forum

Progress meter in ongoing competitions

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +31
Topic Starter
Toothtroll
Hey

That's something that I think is missing, a simple meter or counter that tells when the ongoing game is over, so as not to wait unknowingly how long.
XPJ38
You mean, in the lobby and/or in progress rooms?
Knarf

This?
Topic Starter
Toothtroll
I mean in the "Match Setup" window, when you enter a game "room". So stay and wait for the next round? That's where a progress bar/circle, like that one in-game, would be great to know how much they have left to end the ongoing song. Some songs are long you know and even a full minute is a long time to wait if you don't know when it's over.

Maybe even a progress bar in the Multiplayer lobby wherever there is a game "In progress".

I tried to attach a screenshot here but didn't figure out how, sorry.
Winshley
Topic Starter
Toothtroll
yeah... i don't think your image is showing properly.

In here:

Only this game isn't in progress atm.

Maybe even/why not in here:

See four out of the five games visible are (IN PROGRESS). A progress bar on each of those would make it easier to choose the one ending soonest for instance.

;)
jesse1412
This is one of the first feature requests I've seen that sounds flawless to me. Cool.
Topic Starter
Toothtroll

ps: your avatar has the perfect expression like you really mean it.
Mithos
Cool idea. Not sure how easy/hard it is to put this in, but even something like 'estimated time remaining' or a formula from draining time in the song and the time the song started to calculate time remaining works out.
FrzR
I like this. Good for players that are waiting for open rooms at the lobby. Since a lot of rooms are always in progress, and other open rooms are having beatmaps that either they don't want or doesn't have it. :3
SweetMate
When you join a multiplayer match that is in progress all you see is a '(playing)' next to everyone's name.

I think we should add a progress bar in the multi lobby so people that join while its playing will know when they finish playing instead of sitting there watching their names waiting for the 'playing' tag to disappear.

Here is a quick preview thingy of my thoughts
FrzR
I don't multi that often but it could be helpful to others.
Flanster
Back when I played multi and joined a lobby with a map in progress, I had this exact idea, would be good to have it!
Bara-

LoliFlan wrote:

Back when I played multi and joined a lobby with a map in progress, I had this exact idea, would be good to have it!
Especially useful on longer maps
SweetMate
Positive feedback yay! ^~^
leepdesu
I love this idea

so where will the progress bar be?
7ambda

-LeeP- wrote:

I love this idea

so where will the progress bar be?
Look at the picture.
leepdesu

F1r3tar wrote:

Look at the picture.
My bad, mobile didn't load the picture.
Oinari-sama
merged

Always good to see new illustrations. Too many old pics are eaten ;w;
SweetMate
Is it possible to move my picture to the start of this thread? it will get more attention that way I think
Oinari-sama
Best wait for the OP (yeah I'm aware that he probably isn't very active judging from his profile).
SweetMate
Lol just give me the thread xD

jks lol but please bump my post up higher or something, its a feature which is really needed
Dephix
Yes please
Pelaaja_X
One of these good and still realistic ideas out here, +3!
Skitzor
I actually liked the idea of a progress bar! :D
abraker
Good idea