forum

[Archived] Osu opens on my left monitor instead of center

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
closest-num-2-0
Problem Details:
I have a triple monitor setup with 3 1080p monitors. when I play osu I want to use the second screen but when I launch osu! it opens on the left monitor. I tried changing the display number in the config file but it keeps being reverted to display 1.

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
VeilStar
Not sure if this will work, but try the following;
  1. Set osu! in windowed mode (at a resolution lower than your native resolution).
  2. Drag the osu! window to the monitor you want it to be on.
  3. Toggle the fullscreen option again.
  4. Change the resolution again if needed.
Is the monitor you want it on set as the primary monitor in your windows settings?
If not, set it as the primary one and then start osu!.
Topic Starter
closest-num-2-0
I did that but it reverts the setting back to the original monitor. i ended up just using a software to set my main monitor for osu! thanx but that method does not save after closing osu
Sharpiee
I noticed when i start off of the start bar it appears on whatever monitor i clicked the button on...
abraker
Just tried Veilstar's method and it worked for me. Make sure it's fully on the other screen before making it fullscreen again.

Note: Your cursor will be trapped in osu!'s window area and upon using touchscreen on the other screen, it goes out of fullscreen (like minimizes it), which I think is another issue in of itself.
TheVileOne
osu! doesn't allow the game to be launched on any monitor but your primary one at the moment. This will probably change.
Topic Starter
closest-num-2-0
Thank you for the replys I will hope that osu can be launched on a certain monitor in the future