forum

[Archived] Problem with "Personal Best" ranking on Song Selection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CptHampton
Problem Details:
Typically, upon completing a ranked song the "Personal Best" section on the song selection screen will display as "#[x] of [y]." However, with more recent plays it instead displays as "#[x] [username]."

This happened, previously, but only with very new maps (qualified or recently ranked), presumably because in the early stages of a map's ranked life the number of completed plays would jump dramatically. However, this has been happening recently with songs that are months old, rather than weeks old.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
A normal Personal Best panel:

A Personal Best panel on a more recent play (map ranked almost 3 months ago):

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
- Marco -
It's because there's a low number of players that played that map. Intended ;)
Topic Starter
CptHampton
It happens with maps that I'm sure have a high number of plays, too:
VeilStar
See t/310998 ?
Topic Starter
CptHampton

VeilStar wrote:

See t/310998 ?
Any idea why it's also happening on not so new maps with a high number of plays? Is it indicative of a bug or is it working as intended?
VeilStar

CptHampton wrote:

Any idea why it's also happening on not so new maps with a high number of plays? Is it indicative of a bug or is it working as intended?
Not sure. (That last screenshot is broken for me btw.)
Maybe you got the score when the map was fairly new or had few plays? I can't think of anything else.
Seph
You're showing a screenshot of Global Ranking, thus it would show the number of recorded ranked plays on that map.

On the other hand, Country Ranking would only show the records on a map played by players on the same country as you.
Topic Starter
CptHampton
Update: Happened again with a new score for a map that's 4 months old and has plenty of plays

abraker
I always thought this was intended, but it's annoying me in one way or another.
Topic Starter
CptHampton
Ok now I'm almost sure there's a ranking bug for the song selection screen. On this map I'm #13 country (USA), and the panel says I'm #122 of 164. According to the panel, there are only 42 people with a score worse than mine (which is an FC with nearly 100% accuracy), and of those 42 people only 5 of them live somewhere other than the US.

silmarilen
that's unrelated to the OP and has been reported already