forum

What's harder? HR or DT

posted
Total Posts
show more
NinjaNick
DT is for scrubs who want to get into the top #10,000 really fast and have little skill when it comes to actual hard nomod maps. HR is super hard if you can't handle the AR, if you can it's really easy. In my opinion HR is a lot harder, maybe that's cause I can't handle the high AR.
Vuelo Eluko
but the AR is the easiest part...

nomod is for noobs who have little skill when it comes to actual hard high ar :^)
Yuudachi-kun
"High AR" is anything above 10 and I don't believe HR goes above 10. Lower AR is so much harder. AR10 even makes some maps easier.
NinjaNick

Riince wrote:

nomod is for noobs who have little skill when it comes to actual hard high ar :^)
I feel like your joking, but I can't tell because it's the internet...

EDIT: When I mean high AR I'm saying 9.8+ my favourite is around 9.4, anything a lot lower is too slow.
Barusamikosu

Riince wrote:

As a noob who can't read anything above AR8 I can confirm this is true.
bigfeh

NinjaNick wrote:

Riince wrote:

riince is just a massive trashtalker, don't mind him. Though if you really can't read at least AR9.6 you sux

and on another note, are you new? Welcome to hell
Yuudachi-kun

NinjaNick wrote:

Riince wrote:

EDIT: When I mean high AR I'm saying 9.8+ my favourite is around 9.4, anything a lot lower is too slow.
Play more Ar10 because it's really not that high. When you move from 10 to 10.3 that's a massive jump imo.

Of course I don't play 10.3
Vuelo Eluko

bigfeh wrote:

riince is just a massive trashtalker, don't mind him.l
m8 did you even read what he said above my post? it was a warranted response
ZenithPhantasm

NinjaNick wrote:

DT is for scrubs who want to get into the top #10,000 really fast and have little skill when it comes to actual hard nomod maps. HR is super hard if you can't handle the AR, if you can it's really easy. In my opinion HR is a lot harder, maybe that's cause I can't handle the high AR.
What makes HR hard is the OD :C
bigfeh

Riince wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

riince is just a massive trashtalker, don't mind him.l
m8 did you even read what he said above my post? it was a warranted response
I hadn't, sorry

Now that I come to think of it I should've done the same
E m i

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

What makes the OD hard is HR :C
fixed
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

What makes the OD hard is HR :C
fixed
NO
Karuta-_old_1
DT is harder imo, and narrill a prominent HR player has said the same thing but hes slow as a snail so that might be why.
I wouldn't say that, you still need to be fast enough to read > 180 bpm ar10
and low ranked people used to accuse people of memorizing ar10 maps

And yes nomods are for snails like me

And once you are good with ar10, you can DT some ar8.2 - 8.7 maps
Generally DT would be harder than HR
But top ranks with HR only are harder to come by (mainly because of that OD mentioned in the previous posts whichever sounds right lol)

with the exception of
cs6 and above: hr is harder
bpm<150 hr is harder
as mentioned by silmarilen

and also a lot of slider breaks depending on the beatmap of course
nrl

Riince wrote:

that said DT is harder imo, and narrill a prominent HR player has said the same thing, but hes slow as a snail so that might be why.
Aha, a misquote!

What I meant when I said DT was harder is that the same map will be harder with DT than it is with HR. This should be obvious, a 50% increase in speed is monstrous. That doesn't mean that DT is harder than HR as a metagame, it just means the mod itself adds more difficulty than HR does.

The moral of the story is that maining DT isn't any harder than maining HR. It can't be, the player's skill is the global bottleneck, and that bottleneck will, without fail, limit the difficulty of whatever routine you employ to your skill. Maining one mod over another will only affect the proportions in which your skills develop, it will not affect the overall rate of advancement. The better option is to not main any mod, but rather play all of them relatively equally. This will build your skills in roughly equal amounts, and the fact that you're jumping between different play styles so often will actually train you to be good at jumping between play styles, which is something that you will not train if you play one mod combination exclusively.

Also, you guys really don't want to start another AR debate. I'll start dropping text bombs indiscriminately until I'm the only one left.
ZenithPhantasm
HR+DT>DT>HR
cheezstik

Narrill wrote:

Riince wrote:

that said DT is harder imo, and narrill a prominent HR player has said the same thing, but hes slow as a snail so that might be why.
Aha, a misquote!

What I meant when I said DT was harder is that the same map will be harder with DT than it is with HR. This should be obvious, a 50% increase in speed is monstrous. That doesn't mean that DT is harder than HR as a metagame, it just means the mod itself adds more difficulty than HR does.

The moral of the story is that maining DT isn't any harder than maining HR. It can't be, the player's skill is the global bottleneck, and that bottleneck will, without fail, limit the difficulty of whatever routine you employ to your skill. Maining one mod over another will only affect the proportions in which your skills develop, it will not affect the overall rate of advancement. The better option is to not main any mod, but rather play all of them relatively equally. This will build your skills in roughly equal amounts, and the fact that you're jumping between different play styles so often will actually train you to be good at jumping between play styles, which is something that you will not train if you play one mod combination exclusively.

Also, you guys really don't want to start another AR debate. I'll start dropping text bombs indiscriminately until I'm the only one left.
Tl;dr:
Vuelo Eluko
i was about to say, it wasnt a misquote at all, even if the intent behind the quote was different than what he conveyed
trebby

Narrill wrote:

Riince wrote:

Aha, a misquote!

Narril is right.
nrl

Riince wrote:

i was about to say, it wasnt a misquote at all, even if the intent behind the quote was different than what he conveyed
You're right, misquote is the wrong term. It was out of context.

cheezstik wrote:

Tl;dr:
CHEEZYCHEEZYCHEEZY hi
DahplA
I can't believe this is an actual question...

On a serious note, it really depends on the map and if it is DTable. In general, HR is harder because of the OD.
Vuelo Eluko

DahplA wrote:

On a serious note, it really depends on the map and if it is DTable. In general, HR is harder because of the OD.
any map with dt is harder than it is with hr, thats already been established.
Yuudachi-kun

Narrill wrote:

The moral of the story is that maining DT isn't any harder than maining HR. It can't be, the player's skill is the global bottleneck, and that bottleneck will, without fail, limit the difficulty of whatever routine you employ to your skill. Maining one mod over another will only affect the proportions in which your skills develop, it will not affect the overall rate of advancement.
I've mained nomod and since my acc sucks I find DT infinitely easier than HR.
DahplA

Riince wrote:

DahplA wrote:

With the exception of lower BPM maps, in which DT would probably help most people.
GhostFrog

DahplA wrote:

Riince wrote:

With the exception of lower BPM maps, in which DT would probably help most people.
If you ignore the reading aspect of it, you would still find that more people were able to FC the map with HR than DT. Below a certain point, requiring the ability to read AR10 would probably dwarf the increased difficulty added by DT, but I think considering that misses the point of this thread a bit. Maps that are harder to FC with HR than DT are maps with very small circles and...well, preferably with certain types of patterns, but very small circles is the main thing.
Upskirt
Depends on your style. :---)))))))))
Rilene
DT will be hard on maps with:
- Long streams, if coupled with fast streams then high BPM streaming stamina is required.
- Fast Streams, if also coupled with spaced streams, even harder.
- High AR (technically it is just harder to read)

HR will be hard on maps with:
- CS 5 and above (the size will be very obvious in change)
- Spaced streams, hardness depends on CS size.
- High OD & HP (they'll simply made you easier to fail)

So generally, HR just simply increase hardness and DT will increase speed.
So most of the maps here, DT is harder.

And in my opinion... Well... Depends on the difficulty.
I Give Up
Depends on the kind of player and map. For example the player may not be able to react to AR8 +HR but can react reasonably well with AR8 +DT, making HR usually more difficult. There is also OD and note placement. These factors determine which mod is more difficult for a particular map.
B1rd
Neither is really harder, it's subjective, players can get to the top with either. It's just that more people tend to play DT, since more people probably enjoy going fast instead of training accuracy and precision. And at the lower levels it's much more of a natural transition to start playing AR8 DT rather than HR, which is a lot more difficult to read and acc.
E m i

B1rd wrote:

play DT

B1rd wrote:

instead of training accuracy
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3759860
gregest
play DTHR
B1rd

[ Momiji ] wrote:

What's your point? It's easier to acc DT than HR.
Gumpy

B1rd wrote:

And at the lower levels it's much more of a natural transition to start playing AR8 DT rather than HR, which is a lot more difficult to read and acc.
I found HR to be more fun than DT
E m i

B1rd wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

What's your point? It's easier to acc DT than HR.
you can always memorize the map on HR 8-)
ZenithPhantasm
HR flips the map around
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

HR flips the map around
dt flips your brain around
fieryrage
HR because OD10 is the reason I can't get good at this game
AGRX
both together ar11 FTW
-SayaKai
DT in ar10 LOL