forum

[Archived] osu menu freezes when i click on the screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
squirmey
Problem Details:
when i was messing around with the settings in osu i put openGL and unlimited frames and restarted osu to see what would happen and what i got was a osu start up menu that freezes when i click i can hear my mouse going over the menus options and i can click but the whole background is frozen the song also plays
. when i hold shift and double click the icon a grey box appears and i put it to openGL and 60fps and when osu opens the game tells me to restart to apply the settings but when i do it goes back to openGL unlimited. the game is fine when i put it to directX but the slider make the fps go to 10fps so openGL is my only option. any help would be gladly appreciated ;)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
- Marco -
Use a framelimiter as unlimited on opengl makes osu! Freeze (known problem)
abraker
Just verifying that the problem still persists 2 months after:

I'm using DirectX by default, but when I was trying to test out a bug, I switched to Opengl and discovered that upon clicking once anywhere the graphics processing hangs. So everything works (I can click on stuff and here me hovering over UI and clicking), but the nothing on the screen updates. This happens with and without raw input, happens on fullscreen and windowed, on any resolution, and any FPS. Yes. any FPS as opposed to just unlimited being reported before.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with Intel HD 4000. Using process explorer, I can confirm that GPU processing is still being done by osu! despite the freeze.
TheVileOne
This issue should no longer happen in cutting edge.