forum

[Archived] Storyboards won't play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zarlile
Problem Details:
I finally got back into osu! after not playing for a month or so, but I found that the storyboards to some of my favorite songs no longer play when I play the song. I just get a black background. Storyboards are not disabled in the options, and are not disabled for the specific songs. If I do disable the storyboard specifically for the song, however, it shows the background image. I don't know if it's an issue with my computer, my game, or the songs themselves, but any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
It's just a solid black background, not much to see. *Doesn't know how to upload an image*

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
Ayachi-
Try to redownload or check if the .osb is present
Topic Starter
Zarlile

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Try to redownload or check if the .osb is present
Redownloading did not fix it, and the .osb is present.
TheVileOne
Please provide a link to the songs.
Bara-
Open the .osb
Look at the image files
If there is a foldername/ before the picture name, this is an already reported issue
Nathanael
Thread starter. If the .osb file is present, try using the Cinema mode (by double clicking Auto) and let us know if it plays.
Or it might be only the background dim. <.<
Topic Starter
Zarlile

TheVileOne wrote:

Please provide a link to the songs.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/35375
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/58951

baraatje123 wrote:

Open the .osb
Look at the image files
If there is a foldername/ before the picture name, this is an already reported issue
Would you mind pointing me in the direction of that thread/has it been resolved? That does seem to be the problem. Also, for the second song, there isn't exactly a "storyboard," but lyrics would normally pop up. So no .osb on that one, but still doesn't work with storyboard enabled.
Bara-
They're old maps
There was a bug, in which maps with an SB with the images in folders, that the folders would delete, and all files go to root
Has been resolved though, but it only happened on newly updated/submitted maps, not on olderones
Topic Starter
Zarlile
What do you suggest that I do? Is there a quick-fix, or should I wait for an update or something? It's not like the game is unplayable, but it is somewhat of an annoyance that the storyboards aren't working.
TheVileOne
Does this happen on the latest version? There was changes recently.
Topic Starter
Zarlile

TheVileOne wrote:

Does this happen on the latest version? There was changes recently.
Stable b20150305 version. Yes it does still happen.
TheVileOne
Could you provide a copy of a beatmap set that doesn't work for you? I am assuming that it is only happening to certain storyboarded maps and not every one.
Topic Starter
Zarlile

TheVileOne wrote:

Could you provide a copy of a beatmap set that doesn't work for you? I am assuming that it is only happening to certain storyboarded maps and not every one.
Guessing you want a copy of a set that is stored on my computer, not the download link.
I might need a bit of an explanation on how to do that. >_>
drum drum
get puush, put map folder into a zip, upload exported file with puush
Topic Starter
Zarlile
TheVileOne
Sorry for the delay.

Storyboard functions on my end. It's something related to your osu! settings or system.

What particular resolution do you use?
Topic Starter
Zarlile
Fullscreen 1280 x 1024.