forum

[resolved] Raw Input & Windows 8.1+

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Laeloin
Problem Details:
How can I disable this Raw Input thingy? Pliiiis help me ._. I use a Wacom Intuos Ctl-480 tablet and I used to play with 1.5x Sensitivity on Osu!.Since my father bought me a Windows 8 Computer I cant play osu properly anymore :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx2vazc45yrn3 ... 2.jpg?dl=0

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
And what's the problem on using Raw Input?

Also, don't use the In Game sensitivity to adjust your tablet. Just set it to 1x and adjust your tablet area on the Wacom Drivers, since it could result in input problems.

Just adjust the area here.

And other thing, next time try to don't use this type of words on a thread title. (Neither on the thread itself lol)
Topic Starter
Laeloin
Sorry for Posting the question here ._. I can only play with the 1.5 sensitivty <.< The raw input makes a huge difference to my aim , and thats why I asked how I could remove it.
Trosk-

Laeloin wrote:

Sorry for Posting the question here ._. .
There is no problem on that..

Why are you saying that the Raw Input makes a difference? It shouldn't.. Don't you have your Mouse options like this? (I mean, mouse acceleration disabled)

And I think you should do what I said, go to your Wacom drivers, if you play on full area, make it smaller, and set your in game sensitivity on 1x.
Topic Starter
Laeloin
Yes you have to test it by yourself ( full area tablet) . If you increase the sensitivity above 1.0x raw input goes automatically on and sets his own "area" thats shitty <.<
Trosk-

Laeloin wrote:

If you increase the sensitivity above 1.0x raw input goes automatically on and sets his own "area" thats shitty <.<
That's not how it works. Seems like you are not getting it. The only thing that Raw input does is bypass the Windows cursor acceleration (which is nice).

I just don't know how to explain it to you better. You should set your sensitivity to 1 and then adjust it from your Wacom Drivers as you want. (Change your area).

Raw input won't change anything unless you had mouse acceleration activated.

I'm just giving an advice what I think you should do. But it's up to you to do what you want.
abraker

Laeloin wrote:

Since my father bought me a Windows 8 Computer I cant play osu properly anymore
I reckon windows aero is killing your gameplay. Try fullscreen. Other than that, I can't suggest more than what Trosk suggested already.
Bauxe

Trosk- wrote:

Laeloin wrote:

If you increase the sensitivity above 1.0x raw input goes automatically on and sets his own "area" thats shitty <.<
That's not how it works. Seems like you are not getting it. The only thing that Raw input does is bypass the Windows cursor acceleration (which is nice).

I just don't know how to explain it to you better. You should set your sensitivity to 1 and then adjust it from your Wacom Drivers as you want. (Change your area).

Raw input won't change anything unless you had mouse acceleration activated.

I'm just giving an advice what I think you should do. But it's up to you to do what you want.
Actually, no.

With tablets, enabling raw input allows the game to set your tablet's area using the sensitivity slider.
VeilStar
You can't disable it if you use windows 8.

What Bauxe said though. If you were to use 1.5x sensitivity without raw input on a tablet your cursor would jitter all over the place.
Raw input has to be on in this case.

Anyhow, regardless, if your sensitivity/aim feels off now all you can do is either get used to it or fiddle around with it untill it feels the same again.This is a non-issue.
Topic Starter
Laeloin
Well . Ty guys for your help I just play with 1.0x sens from now on :)
Laserstormlpies
Well... I updated from Win7 to Win10 today...
It forces me to raw input too
AND IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE >o<
:c
Cant play anymore... i'm using a mouse.
Sensitivity 1.93 -i dont "jitter all over the place"
now to get near to it with raw input i need around 3.28 sensitivity but i cant aim anymore...
this is sad... i played 2 years with this configuration... to train myself playing with an other sensitivity would take months as well...
for me the only way is to find a way not to use raw input... it doesnt make..."things better"
... never needed that before...
(btw. i play on fullscreen)

Is there an actual way to change something for me... i didnt change other mouse configurations... it was just... much slower as i started osu... (thought nothing bad happened after updating to win10 ;c )
abraker
Please make a new thread instead of bumping old issues
Wrath-
When i turn on raw input my cursor Turning crazy slow if i move my mouse fast.
Dntm8kmeeatu

ItsAxeLL wrote:

When i turn on raw input my cursor Turning crazy slow if i move my mouse fast.

Did you even read? The post above yours is literally telling you to not do what you just did.

I'll say it again.

Do not bump old marked threads, Instead make a new one for your issue.
JAMDREAM

VeilStar wrote:

You can't disable it if you use windows 8.

What Bauxe said though. If you were to use 1.5x sensitivity without raw input on a tablet your cursor would jitter all over the place.
Raw input has to be on in this case.

Anyhow, regardless, if your sensitivity/aim feels off now all you can do is either get used to it or fiddle around with it untill it feels the same again.This is a non-issue.
but when i put the raw input on it justr stays at the top left and i cant use it like normal
Dntm8kmeeatu

JAMDREAM wrote:

but when i put the raw input on it justr stays at the top left and i cant use it like normal
Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Make a new thread.