forum

[Archived] osu! app won't open on mac...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Boigami
hello guys, i've got a problem.
when i came back this afternoon, i discovered that the osu! app refuses to open, even though it worked just fine until yesterday. When i click (or double-click, or 100x click lol) on the app shortcut, it bounces once, and then doesn't open, no matter what i do. I tried restarting, then shutting down my mac, but no results :( help please~ :cry:
Varination
I've had this issue about 5-6 times and it seems to happen randomly. Each time I've redownloaded Osu! and it works after being redownloaded. My temporary fix is to remove the Songs and Skins from the Osu! application folder and put them on your desktop, then delete Osu and replace the 2 folders afterwards. The issue is I have multiple collections of songs for organizational purposes in the game, and both those and my replays are reset when I have to download, so my "fix" isn't 100% effective
VeilStar

killzone87 wrote:

I have multiple collections of songs for organizational purposes in the game, and both those and my replays are reset when I have to download, so my "fix" isn't 100% effective
You can back up your replays, collections, and other stuff by moving the following files and folders out along with the songs & skins folders:
  1. scores.db
  2. osu!.<username>.cfg
  3. osu!.db
  4. collection.db
  5. Data

Not sure what could cause the issue or how to solve it though.