forum

[Archived] Why are some user's Ranked Score highlighted in blue?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Problem Details: Some are highlighted in blue and some are not. Why is this? Is it because the score is updating?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
VeilStar
What? Screenshot please?
quaternary
Are you using Internet Explorer and have Skype installed? It's probably misinterpreting the score as a phone number.

What happens if you click on it?
silmarilen
he's probably asking about why some show as

as opposed to

i asked millhioref about this once and he said it was something about being in top10 but the thing didnt work properly or something.
VeilStar

silmarilen wrote:

<stuff>
The one on my profile is actually blue then. I never even noticed untill you said this.
(I still have no idea if this is what the OP meant or why this even is a thing though.)
MillhioreF
This really made me curious, so I looked at the code for it at one point. It seems like it was meant to become blue when the user was in top 10 of the ranked score system, but the relevant scripts for that haven't been running for a long time.

My best guess is that accounts which are new enough (created after the scripts stopped running) will have a blue ranked score because they don't have a rank, and thus are #0, which is a lower number than #10.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

MillhioreF wrote:

This really made me curious, so I looked at the code for it at one point. It seems like it was meant to become blue when the user was in top 10 of the ranked score system, but the relevant scripts for that haven't been running for a long time.

My best guess is that accounts which are new enough (created after the scripts stopped running) will have a blue ranked score because they don't have a rank, and thus are #0, which is a lower number than #10.

The guy I'm talking about is around 7.9k.
Arnold0

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

The guy I'm talking about is around 7.9k.
If I understand correctly, the "Blue Rank" is for lower than #10 "Ranked Score" ranking system players. However, this ranking system was stopped arround the time when PPv1 was introduced. As it's not running anymore, every new account is Rank 0 in this ranking system as true "Ranked Score" rank is never calculated for them. If the script check if Ranked Score Rank is below 10, then every new account is and they got the blue text.
That can explain why VeliStar have blue Ranked Score as he created his account in 2014 when the Ranked Score system wasn't running anymore, when I don't have Blue Ranked score because my account is from 2012 when Ranked Score still was the main ranking system, depsite him having lower Ranked score than me. It's probably also why very good players who had a very high ranked score in 2012 also have it blue like WWW because he probably was in top 10 Ranked Score when the system was stopped.