forum

[Archived] Cursor looks like a white box

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManuPonyLoco
Problem Details: It randomly happens to me lately, I always download and try lots and lots of skins and it never happened before, when I switch skins, suddenly the cursor, or cursortrail, looks like a white box. This also happened when playing a beatmap with its own skin. It all disappears when you reload the skin, but it never happened before @_@

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

And solved

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Seems like it is a failure on loading textures. Well, I guess thess are things that can happen, but are rare in osu!

Does this happen always to you now or not?
Topic Starter
ManuPonyLoco
It's not always, but it's pretty common. I've just recently started using OGL, for the record, so maybe it has something to do with it.
It's more usual when I just start the game tho
VeilStar

ManuPonyLoco wrote:

I've just recently started using OGL, for the record, so maybe it has something to do with it.
Don't use OpenGL on the Stable release stream, it has issues like this. If you want to use OpenGL check out the Beta or Cuttingedge release stream. Otherwise switch back to DirectX.
Trosk-
Like VeilStar said the OpenGL that Stable release stream uses, has so much bugs and faults like this. If you want to use OpenGL go to Beta or Cutting Edge, since the OpenGL used there is so much advanced than the used on Stable. osu! will only use OpenGL on the near future.
abraker
Related post on cutting-edge forum: p/4270735

Nvm
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

Related post on cutting-edge forum: p/4270735
Not the same issue...?
abraker

VeilStar wrote:

Not the same issue...?
Image of white boxed cursor in the picture in the spoiler?
VeilStar
Well yes, it also has an unloaded cursor texture, but it's still not the same issue...?
abraker
but it's still not the same issue...?
It's not? It seems like it is, at least to me. Then again, not much info was posted besides the screenshot, so I might be missing something. :/
VeilStar
OP in this thread has his cursor texture unloading (or whatever actually happens for it to be a white square) upon changing skins (which includes beatmap skins). The cuttingedge issue happens when you drag a new background into the menu, not under any other circumstances.

I don't think it's wise to link Stable OpenGL issues to Cuttingedge OpenGL issues with all the changes to it.
With that being said, let's just consider it a different issue.
TheVileOne
White squares shouldn't happen anymore in cutting edge builds. It is highly recommended you switch over.