forum

Taiko editing mode shortcuts/improvements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Pretty simple stuff:

Modify the osu! editor to allow Taiko map beats to be placed with z and x, with z being clap (blue notes) and x being hit (red notes) while the song is actually playing in the editor. Sliders can be placed with c - a tap once will begin the slider from that beat, and a second tap will end it. Spinners can be placed with v in an identical action to c, and then the modder can go through the map manually with the mouse and rearrange notes on the timeline using the mouse and applying other hitsounds and the like as normal.

That and have the actual map area shown as it would be in taiko instead of the osu variant when the mode is selected.

Probably been suggested before, but its lack of implementation is dumb and is really holding the mode back as far as custom modding goes.
mattyu007
Yes live taiko mapping ftw. I was thinking more of, play the song as if it was a real game, but place beats by "playing" the map and "hitting" the hitcircles to place them.
Kitsunemimi
Your timing is not perfect.
And how will you place finishes?
mattyu007

Harris73 wrote:

Neither is your timing for osu! standard.

Harris73 wrote:

Hit both sides of the drum
LuigiHann

Harris73 wrote:

I assume it'd snap to the timeline divisors, which would cover most of that... and then you could tweak it afterward if there are errors.
peppy

Ephemeral wrote:

Probably been suggested before, but its lack of implementation is dumb and is really holding the mode back as far as custom modding goes.
The lack of proper ranking is more "dumb" so until this is done there is no reason to move Taiko mode forward more.
Kitsunemimi

mattyu007 wrote:

Harris73 wrote:

But you don't do live editing of regular osu! mode maps.

mattyu007 wrote:

Harris73 wrote:

How can you hit both sides of the drum if z is blue notes; x red notes; c sliders; and v spinners?
mattyu007

Harris73 wrote:

mattyu007 wrote:

Harris73 wrote:

But you don't do live editing of regular osu! mode maps.
Aah, but you CAN

Harris73 wrote:

mattyu007 wrote:

Harris73 wrote:

How can you hit both sides of the drum if z is blue notes; x red notes; c sliders; and v spinners?
I was thinking, use the user config for the regular notes (red, blue), and add two additional keys for drumrolls and dendens.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

peppy wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

The lack of proper ranking is more "dumb" so until this is done there is no reason to move Taiko mode forward more.
Now that Taiko is ranked, how about it?
Ekaru
Nah, I want Ranking Guidelines for Taiko maps first, so I can get Butter-Fly ranked. Then AIMod. *Then* this.
Zekira
I haven't seen Taiko-only maps ranked yet... so... :\
gp0_old
I bump with the appendage of a live, separate, Taiko AND CtB editing mode, too. It'd be a simple point and click for hitnotes and point and drag for sliders. Remember, anything is not likely to be popular unless it satisfies its crave for attention. Putting out Taiko or CtB -only or -majority mapsets will do this and offer a choice of gameplay. Although not as prevalent or as large as the osu! base, there's a sprawling sizable group for the two secondary modes.

Rolling dice.
Natteke

Zekira wrote:

I haven't seen Taiko-only maps ranked yet... so... :
But taiko community in osu is growing quite fast, not to mention that lots of maps now have taiko difficulties :3
Roga-don
Yeah, there are more and more feature requests about taiko mode ....
I really want a good taiko-only edit program ... :cry:
MMzz

Roganis wrote:

Yeah, there are more and more feature requests about taiko mode ....
I really want a good taiko-only edit program ... :cry:
Whats wrong with the current one? Sure live playing would be awesome because most of my ideas for beats come when I tap along with the song. But that is the ONLY thing i'd like to see. Everything else is fine. O_o
Roga-don
I think an editor that have the same appearance than the in-game taiko mode should me more easy to use ...
(sorry, but I haven't a good English ^^')
Zekira

Natteke desu wrote:

Zekira wrote:

I haven't seen Taiko-only maps ranked yet... so... :
But taiko community in osu is growing quite fast, not to mention that lots of maps now have taiko difficulties :3
You do realize you quoted something that I said almost a year ago D:

That said, my statement from that post is kinda invalid now that Taiko is receiving huge popularity in being included in mapsets. I think it's about time there's an improvement in the editor...

...this will seriously make Taiko-only mapping job easier, though I'll still have the same harddiks in mapping a TaikOsu...