forum

[invalid] How does YouTube tend to deal with Osu! replay uploads?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fgghjjkll
I wasn't sure on where to post this, so I guess I'll post here. (Mods please move the the appropriate section)

I've been uploading replays to show off to a few friends, but I guess YouTube doesn't really like that...
I'm on my second strike after losing two copyright disputes, but I seem to see afew other guys doing the same map as me whose replays are up on YT without an audio mute or takedown.

I've always been claiming under Fair Use and my channel isn't monetized or anything, so I guess I just want to know whether I should just move to another platform or I'm just doing something wrong...
Mofu kun
what maps are you trying to upload?
Bara-
I have quite some replays which got said it has copyright issues, but I ignored it, and it seems fine
Not sure why though
RvNovae
if you just want to show off some replays to your friends just export the replay and send it to them;

you can do that by pressing f2 on the results screen and then just send them the file from the replays folder
Topic Starter
fgghjjkll

Mofu kun wrote:

what maps are you trying to upload?
Shiena Nishizawa - FUBUKI

baraatje123 wrote:

I have quite some replays which got said it has copyright issues, but I ignored it, and it seems fine
Not sure why though
Sometimes I can view them myself, but other people can't... Sometimes the audio is muted even for me!

Olivarus wrote:

if you just want to show off some replays to your friends just export the replay and send it to them;

you can do that by pressing f2 on the results screen and then just send them the file from the replays folder
Some of my friends don't have the game installed, and it doesn't seem very reasonable to get them to install it just to view my replay :(
Deimos
If you want to upload videos to youtube without being affraid of getting a strike or whatever then get the right of the song from the creator/publisher/whoever to be allowed to share it.

It's not osu's fault, so you are kinda wrong here.

Contact the support of youtube why you are getting claimed and others not.

Don't try to evade copyrights, accept the creator's decision!
Topic Starter
fgghjjkll

Deimos wrote:

If you want to upload videos to youtube without being affraid of getting a strike or whatever then get the right of the song from the creator/publisher/whoever to be allowed to share it.

It's not osu's fault, so you are kinda wrong here.

Contact the support of youtube why you are getting claimed and others not.

Don't try to evade copyrights, accept the creator's decision!
Seems like a ton of effort to share for a few friends... I'll just upload webms to my own web server

Thanks!
RvNovae
you could also try uploading it as "not listed"; not sure if you can avoid the copyright by doing that x)