forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Rank dropped?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FranticGoat
So i didnt play for a very long time, then when i started playing again i got around 100pp in a few days. But my rank has just dropped (see push). Is there a reason why my rank went down even though i got so much pp?

http://puu.sh/hWFdn.png
Tom94
Other people also play the game. They gained more pp than you overall, given how you were inactive for a while, pushing you down in the rankings while rising up themselves.
Corefish
^ What he said osu! grows so there is more ranks to be filled
Topic Starter
FranticGoat
Thats not what i mean, i can see my rank goes down steadily as i didnt play, but when i play again there is a huge drop. Also, if i gained 100 pp shouldnt i at least be back where i was before??
Tom94
You are right, that drop in your graph indeed is strange. I'll confirm this for now and will look into it when I find the time, thanks for reporting!
Topic Starter
FranticGoat
Thanks! :)
lolcubes
I can confirm something happened (probably a recalculation?) because I have lost 4 taiko pp (4757 -> 4753) without even logging into the game for over a day. None of the recent maps I played have been disqualified.
japanese maid
I'm guessing that you lost rank because of what Tom said.

But it's also because they got more PP than you. If I get 1pp, and my friend gets 2pp, hes obviously going to jump over me as soon as I get a score submitted.
But I find it pretty strange that the rankings aren't updating properly. You always have to pass some random map to squeeze out the last negative ranks. Or maybe thats just me.
Kipek
It might be a bit messed up due to the various pp calculation changes. :?
JBHyperion
Just gonna throw out a random thought, but could something you set a score on have been disqualified recently? Scores would have been wiped if this happens, and if it was one of your top perfs, you could theoretically lose a bunch of pp/ranks.
Topic Starter
FranticGoat
I have 500 pp and my best map was never more than 40pp, so it wouldnt have made such a massive difference
lolcubes
I didn't login for 3 days now (due to work), and I noticed a huge bump on the graph (the rank still didn't update though, as I didn't login and play). My profile says rank #651, graph says rank #828 and global ranking says #648.

Probably just a recalculation again, but shouldn't that be announced at least? (this graph is for taiko btw)

P.S. checking some random players, they appear to have similar spikes too, however they have the graph going up instead (gaining ranks).

EDIT:
Further observation is making this look like the graph is trying to restart it's initial value @90 days ago, so it could just be a visual error and possibly a separate issue.
Bara-
Same here
1600-->1400
12k-->10k
10k-->8k
Didn't happen in std though
VeilStar

baraatje123 wrote:

<stuff>

lolcubes wrote:

<stuff>
While similar, it's not the same issue?

lolcubes wrote:

Further observation is making this look like the graph is trying to restart it's initial value @90 days ago, so it could just be a visual error and possibly a separate issue.
Pretty much. This has always been an issue if the player was inactive for that gamemode. This glitch always dissapeared the next time the rank was updated (the next day), as if it never happened in the first place. Not sure why it triggered for everyone today though.
Edit: Well... okay, it's not the usual thing.
Blarthogg
Problem Details: Hello, I have recently logged on today on the website, signed in, and my taiko and ctb ranks say 0, yet I have normal ranks on mania and classic, but my game says the "actual" ranks. I'm wondering why this is.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:http://imgur.com/gallery/yQX9tBs/new

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
VeilStar
You have transcended the ranking system.

On a more serious note though... I have no idea what's going on.
Some pretty weird stuff has been going on regarding the ranking graph lately. Probably related to this issue.

Edit: Seems to do this for every rank graph that hasn't got 90 days of history or more.
With that said, in the thread I linked the ranking graphs went back to the position it was at 90 days ago.
Seems like it's the same issue, but in this case it shows rank 0 as you had no rank back then.
I'll merge the threads.
Applejack-
This rank drop thing had me worried

VeilStar
FranticGoat's rank seems to be back to normal, though the graph still shows the dip. Same with Applejack-.
There's some more weirdness going on though.

For gamemodes the player hasn't been active in for 90 days the graph suddenly jumps back to the point it was 90 days ago.
This leads to a sudden rank increase for a single day.

For gamemodes the player hasn't even played for 90 days the graph suddenly got put to rank #0 for a day and then resumed its normal rank. However, the graph stopped drawing after this happened. (Might be due to the avaraging to make the graph look smooth.)

And lastely, a sudden rank drop. Also the graph suddenly got put to rank #0 for a day and then resumed its normal rank. However, the grpah stopped drawing after this happened. (Might be due to the avaraging to make the graph look smooth.)

All of this is taken from my profile, so have a look at it for yourself if you want. (Or need to see how this has evolved at a later date.)
My standard gamemode graph is totally fine though. (I'm the most active in that gamemode.)
peppy
The single day jump was due to me restarting the database half-way through the updates of historical stats.

I've offset the history by 2 days (so the drop will be at the left side of your graphs). After today's update it should look normal again.
OzzyOzrock
Yup, I assumed it was osu! going back in time a few months, explaining inactive players gaining ranks, and climbing players losing them

Good to see it fixed now, though it was entertaining haha
cutebubblepop
So even though this article is 8 years old, it is happening again recently. Was slowly depreciating in score, then i finally play multi with friends and it drops A LOT and i can't manage to get it back up to where it was just 2 days ago.
Jason X
Please don't post on older threads, they barely get any attention at all.
Instead, make a new post in the Help forum, you can then link to older similar topics as a reference to your problem.