forum

[Archived] osu! is crashing on launch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SlightLight_old
Problem Details: So basically osu! just crashes every time i try to launch it. I also installed the game using old installer because the regualr one crashed on launch as well. Note that my OS is windows 10, I did install .NET framework of the latest version and I tried launching it in compatibility mode for win7 and win8. However osu! did run perfectly while my PC was on windows 7. Help please ><

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2
Trosk-
Could you go to the Event viewer -> Windows logs -> Application and see what error is it showing. Would be nice if you could copy the error log and paste it here. Anyways, since you are getting a common Windows error, probably something is screwed in your Windows installation.
Topic Starter
SlightLight_old
I wasn't sure which one you need so i copied both

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: osu!.exe
P2: 0
P3: 54d154c2
P4: mscorlib
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 554af620
P7: 1c91
P8: b
P9: System.IO.FileLoadException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3A11.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_osu!.exe_b7da5c353b32cb17c1ad4ae439ae6febf2f4b7_00000000_1c9a3eb4

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 298a494e-7751-11e5-9bcf-14dae933fd65
Report Status: 97
Hashed bucket:
CLR20r3
Not available
osu!.exe
54d154c2
mscorlib
554af620
1c91
b
System.IO.FileLoadException

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3A11.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_osu!.exe_b7da5c353b32cb17c1ad4ae439ae6febf2f4b7_00000000_1c9a3eb4

298a494e-7751-11e5-9bcf-14dae933fd65
peppy
Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of osu! to see if that works any better?

If it still doesn't work, something on your system (likely a .NET installation) is corrupt. Easiest method to fix this would be formatting or uninstalling/reinstalling the .NET frameworks.
Topic Starter
SlightLight_old
Unfortunately, nothing said above helped :(
I couldn't uninstall .NET manually because Windows 10 had it as a default app. I tried using external software to remove .NET but that still didn't work...
Trosk-

SlightLight wrote:

Unfortunately, nothing said above helped :(
I couldn't uninstall .NET manually because Windows 10 had it as a default app. I tried using external software to remove .NET but that still didn't work...
You could try using the NET Framework repairing tool. If that doesn't work, I guess you can try to remove them manually and try to install them again.
EquableKibbles
You could try using the NET Framework repairing tool. If that doesn't work, I guess you can try to remove them manually and try to install them again.
How can you uninstall the NET Framework manually?
Topic Starter
SlightLight_old
Sorry for not answering for some time..
.NET Framework repairing tool didn't help, just like my efforts of reinstalling .NET.
I also noticed that other apps that require .NET failed to launch or install too. :(
TheVileOne
Windows 10 doesn't have .Net framework 3.5 enabled by default. If it's unchecked in your Windows features, you need to check it.
Topic Starter
SlightLight_old

TheVileOne wrote:

Windows 10 doesn't have .Net framework 3.5 enabled by default. If it's unchecked in your Windows features, you need to check it.
Nope, i enabled all .NET features but installer and the game still are refusing to launch.