forum

Tokyo Ghoul - Second season

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Nya-
The first season was pretty good, according to me, and when I heard that the second season was going to air around the 9th of January I was very excited.

I would really like to hear your opinion about how you think the second season would be.
userunkown_old
I haven't read the manga but I heard that shi ishida the mangaka for the seris will make the story that is non canon to the manga
- Yuuto -
I hope there weren't a censorships in the 2nd season.
Topic Starter
-Nya-
@Yuutosan: I also hope there won't be any censors. It can be really annoying. I had to watch the last episode of the first season with cencorship.
AnotherEpicName
censors will stay, so I'm just thinking meh
durarara 2nd season will be coming out too
aldnoah.zero 2nd season
Topic Starter
-Nya-
@AnotherEpicName: I haven't watched aldnoah zero yet. I wonder how that anime is. I'm not really a fan of anime with machines and robots and such.
Jindujun93
Seeing as to how they covered around 70 chapters during the first season and the manga has around 140 chapters, I expect this second season to be rushed as hell again. Not that I'm expecting anything to begin with from Tokyo Ghoul - the manga wasn't that good to begin with.
Topic Starter
-Nya-
@Jindujun93: Well I haven't read the manga but the anime was good in my opinion. It's then probably better to rather watch the anime than read the manga. Hopefully the second season won't feel rushed.
honey

AnotherEpicName wrote:

aldnoah.zero 2nd season
in all honesty i prob wont even watch the second season of aldnoah.zero. I thought the ending was pretty meh and i didnt like slaine soo yeah
killindcity

Drake wrote:

AnotherEpicName wrote:

aldnoah.zero 2nd season
in all honesty i prob wont even watch the second season of aldnoah.zero. I thought the ending was pretty meh and i didnt like slaine soo yeah

my body is not ready for another season of disappointment (aldnoah.zero)
took them a while but in happy for another season (durarara)
idk about Tokyo ghoul i stopped watching the anime half way then finished after the first manga finished , the censorship most likely will happen but i hope they don't rush the f out of it this season
AnotherEpicName

-Nya- wrote:

@AnotherEpicName: I haven't watched aldnoah zero yet. I wonder how that anime is. I'm not really a fan of anime with machines and robots and such.
I usualy don't really like meca anime either, but aldnoah was ok

Drake wrote:

AnotherEpicName wrote:

aldnoah.zero 2nd season
I'll just watch and hope they'll make the ending better
- Yuuto -
I think the old opening was better :o
Green Platinum
Season one was so bad all this one deserves is muted, 1.2x speed and neglected on my second monitor.
Topic Starter
-Nya-

Yuutosan wrote:

I think the old opening was better :o
I agree with you. The old opening was so cool! :D
Boomacus
I agree OP1 was so much better. I will still listen to OP2 a few more times to see if it grows on me or get some sort of meaning from it, it had a vibe of a poem.
Overall I liked the first episode the scenery shots they had in it were well done, fight scene pretty good.

I'm only salty about 1 thing is they are splitting from the manga.

It's a good and bad thing for me. Good - Point 1) we get a different take on the series so everything can be a surprise again. Point 2) if they would have done the original story it would have been to long to put into 12 episodes and therefore S2 would be just as rushed as S1. Bad - Point 1) Well they change it from the manga meaning endings might be drastically different. Point 2) seems like too many companies want to change a series and "make it into there own" and that kind of bothers me (akame ga kill would be an example).

Overall I'm exited to see how S2 plays out :)
Xerxes Break
I think OP2 better than OP1/
Boomacus
I still like OP1 more but I will say OP2 has grown on me a lot and fits the 2nd season mood.
Green Platinum
Damn the fights for episode four were so amateur.

They all felt so slow and clunky.
Any fast moments just used beams of light.
Lazy animation (Look at the foot soldiers frozen waiting for their turn).
Not to mention spent way too much time in close up so you couldn't even tell what was going on alot of the time.
Seriously keep both of your combatants in frame and only zoom in for expression and important dialogue.
When zoomed out rooms were so empty and angles were so boring.

No wonder people say the manga is better because the animators clearly aren't making any use of the benefits of animation.
"Lets just get a nice theme and animate the manga panel for panel"
Kyonko Hizara
tfw Kaneki is going through another phase.
Boomacus
I totally agree Green Platinum.
The fights were lackluster.There seemed to be no background music/noise and when there was it didn't exactly fit. On top of all of that the dialogue was not interesting at all. The manga did a better job at pumping up and getting me involved with the action during this part than the show did. Hopefully they recover in the next episode as things are starting to get interesting :?
VShine
Spoiler

I just hope they explain how Kaneki got his half Kakuja form and I really wish that the anime will end like the manga :D
Boomacus
SPOILER
Now that I think about it the manga never did explain how he transformed. That would be super cool if the anime goes more in depth on the procedure. I always thought he just kind of snapped and because of his mental state his kakuja changed.

If the second season does not end like the manga I will be disappointed :o
l
Green Platinum

Boomacus wrote:

If the second season does not end like the manga I will be disappointed
I think think you should be disappointed no matter what happens except if the series is fantastic.
I have issues with people who say anime must follow the manga entirely but that's another thing all together.
DeletedUser_3473174
-
[ LJ ]
I wish it would happen xD
[- Korenaa -]
First season of TokyoGhoul is best. :P :roll:
Nanase

[-Hide_N_Seek-] wrote:

First season of TokyoGhoul is best. :P :roll:
Agree