forum

[resolved] [confirmed] osu!mania key config gets restarted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xlash2
Problem Details:
For 8k config, whenever I choose "Use special style (left)", it gets restarted back to "Use normal style" the next time I start osu! again. I first thought it was a problem with my skin but it also happens with the default skin. The "Show judgement line" config also gets restarted.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
abraker
I can confirm that restarting osu! resets any keymode option

Tested options:
  • co-op
    Judgment line
    Vertical Flip
    Special Style
Also, while setting the Vertical Flip setting flips the mania stage, it doesn't change the "UpsideDown" config in skin.ini, hence why the setting doesn't preserve.
VeilStar
Can replicate this aswell.
Given that this is would be pretty annoying for people that use it I'm surprised no one made a thread about it before.
Or at the very least I couldn't find a confirmed one.

Confirming, then.
PiXL
AFAIK this is defined in the skin.ini for that keymode, so change your skin.ini to match what you want
Oxydiz
Have you tried running Osu! with elevated privileges ? Either do that or modify the .ini file directly as PiXL suggests
peppy
I cannot replicate this, so am going to assume it was already resolved.
VeilStar
Still an issue. Anything but the keybindings themselves don't get saved properly.

That means that these settings are affected:
-Normal/Special Style
-Vertically flip playfield (DDR Style)
-Show judgement line

Moved back.
peppy
They do for me. Have you tried using the default skin?
If it happens on a specific skin, please include in in this thread.
Trosk-
Still doesn't get saved even with the default skin. Also, if you are using the default skin and click the osu!mania layout button, it will change to the "User" skin, but I guess that's intended, right?

VeilStar
DDR Style setting won't save even on the default skin for me.
PiXL
They reset because your skin.ini is what it execs when you start up the game.switch to that skin so change your skin.ini
abraker

PiXL wrote:

They reset because your skin.ini is what it execs when you start up the game.switch to that skin so change your skin.ini
The problem is that osu! doesn't save to skin.ini
peppy
So you are using skins with old skin.ini files? Could you please include the skin.ini
abraker
Here, tested it and happens on latest CE. Flipping the mania stage upside-down ingame resets upon restart.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o5o5p6v7w60xcm/skin.ini?dl=0
VeilStar
Blaizer
I can replicate this on CE. It fails to save the options every time. The weird thing is, I can't replicate this on a dev client, so this is going to be really tough to track down. This is why peppy couldn't replicate this, he was using a built dev client.
peppy
It's nothing to do with the dev client. Read what I said about specific skin.ini files. It's legacy support for osu!mania settings that is breaking this.
Blaizer
It has nothing to do with specific skins. I can replicate it no matter what on even a freshly installed CE or stable.

Here are the steps I used. Delete the Skins folder. Set skin to Default. Go to mania config and click the Upside Down checkbox. At this point the User skin will have been created, and we're done.

Here's the skin.ini I get on CE/stable:
[Mania]
Keys: 4
Here's the correct skin.ini I get on a dev client:
[General]
Version: 2.6
[Mania]
Keys: 4
UpsideDown: 1
You can see that both Version and UpsideDown are failing to be written to the skin. This shows that the problem isn't just with the Mania section, but with skin saving in general.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix mania settings not saving correctly. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150907.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Trosk-
Seems to be working fine now.