daoibh,

Barra (Obligoblivion)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hmm I wonder if the staff are happy now, We have "fulfilled" all of the tasks they set for us in their previous posts so I guess we just await their response :3
Aiona
The amount of stars this request has gotten in such little time is insane. I really hope this channel is implemented. ;w;
Topic Starter
Demon
Slight bump on this as all past attention towards it died
Barra
Bhí mé ag tnúth an fhreagar a bheith againn as duine eigeann go hairithe leis an réalta príomhaideacha atá againne.
Was wondering if we would get another reply from someone since the star priority over the other threads.

Bumb bumb reiterating my reply.
Wuxo
Everyone deserve to talk in their native language, take my stars. Hope you guys will get the channel
NaTha
i dont need it (i'm not irish) but anyways i think this is needed cuz there are many irish players. I hope that you guys will get your chanal!
Will gain 3 Stars
Endaris
If I didn't throw all my stars for stuff like Live collaborative mapping I'd certainly support this.
Raiku
tá mé sásta tá mé ag foghlaim gaeilge a labhairt
(I am happy i am learning irish)

Ive been learning gaeilge for the past 2 months and NEED this channel.
Barra

Raiku wrote:

tá mé sásta tá mé ag foghlaim gaeilge a labhairt
(I am happy i am learning irish)

Ive been learning gaeilge for the past 2 months and NEED this channel.

I ndáiríre tá sé comh thabhactach níos mó deiseanna a bheith ár dteanga a úsaid is a cleachtadh. Usaidtear an teanga timpeall Eirinn mar príomh theanga cosiúl liom féin is modh cumarsáide go hairithe sa mean cumarsáide in Eireann. Labhraíom Gaeilge le mo chlann, mo chairde 'gus roint daoine atá mé teaghmhail leis chuile lá 'gus ba aoibheann liom an cainéal seo curtha i bhfeidhm. Beidh roinnt deiseanna an teanga a spreagadh sa phobal Osu Eireannaigh is an daonra atá fonn acu an teanga a fhoghlaim cosiúl le Raiku.

Seriously, it's so important that more chances are around for native people to use and practice the language. One uses the language all over Ireland as a first language, like myself, and as a mode of communication especially in Irish media. I speak Irish to my family, friends and multiple people I'm in contact with everyday and I would love the channel to be implemented. There will be many chances for the language to florish in the Irish Osu community and the population that have a will to learn the language like Raiku.
DeletedUser_5322953

Mahogany wrote:

As it stands currently, it's not easy to become involved in the Irish osu community. While we do have at least one that's running right now via a skype group, it's very difficult to find people who are interested in participating in said community, and most of the group are only the higher-ranked players. It's difficult if nigh impossible for someone to get into the group without knowing a current member.

I think part of the intention behind the creation of an #Irish group would help those who are interested in discussing the game and meeting up with others of the same nationality, as well as speaking the Irish language, find each other.

Personally, when I was new to the game, I had no way of interacting with others from my country without seeming like a creep. My only option was to directly message someone, and hope they cared enough to respond. I only started to be a part of the Irish community when I gained a high enough rank, and started to get noticed by others.

I think an #Irish channel would help said newer players find a niche in the community they could fit into, instead of being forced to keep to themselves, like I was.
This is so true. I did not have any Irish people to talk to while I first started playing osu. This forced me to play on my own most of the time and not play multiplayer as I felt that I was not really fitting in. I had to message people who were from Ireland and see if they would reply. I randomly messaged "Obligoblivion" one day, saying that I admired his mania skill (because I want to be able to do 7k mode too) and lucky for me, he replied. this gave me some hope that I wasnt all alone in osu.

The Irish channel will allow people who want to learn irish or speak it to other irish speakers. It would be great for the Irish osu community to have their own channel. I fell like it would bring us all a little closer together and it would be a good laugh :lol:

Thanks for reading ;)

-[KoKo]
Aiona
Bhí mé ag smaoineamh leis an smaioneamh seo. I mo thuairim, ba mhaith liom #irish channel, mar is maith liom ag caint le gach duine sa osu! Táimid ag caint agus ag foghlaim Gaeilge sa ó Junior Infants (Níl a fhíos agam conas "Junior Infants" a rá as Gaeilge, tá brón orm ;w;) sa bhunscoil go bliain is a sé sa meánscoil. Is fuath liom ag foghlaim Gaeilge! xD Ach tá Gaeilge an-suimiúil~

I was thinking about this idea here. In my opinion, I would like an #irish channel, because I like talking with everyone in osu! We speak and learn Irish from Junior Infants (I don't know how to say "Junior Infants" in Irish, sorry ;w;) in primary school to 6th Year in secondary school. I hate learning Irish! xD But Irish is very interesting~

[Didn't say this part in irish] So I would love for an Irish channel to be implemented~ As Obligoblivion said:

Obligoblivion wrote:

There will be many chances for the language to florish in the Irish Osu community and the population that have a will to learn the language.
Topic Starter
Demon

Zallius wrote:

Get more people that speak the language to provide their vote in this thread, and star it!

My point was being made in response to the opening posts, to confirm that language specific channels are not community group for those who live in a certain country. The requirement for us to justify opening a language channel is that we have a large enough collection of players that speak the actual language to justify operating and moderating the channel.
We have fulfilled both of your requests as you have asked for , I hope this thread doesn't just get ignored by staff now like some of the others I have seen.
[Agito]
Implement this please Peppy
prick
All the people hear typing in irish and I have to look it up in google translate due to be exempt lel :(
Figgzy
An bhfuil cead agam dul amach go dtí an leithreas?

Any sign of this happening??
Valentine
#Irish would be wonderful
Topic Starter
Demon
Bumping this again ~
I hope they actually consider deciding on implementing #Irish as us Who fluently speak and those who want to learn and want a place to speak the language with others would greatly appreciate it.
Aiona
still haven't given my stars for this, idk how :^)
Topic Starter
Demon
While we are waiting we currently started up our own discord server for the Irish community and those wanting to speak the language as no progress has been made with this after the star function was enabled on the post.

We are still waiting for ATLEAST some form of response regarding the channel.
DeletedUser_7415093
Yes, I am with you Demon I myself would love an #Irish channel.
Please Peppy!
DeletedUser_7415093
bump
Topic Starter
Demon
Bumping this.
Flanster
I'll take a look at the discord server.
Planning on bringing this up to staff at the beginning of January.
dung eater
I would like to see channels for any and all languages c.c (made up ones and ones that don't have any native speakers, too)

support
witchcult
this is a lovely idea! good luck
Topic Starter
Demon

nsm wrote:

this is a lovely idea! good luck
Thank you everyone for all the support on this thus far ;^; <3
Darth_Mula
i dont speak chinese but stars!
Topic Starter
Demon
this was going so well :c
Z o e y
plz
adoyler97

Flanster wrote:

Seeing as its the following January, did this get brought up to staff? just out of interest, if it didn't could it be brought up to them, it would be ideal for at least someone to give the Irish community some response on the #Irish Channel.
Topic Starter
Demon

adoyler97 wrote:

Flanster wrote:

Seeing as its the following January, did this get brought up to staff? just out of interest, if it didn't could it be brought up to them, it would be ideal for at least someone to give the Irish community some response on the #Irish Channel.
2 years and still no proper response :) :) :) :) :) :)
Ephemeral
this has probably already been said but if it were to happen, it would require the following things:

1. a large community that speaks gaelige, which i highly doubt exists
2. a moderator that speaks gaelige
3. enough activity sustained over a long enough period of time to justify the channel existing and a GMT member being assigned to it
Yoges
This request is just a meme lol

Edit: I cant remember who it was that asked me but I got messaged in game randomly asking me to give some support to this thread and I vaguely remember the conversation to go something like this

Person: Hey
Me: Hello
Person: Do you think you could throw some support at this thread so we can get an irish channel?
Me: ...
Me: what?
Me: An Irish channel?
Person: Yeah I know
Me: Mate nobody fucking speaks irish who the fuck do you think you're shitting?
Person: Peppy lol
Me: KEK

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D XXXXXddD
Flanster
Considering the time I was in the discord server, I saw mostly english. I'm not seeing this happening in the first place, to be completely honest, meme or not.
DeletedUser_5322953

Yoges wrote:

This request is just a meme lol

Edit: I cant remember who it was that asked me but I got messaged in game randomly asking me to give some support to this thread and I vaguely remember the conversation to go something like this

Person: Hey
Me: Hello
Person: Do you think you could throw some support at this thread so we can get an irish channel?
Me: ...
Me: what?
Me: An Irish channel?
Person: Yeah I know
Me: Mate nobody fucking speaks irish who the fuck do you think you're shitting?
Person: Peppy lol
Me: KEK

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D XXXXXddD
who even r u lmao
Yoges

[KoKo] wrote:

who even r u lmao
Dia duit yoges is anim dom ta ceathruir i mo chlan ta me i mo choni i bfionglas ta 18 bliana deag daois. Bhi an aimsir go maith agus nil se fluch. Bhi an tatmospheir electric.
show more