forum

Motherboard switch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clappy
Disclaimer: sadly this wont be one of my patented shitposts guys, sorry. :cry:

So, I recently switched motherboards: Asus p67 sabertooth to an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 and I believe that there was some audio delay processing on the p67 motherboard because ever since then I've been leaning to the left of the accurate hit bar (hitting too fast).
So, just acquire some info from the rest of the community, would it be worthwhile to let me brain readjust to the new audio timings or adjust the universal offset. Furthermore, has anyone else switched motherboards and experienced this phenomenon?
ZenithPhantasm
Oh yes. A few days ago I swapped my CPU from my dying FX-8350 to a barely used P2 1090T Black Edition that I had under my bed. Coincidentally my aim improved overnight.
I Give Up
Motherboards have different USB controllers and their own bridge chips with varying latencies. The changes are just milliseconds but in a game like osu these minor differences become noticeable.
Noobsicle
i went from an asus z68-p something to an asrock z77 extreme 4 but didn't notice any difference with sound delay
also did a clean install of win7 on the z77 if that matters
Karuta-_old_1
let your brain readjust to it, you will know something is wrong when you can't after sometime
ZenithPhantasm

Karuta- wrote:

let your brain readjust to it, you will know something is wrong when you can't after sometime
with the computer or the brain? 8-)