forum

Retry Warning!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
show more
Soaprman

JesusYamato wrote:

awp wrote:

or, you could press escape to unpause
You don't understand the issue, for tablet players like myself who drag the pen on the board, it auto clicks when you press escape to pause and that's really annoying. So if the cursor is in center when you pause = Auto retry.
I'm in this boat too, so support.
Gerbator

JesusYamato wrote:

for tablet players like myself who drag the pen on the board, it auto clicks when you press escape to pause and that's really annoying.
I play the same way you do, and I couldn't agree more :lol:

I think moneybagzkd's suggestion would be fine if optional. Support!
TKiller
*shrug*

I am pro at hitting new pages without counting posts.
FireballFlame

JesusYamato wrote:

You don't understand the issue, for tablet players like myself who drag the pen on the board, it auto clicks when you press escape to pause and that's really annoying. So if the cursor is in center when you pause = Auto retry.
Apparently if you've disabled mouse/whatever buttons during play and press escape while holding down such a button, it registers a click.
Shouldn't simply that bug be fixed then?
Topic Starter
moneybagzkd

FireballFlame wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

Apparently if you've disabled mouse/whatever buttons during play and press escape while holding down such a button, it registers a click.
Shouldn't simply that bug be fixed then?
Yea that's how it is in pc also, if cursor is in mid, and I hit esc to continue, it auto retries. All the more reason to put the warning :P and also for those accidental clicks I mentioned.
FireballFlame
That's is the only reason I see.
If you misclick... just take more time to aim for the button? Or press ESC to unpause?

I don't think a toggle will be added for something like that. Peppy doesn't like them for all I know.
Topic Starter
moneybagzkd

FireballFlame wrote:

If you misclick... just take more time to aim for the button? Or press ESC to unpause?

I don't think a toggle will be added for something like that. Peppy doesn't like them for all I know.
JesusYamato wrote:
awp

JesusYamato wrote:

awp wrote:

or, you could press escape to unpause
it doesn't do that for me
Waryas
it does it if click is disabled. Basically the moment click gets reenabled = registers a click if pen / mouse is clicked.
FireballFlame
moneybagzkd:
That's what I meant by

FireballFlame wrote:

Andruchon
please fix this, i always retry when i press esc and the cursor is over "retry".
even if my pen is in midair.
please fix this.
MDuh
Bumb this Feature request, I also raged when I accidentally paused/retry immediately

I always pause on spinners when playing 2min+ songs without break :3
ampzz
Increase your endurance = profit.

It would be handy to some players who, like JesusYamato, drag their pen on the tablet or others who centre their mouse but only if it was to be a toggable option as the only time I pause is during breaks or anything random in life pops up.
Even then I'm fine with rerunning the entire map again as I usually do (refer to playcount).
MDuh
its not a problem about endurance, the pen slips to my hand and needs to be repositioned
awp
It sounds like a tablet bug to me. Perhaps it should block input the first x milliseconds the game is paused.
My1_old
but I want it too
I have no tab but I accidentially click on retry EVERYTIME too, regardless of the reason for the break (my mum, my sister the toilet etc.)
+support
- Marco -
bump, i want to see this
Piine
May I ask why marcostudios?
- Marco -

Sulker wrote:

May I ask why marcostudios?
sure :) sometimes i accidentally hit the retry button, every other game has the retry warning to prevent accidentally retry so why not also in osu! ?
WingSilent
That's not needed. You have to take care about where you are clicking. ;)

Such a bump...
Comet
Actually, I'll bump this as well since I made a dupe thread without knowing and since this is the original I got told to continue here~

In my opinion a box with "Are you sure you want to retry this beatmap?" text and with a Yes and No button under said text was my version of the idea!

Considering many more people are doing this nowadays and losing scores I think it's safe to say this would be a nice feature to implement, and it wouldn't be terribly hard to code, either. I'm pretty sure this would be pro osu! players' wet dream(s) sometimes.
DeletedUser_4329079
That happened to me too so this would be a good addition imo
Bara-
Not sure
Pros
It would prevent accidental retry
Cons
It would make retrying way slower
As the cons are weigthed more then the pros for me, I disgree (or add it with a toggle)
DeletedUser_4329079

baraatje123 wrote:

Not sure
Pros
Cons
As the cons are weigthed more then the pros for me, I disgree (or add it with a toggle)
Don't forget about Ctrl+R
WingSilent

Cometblazer wrote:

In my opinion a box with "Are you sure you want to retry this beatmap?" text and with a Yes and No button under said text was my version of the idea!
By the way, this will bring a few new skinnable elements. :oops:
Karuta-_old_1
If I retry like 100 times a day, this would really slow me down =/
DeletedUser_4329079

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

If I retry like 100 times a day, this would really slow me down =/

Default wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Not sure
Pros
Cons
Don't forget about Ctrl+R
Bara-
God no
I hate that, due to them being far away from my key bindings
Even failing and then pressing restart goes faster than that
Even clicking esc and then click retry goes faster than ctrl R
Nexerq
I'm one to retry a lot sometimes, so this would add an inconvenience... ctrl+r is just tedious for me, my hands can never find that shortcut quickly...

but for ones who want this maybe add it as a setting...
teasp00n
I don't think this is needed. Do it enough times and you'll learn not to hover near the center.

And if you happen to do press retry.. Is it really that big of a deal?