forum

[resolved] [Solved] Reinstalled osu! and now it's not working.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ace Timing
Problem Details:
Reinstalled osu and now it's not working.
I tried to access the option menu to change to DirectX but it refused to open.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
peppy
Hold shfit down while starting up. Try changing the release stream to "beta" and repairing.
Topic Starter
Ace Timing
Tried holding down shift, but there was no change. Also tried reinstalling osu! again and restarting computer. Currently suspicious of video drivers. Internet connection at school is awful, so I'll try to check for updates at home. If at all helpful, I reinstalled osu! after getting windows reinstalled on my computer.
VeilStar

Ace Timing wrote:

Tried holding down shift, but there was no change.
Did a configuration window pop up when you held shift? If not try again; Hold SHIFT and open osu!, simply keep holding down SHIFT untill this window pops up. In there change the release stream to beta and click the repair button. If you did this and it didn't help all I can suggest is to try and update your video card drivers.
Topic Starter
Ace Timing
Sorry for no update, I tried whats stated above, but osu! still wouldn't run. When my computer was reimaged, I got a really old windows 7 with alot of missing drivers so that's probably the issue.
RvNovae

Ace Timing wrote:

Sorry for no update, I tried whats stated above, but osu! still wouldn't run. When my computer was reimaged, I got a really old windows 7 with alot of missing drivers so that's probably the issue.
That doesn't answer the question.

Did this window appear?
Nekonyan

Ace Timing wrote:

I tried to access the option menu to change to DirectX but it refused to open.
I think you accidentally changed your renderer to opengl

go to your osu! folder, open osu!.<your PC/laptop username>.cfg with notepad, and go find
Renderer
if it's like this
Renderer = opengl

go change that to this
Renderer = d3d
save it, and try to open your osu again.

hope it will help :D
Topic Starter
Ace Timing
I fixed it, turns out to be drivers, thanks for all your help guys! You can close this thread now