forum

[Archived] Frame Drops

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackFrost141
Problem Details:as the subject says, I am having masssive fps drops (like a freeze for a split second) when normally i have 950-1000 fps, and hinders me alot causing me to get 100's and even misses and leads me to fail songs. Help would be appreciated

Edit:when on stable i have weird glitches at the resolution im using where there are invisble lines that make anything on that pixel line distorted also messing me up so im in a bad place ;-;

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150518.7beta
abraker
Does stable have the lag spike you are mentioning though?
Topic Starter
JackFrost141

abraker wrote:

Does stable have the lag spike you are mentioning though?
no, but it has the line glitches when i play on my windowed res. it is not there in full or windowed. so i either play with random frame drops or with my notes looking wierd
abraker
I am aware that recent builds have performance issues, at least for me. I can't suggest much other than follow the cutting edge updates. As for the glitch, have you tried switching the ingame resolution?
Topic Starter
JackFrost141

abraker wrote:

I am aware that recent builds have performance issues, at least for me. I can't suggest much other than follow the cutting edge updates. As for the glitch, have you tried switching the ingame resolution?
i have not tried others but im used to what im using and i would hate to switch because the game ranomly makes me feel nasty while playing
VeilStar
What GPU do you have? Also, could you upload a screenshot (or video) of these 'glitches'?

Are these framedrops also happening on the lastest cuttingedge build? Please test.
Press CTL+F11 to bring up a frametime overlay, and take a screenshot of when the framedrop happens, as it could provide useful information.
Jebdon
I get the same type of glitch except I get a glitch where it repeats a small bit of the song over and over but the screen is frozen. I have a Nvidia 750ti so I am 100% sure it is a software problem, because I can play most high end games with rarely any frame drops.
VeilStar

Jebdon wrote:

I get the same type of glitch except I get a glitch where it repeats a small bit of the song over and over but the screen is frozen. I have a Nvidia 750ti so I am 100% sure it is a software problem, because I can play most high end games with rarely any frame drops.
Please don't bump old, archived threads.

If this doesn't happen on the Stable(Fallback) release stream but does happen on any other release stream post in this thread.
If it happens on any release stream create a new thread instead.